:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

Question: i have a pair of IV's White/Green with some yellowing to the mesh. other than that, they look really nice and wearable. Would barkeepers be the best product for me to use solely on the mesh? pretty impressive results on the xi's from what i've seen so i think it might work... any opinions help, especially if they're first hand

how would you be able to clean under the net, if the net is in the way? it wouldnt be effective. once its yellowed, its hard to clean it because the net iskeeping from what your using to contact the mesh under the leather net.

Originally Posted by dOlla Billz8919

Wow now I'm super hesitant to wear my VIs.
Basically I bought a pair of DS Infrared VIs over the weekend from a reliable person with a massive sneaker collection and he told me that he doesn't store his shoes with silica or in bags, but rather just shoves his shoes in closets around his house. He says that he doesn't see why I can't wear them but he didn't give me a definite answer, so I'm sort of lost at this point. I bought them so I could wear them but I don't want to throw all the money I spent on these in the garbage after a few steps. I took a pair of my Carmines and compared it to the Infrared VIs. Basically I was just feeling the midsole and squishing it with my thumb and middle finger feeling how firm it is. From what I recall there was not much difference, but still I would like to know if there's anything that I should be looking out for, signs, that it might crack. There's no yellowing at all, and the air units are clear, not foggy. I do realize, from personal and friends experience that the black paint on the heels will crack but it's inevitable, what I'm mostly concenred about is the actual midsole cracking.

So if any of you experts could enlighten me on any signs that I should be looking out for, like how the midsole should feel if it's at the stage where it's going to crack, or if there's nothing I can do other than take that leap of faith...

*gulp*

Thanks in advance, Billy.
by the time you see signs. its over for it.

IMO, keep them DS and buy VNDS Infareds

Originally Posted by OG Fresh

Hey so heres my problem, i have a pair of XII's and want to restore them.
can u tell me how to get the creases out and what other steps i should do like repaint and stuff. what paint should i use and where do i get them from?

here's what they look like
you can iron out the creases by putting a wet towel over the creases area and iron it. but keep in mind that this weakens the leather and overtime, it'll look worse than it did before you ironed them.

as for painting, you can use Angelus Paint and you can buy them here:
http://www.caningshop.com...Y&Category_Code=OTH-J

Originally Posted by rick8888

do any one know how to get scratches off the patent leather xi
you cant.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

back again...just asking before i mess up these shoes, all i do is paint over it right? or do i sand then paint?...also is there a way to clean the white part on the inside of the shoes? (just click the links for pics)

white parts:
tab
side

what i mean by the inside:
inside

NOTE: inside is dirtier then in photo and paint parts are yellower then they look
you have to prep the midsole, so you have to sand paper off the old paint and apply several coats of white paint.
Originally Posted by JoseBronx

i know this has been asked before, sorry but i couldnt find a straight foward answer

what can i do to restore these, infared VI

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g306/bxeazy174/?action=view&current=crackedinfrared2.jpg
http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g306/bxeazy174/?action=view&current=crackedinfrared1.jpg
shoe goo

This has probably been asked before, but is there anyway to fix the peeling off soles problem after using SeaGlow to some Jordan XI's??? I messed up on oneshoe... Please help!

QUESTION BOUT SEAGLLOWING 5's, on the sides of the 5's, the netting. can that be seaglowed? or only just the soles D:

Originally Posted by ausrotten23

This has probably been asked before, but is there anyway to fix the peeling off soles problem after using SeaGlow to some Jordan XI's??? I messed up on one shoe... Please help!
shoe goo. but it might take lots of time and patience for it to fully glue.

there's always crazy glue

Originally Posted by AnimeBaller14

QUESTION BOUT SEAGLLOWING 5's, on the sides of the 5's, the netting. can that be seaglowed? or only just the soles D:

you can

^FPSee? you can clearly look at a IV and tell that the net does not cover all underlying material. It also isn't made of leather. All i want to know iswhether barkeepers will have the same effect on THAT material as it does on the XI's. If anyone has tried cleaning the mesh on a IV, drop some pointers.Thanks.

Anything I could do about these? Such as the midsole? Like repainting it, what color, and how? etc. Any other problems to restoring these?

Elephant print is fine, no cracks. Anyway I can prevent cracks?

Originally Posted by FriscoSoLE09

Anything I could do about these? Such as the midsole? Like repainting it, what color, and how? etc. Any other problems to restoring these?

