:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Should i be worried of my soles ungluing after doing retrobrite sections just like Seaglow??
depends on how hot they got during the sessions, if they got too hot and the glue became liquid again they may come apart but usually this can be fixed by heating them up again and holding them together until it bonds again, not a big deal either way because barge cement or e6000 easily fix unglued parts

My very 1st backtab swap :smile:

Wore my military blue IV's and got a dirt stain on the neutral grey suede area near the tie box. Any advice in how to clean?

Quick question.  Hope this is the right place, sorry if it isn't.

Curious as to methods ya'll use for touching up midsoles (painting)?

I picked up some 03 Bugs VIIIs and they're in surprisingly great shape.  I'm going to touch up the midsole which is pretty well cracked thruout but maybe I'm overthinking but I was debating what methods people use to protect the places they aren't painting.

i.e. if it were a house I'd use tape to cover the edges I don't want to bleed over. 

But I feel like that is clumsy on this type of project.  So I'm thinking some sort of cut cardboard piece pressed where need be as you go along might be better.  Maybe I'm cocky but I also kind of feel like with enough care and small enough brushes and accuracy I could do it without anything...

Only thing keepin me from finishin this lil project is this midsole, a scuff and a stain... 
I'll be posting before/after when I'm done (although I did jason marrk 'em before I did the 'before' pics so they already look better than they arrived.

Quick question.  Hope this is the right place, sorry if it isn't.

Curious as to methods ya'll use for touching up midsoles (painting)?

I picked up some 03 Bugs VIIIs and they're in surprisingly great shape.  I'm going to touch up the midsole which is pretty well cracked thruout but maybe I'm overthinking but I was debating what methods people use to protect the places they aren't painting.

i.e. if it were a house I'd use tape to cover the edges I don't want to bleed over. 
But I feel like that is clumsy on this type of project.  So I'm thinking some sort of cut cardboard piece pressed where need be as you go along might be better.  Maybe I'm cocky but I also kind of feel like with enough care and small enough brushes and accuracy I could do it without anything...

Only thing keepin me from finishin this lil project is this midsole, a scuff and a stain... 

I'll be posting before/after when I'm done (although I did jason marrk 'em before I did the 'before' pics so they already look better than they arrived.

If you look back a page or so, maybe it's on this page idk I'm of 40 posts per page.

But I have a nice walkthrough of how it goes down

Quick question. For keeping a silica pack in the shoebox, I know you shouldn't let the pack touch the shoes so instead of putting the silica pack inside the box would it be ideal to just place it on top of the shoebox?

Edit: And another question, can the red on the inside of the AJ3 box get stained onto the shoes? 

Last edited:
Quick question. For keeping a silica pack in the shoebox, I know you shouldn't let the pack touch the shoes so instead of putting the silica pack inside the box would it be ideal to just place it on top of the shoebox?

Edit: And another question, can the red on the inside of the AJ3 box get stained onto the shoes? 
just put the silica pack under the paper thats in the box, i live in florida and i dont need/use them and unless you're in a crazy humid place or a basement i dont think you actually need them as long as the moisture content isnt crazy and they are at or near room temperature. and i wouldnt let the shoe touch the red part of a box just for the sake of anything is possible in my mind and its better safe than sorry

Just started restoring my 01 space jams. I am doing a sole swap with some ie lows. I want to clear them up a bit first. I have removed them from the donor shoes and have purchsed the sauce from restoremysneakers.com. I am trying an indoor setup. The question i have is that i have 2 different bulbs. I have a black light and i have a full spectrum daylight bulb from my fish tank. Should i run both lights or one or the other.

Last edited:
Wore my concords today for the first time, no yellowing on it yet but I wanna clean the soles from the dirt that made it dull. Best way to clean it without speeding the yellowing process?

Wore my concords today for the first time, no yellowing on it yet but I wanna clean the soles from the dirt that made it dull. Best way to clean it without speeding the yellowing process?
Jason Markk, regular sneaker cleaner, or laundry detergent and water.

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/370649/width/200/height/400[/IMG
Anybody got tips on whiting this patent leather?

Back
Top Bottom