:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

So ive painted my true blues, painted my cement 3s and cement spizikes (for practice). I want to tackle my aqua 8s. I know this is going to require mixing so can someone tell me the colors I'm going to need? I know its more than 2 or 3 colors.

[quote name="beh235" url="/t/15471/official-sneaker-care-maintenance-post-its-back/7560#post_18337]Made the solution, tried it, to me it seems to have the same effect as seaglow, You have to do it a LOT to notice a difference. It's not a 1,2,3 process.[/quote] That I'm aware of. What I meant was that if anyone has tried doing the process on the interior part instead of the exterior? And if results are better.

That I'm aware of. What I meant was that if anyone has tried doing the process on the interior part instead of the exterior? And if results are better.
People have done both ways. If the soles are already separated, it doesnt make sense to do it from one side only. 

[quote name="beh235" url="/t/15471/official-sneaker-care-maintenance-post-its-back/7560#post_18337]Made the solution, tried it, to me it seems to have the same effect as seaglow, You have to do it a LOT to notice a difference. It's not a 1,2,3 process.
That I'm aware of. What I meant was that if anyone has tried doing the process on the interior part instead of the exterior? And if results are better.[/quote]

Idk, currently doing it with seaglow with my concord soles. Will let you know.

my brother's house burned from a fire last week.  we were able to salvage a few items from it. looking thru my nephew's closet, i found his DS pair of Jordan XIII HGGs.  bought these for him so he would have them when school starts back in the fall.

they only suffered smoke damage, but are pretty much flawless.  any tips on how to get rid of the smell (without putting them in a washer)??

Thanks everyone.

Put teas bags in each shoe and one in the box. This is a little trick that kills bad smells for sneakers.

who's got easy tips for re-gluing a few spots on some 2000 space jams midsole?

The soles themselves are fine, just got some spots on the midsole where it has separated.

who's got easy tips for re-gluing a few spots on some 2000 space jams midsole?

The soles themselves are fine, just got some spots on the midsole where it has separated.

E6000 glue my friend. Check the entire shoe for weak spots. I had spots on my shoe checked the rest and I have to reglue the entire outsole.

E6000 glue my friend. Check the entire shoe for weak spots. I had spots on my shoe checked the rest and I have to reglue the entire outsole.

I have repainted midsoles and stuff like that, but I don't trust myself with a project like this, I was actually thinking of taking it to a shoe repair place, maybe they can do something? and do it right :lol:

I have repainted midsoles and stuff like that, but I don't trust myself with a project like this, I was actually thinking of taking it to a shoe repair place, maybe they can do something? and do it right :lol:

I thought about taking it to a shoe place too, but I don't trust them enough to do it, idk. If it doesn't take like how I want to, or if I glue it and it comes apart down the line, then I'll take it to a shoe place.

I thought about taking it to a shoe place too, but I don't trust them enough to do it, idk. If it doesn't take like how I want to, or if I glue it and it comes apart down the line, then I'll take it to a shoe place.

I'd probably stay there and watch them haha, I think i'll go and sus it out, but I have a place I can get E-6000 from, so if all goes down hill then I guess i'll soldier up and do it. like it said it's only the midsole (for now :nerd:) so I should be able to do it.

I've watched restoremysneakers youtube tutorial on it too, so I have a far idea.

I'd probably stay there and watch them haha, I think i'll go and sus it out, but I have a place I can get E-6000 from, so if all goes down hill then I guess i'll soldier up and do it. like it said it's only the midsole (for now :nerd:) so I should be able to do it.

I've watched restoremysneakers youtube tutorial on it too, so I have a far idea.

cool man, good luck. I'll post pics once my project is done.

cool man, good luck. I'll post pics once my project is done.

oh your in the process of doing it at the moment? yeah let me know how you go, what issues you run into if any.

Yeah my concords. Whitening the mesh, outsoles seperated in spots like yours. In fact my '00 SJ midsole is separating like yours also, I have to fix that. But with the concords the outsole did it as well. Started off in one spot then found out the whole thing was doing it. Decided to just take em off and redo the whole thing. My concords look wild right now :lol:

Yeah my concords. Whitening the mesh, outsoles seperated in spots like yours. In fact my '00 SJ midsole is separating like yours also, I have to fix that. But with the concords the outsole did it as well. Started off in one spot then found out the whole thing was doing it. Decided to just take em off and redo the whole thing. My concords look wild right now :lol:

concords be like:

jordan-xi-concord-socks-02-570x450.jpg

concords be like:

jordan-xi-concord-socks-02-570x450.jpg

They look worse atm lol

so i been using 40 vol creme developer and pinches of oxi clean to unyellow the soles of my space jams and ive been getting good results. but now i start to see some yellowing come back overnight after a whole day of outdoor sessions any thoughts or advice? 
nerd.gif

so i been using 40 vol creme developer and pinches of oxi clean to unyellow the soles of my space jams and ive been getting good results. but now i start to see some yellowing come back overnight after a whole day of outdoor sessions any thoughts or advice? 
nerd.gif
yeah they look great then they dry and look more yellow than before, you need to just keep doing sessions and just realize that it will look worse when it dries.

yeah they look great then they dry and look more yellow than before, you need to just keep doing sessions and just realize that it will look worse when it dries.
Dayumm patience really is key then. Been doing mad sessions on these and I loved the results until they dried hahaah thanks for the info appreciate it ill post some updates soon

Anybody know how to get these black marks off? These came in from NDC like this today and they have some black scuffs on there. I've tried water and a rag Mr clean magic eraser and nail polish remover and nothing it won't come off.

Anybody know how to get these black marks off? These came in from NDC like this today and they have some black scuffs on there. I've tried water and a rag Mr clean magic eraser and nail polish remover and nothing it won't come off.

I don't even see a problem here. Stop being so anal about your kicks and just wear them man.

I don't even see a problem here. Stop being so anal about your kicks and just wear them man.
I see the problem, but it's so minimal that it shouldn't prevent wear.

Try some Plus White toothpaste and toothbrush, imlive.  That might get it off. 

Back
Top Bottom