Elephant print is fine, no cracks. Anyway I can prevent cracks?
use white paint for the midsole? what else color would you want the midsole to be.
and how would be, using a fine paint brush, the thin brushes (professional).
the problems would be is if you repainted it, the paint would crack after 2-3 wears depending on the type of paint, coating, letting the paint try onto thesurface.
you cant really prevent cracks, unless you dont wear them at all. pressure from stepping down and putting your weight onto your foot puts pressure on the foammidsole. the midsole isnt stiff like the soles. the paint that on the midsole will eventually crack from all the pressure from your foot and loosens the paint.

Originally Posted by eeBS7eez

^FPSee? you can clearly look at a IV and tell that the net does not cover all underlying material. It also isn't made of leather. All i want to know is whether barkeepers will have the same effect on THAT material as it does on the XI's. If anyone has tried cleaning the mesh on a IV, drop some pointers. Thanks.
well no !+%%. its a net.
grin.gif
. but how can you expect to cleansomething when almost covered by the net (not fully). there's not direct contact except in between the lining of the net, your not gonna get to cleanthoroughly with the net blocking it. why dont you try it for yourself and see if it whitens then mesh when the net is in the way.

Thx, So I shouldn't paint it unless I'm not gonna wear it right? Cause I plan on wearing the Mochas soon.

quick question.
i picked up a pair of used space jams in pretty good condition not so long ago and as i was putting them on one day i realized there are a few spots where thepatent leather has come unglued from the mid sole.
so my question is are they done for or is there a certain kind of glue i should use to fix them?
thanks for your time NT

How can I get the dirt out of the nubuck on my Citrus Vii WITHOUT the Suede/Nubuck Eraser Brush Cleaning Kit... I tried brushing it with a dry toothbrush, andused some water too, no results...

Originally Posted by gh0stface

How can I get the dirt out of the nubuck on my Citrus Vii WITHOUT the Suede/Nubuck Eraser Brush Cleaning Kit... I tried brushing it with a dry toothbrush, and used some water too, no results...
LOL. dont use water on nubuck/suede. it dries out the material causing it to get fade spots.
but anyways the eraser is the most effective way to remove those dirt spots, but you can try using the magic eraser without soaking it. if that doesnt work.you gotta buy the eraser.

Originally Posted by fran215kill

quick question.
i picked up a pair of used space jams in pretty good condition not so long ago and as i was putting them on one day i realized there are a few spots where the patent leather has come unglued from the mid sole.
so my question is are they done for or is there a certain kind of glue i should use to fix them?
thanks for your time NT
shoe goo.
Originally Posted by FriscoSoLE09

Thx, So I shouldn't paint it unless I'm not gonna wear it right? Cause I plan on wearing the Mochas soon.
i mean, its all up to you if you want to wear them. they'll end up cracking soon on their pressure points.

Using dry Mr Clean Magic Eraser worked a little on the lighter dirt stains but on the darker ones, I added a tiny bit of water on the tip of the eraser and itworked wonderfully...

Using dry Mr Clean Magic Eraser worked a little on the lighter dirt stains but on the darker ones, I added a tiny bit of water on the tip of the eraser and it worked wonderfully...

oh ok. try adding some baby oil if a dry spot occurs.

Originally Posted by FPSee

Using dry Mr Clean Magic Eraser worked a little on the lighter dirt stains but on the darker ones, I added a tiny bit of water on the tip of the eraser and it
worked wonderfully...

A dry spot?

Originally Posted by FPSee

Using dry Mr Clean Magic Eraser worked a little on the lighter dirt stains but on the darker ones, I added a tiny bit of water on the tip of the eraser and it
worked wonderfully...

A dry spot?
a faded area.

can somebody tell me the best way to clean dirt off the material behind the netting on the sides of the Vs and spiz'ikes? pm me with help i need to knowsoon please and thanks

hey i'm trying to repaint the soles of my white cement IVs, im going to buy paint from this site http://www.caningshop.com...Category_Code=OTH-J...but thecolor on my computer is messed up (on the color chart the Burgundy tab is dark blue, that can't be right.) so should i be using the grey or the dark grey?also i'm i wasteing my time meaning is the paint just going to chip off anyway? (i don't plan on wearing them much)

this thread is very useful...I have an OG Jordan XI concords...the net are yellowed and I would like to try that BarKeepers friend....I would like to knowwhere to buy them....thanks in advance.....

Back
Top Bottom