:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

hey i want to regule my spacejams back together. i purchased the BARGE CEMENT Glue the blue package one. so im trying to restore my soles back to clear. but when i opened the GLUE the COLOR looks yellow? if i used that glue to reglue my shoes back together will it look yellow?what other type/brand Glue can i use? thats CLEAR? instead of yellow?

take some side shots of them sitting on the ground so we can see how clear they look when on feet, oh and how sweet would that pair in mid top be?

oh man the mid would be crazy! thanks a lot for the feedback man, I will post some on feet pics in a few hours! yeah I'm pretty happy with the results jus couldn't recall how they released, thx for info

take some side shots of them sitting on the ground so we can see how clear they look when on feet, oh and how sweet would that pair in mid top be?

hey i want to regule my spacejams back together. i purchased the BARGE CEMENT Glue the blue package one. so im trying to restore my soles back to clear. but when i opened the GLUE the COLOR looks yellow? if i used that glue to reglue my shoes back together will it look yellow? what other type/brand Glue can i use? thats CLEAR? instead of yellow?
Don't use that it's gotta be clear barge cement the yellow glue is gonna make it look yellow

ur makin it hard for me to not go spend money that i dont need to lol but seriosuly great work and i wouldnt do anymore work on them. If you dont mind can you possibly pm me with some indoor setup help like bulbs ur using and such, if not i understand but if you could that would be great!

2 questions for you guys.

What is the best paint to use on the midsole of the 11s? Also, is there a way to paint the patent leather on the 11s? If so, best paint to use?

What is the best paint to use on the midsole of the 11s? Also, is there a way to paint the patent leather on the 11s? If so, best paint to use?
i am doing this right now, the angelus paint for both. try to get some acetone and strip the shiny part of the PL off (be gentle so you dont severely damage it then let it dry and use multiple coats (to avoid streaky paint) until it looks the way you like. Next get the acrylic finisher, the glossy one, and paint over the PL parts and enjoy your finished product. Take your time and be patient, if you find yourself rushing put the project down and return later. Oh and tape off as much as possible, it will save you much headaches in the end.

ur makin it hard for me to not go spend money that i dont need to lol but seriosuly great work and i wouldnt do anymore work on them. If you dont mind can you possibly pm me with some indoor setup help like bulbs ur using and such, if not i understand but if you could that would be great!

thanks a lot! I kno the feeling when I bought my setup I didn't wanna spend any money at the time either but it was well worth it! and yeah I'm gonna clear up the other one now I think I pushed it far as possible

i am doing this right now, the angelus paint for both. try to get some acetone and strip the shiny part of the PL off (be gentle so you dont severely damage it then let it dry and use multiple coats (to avoid streaky paint) until it looks the way you like. Next get the acrylic finisher, the glossy one, and paint over the PL parts and enjoy your finished product. Take your time and be patient, if you find yourself rushing put the project down and return later. Oh and tape off as much as possible, it will save you much headaches in the end.

thanks a lot for the info man, appreciate it. so acrylic paint wouldnt work for the midsole? if I may ask, what are you trying to do to your 11s? I was going to try and turn the 11 lows that came out last weekend in to space jam lows

thanks a lot! I kno the feeling when I bought my setup I didn't wanna spend any money at the time either but it was well worth it! and yeah I'm gonna clear up the other one now I think I pushed it far as possible

i cleared up my 2001 Space Jams too with 6 sessions. but after 3 wears (in 2 weeks), they gradually went back to yellow!! smh

did this happen to urs too?

NT fam. I think I just came up. Got a pair of these DS for $235. Gonna clean up the mesh but keep the soles yellow (I guess I'm one of the few that likes urine tinted soles lol? Gives them a gum look IMO) I'll post pictures when done.

The only thing I'm worried about is it burning my kicks. Ive heard of others doing so and don't want to take that risk.
find any random pair of leather shoes and practice on those first. Get a wet towel and place it over the section you are ironing.. you can press the towel if its thin enough into the contours of the leather to see where you need to iron. Lowest heat setting possible, constantly getting the shoe (below the towel) and the towel wet. You are ONLY ironing the wet towel on the lowest heat setting, making sure to always spray it with some more water constantly.

that is some serious yellow though. Like you said, its beyond yellow, its wood colored.
NT fam. I think I just came up. Got a pair of these DS for $235. Gonna clean up the mesh but keep the soles yellow (I guess I'm one of the few that likes urine tinted soles lol? Gives them a gum look IMO) I'll post pictures when done.

that is some serious yellow though. Like you said, its beyond yellow, its wood colored.

Eh, to each his own. We are all entitled to our own opinions and interests. Understand what you mean though. This is why I feel like I'm one of the few lol

find any random pair of leather shoes and practice on those first. Get a wet towel and place it over the section you are ironing.. you can press the towel if its thin enough into the contours of the leather to see where you need to iron. Lowest heat setting possible, constantly getting the shoe (below the towel) and the towel wet. You are ONLY ironing the wet towel on the lowest heat setting, making sure to always spray it with some more water constantly.
Great idea, thanks.

putting 12 year old glue in the sun for 8 hours sounds like a bad idea

That's why you get them done on indoor setup I put 40+ hours into my 12 year old 01 cherry lows and the sole never got hot, I also made precautions to keep them kool as well tho

thanks a lot for the info man, appreciate it. so acrylic paint wouldnt work for the midsole? if I may ask, what are you trying to do to your 11s? I was going to try and turn the 11 lows that came out last weekend in to space jam lows
i got a pair of columbia low 11s from 01 and they were beaters so i cleaned them up a bit, working on the soles and im making them into a custom for fun. they are red with white toes, i think they look good but they are far from finished but i might try to get them finished now that you brought them back up, ill post some pics later if u like.

Back
Top Bottom