:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

^ kinda looks like those pics were taken Ina shower room atta gym or sumtin. Lol

Why is the floor wet?

If he did use em in the gym they are prolly gonna smell prty bad. So take that into consideration

Last edited:
What's the proper way to use bar keepers friend on yellowed 11 mesh?
liquid or powder? either way when its to the consistency u want (if its the powder) put some on a toothbrush and scrub the areas you want to take the yellow off, be carefull it is a super abrasive product so go easy with the scrubbing but scrub it with the toothbrush and after you are done scrubbing it you must rinse it out thoroughly and i mean THOROUGHLY because if you leave it on the mesh it will burn it pretty bad, it may take a few sessions but be patient and do it until it is as white as you like, some people do the RIT whitener/brightener process which is pretty much following the same deal but with the RIT product, good luck!

liquid or powder? either way when its to the consistency u want (if its the powder) put some on a toothbrush and scrub the areas you want to take the yellow off, be carefull it is a super abrasive product so go easy with the scrubbing but scrub it with the toothbrush and after you are done scrubbing it you must rinse it out thoroughly and i mean THOROUGHLY because if you leave it on the mesh it will burn it pretty bad, it may take a few sessions but be patient and do it until it is as white as you like, some people do the RIT whitener/brightener process which is pretty much following the same deal but with the RIT product, good luck!

Which is the better product? Would it mess up patent leather?

if it runs onto the PL it will do no harm but if you scrub the PL it might damage it, and as far as which is better? i havent done the RIT method so i have no input but the BKF worked for me just make sure you rinse it well enough not to damage the mesh

if it runs onto the PL it will do no harm but if you scrub the PL it might damage it, and as far as which is better? i havent done the RIT method so i have no input but the BKF worked for me just make sure you rinse it well enough not to damage the mesh
I have a question, how do you rinse it? Do you put the shoe under the faucet? Or do you take a toothbrush and just keep brushing with the water? I started my project two weeks ago and still have a long ways to go, only thing is it's dry, but I still feel the residue of the liquid BKF. I washed the mesh so much and still it feels like the BKF is in the mesh.

Sorry to pic quote but I'm on mobile.

I would. Dosent seem like much needs to be done other than deep cleaning the entire shoe and removing some creases.
How do I deep clean, and get the creases out. It looks like the black part is kind of creased or cracking I'm not sure.

I have a question, how do you rinse it? Do you put the shoe under the faucet?
That exactly how I rinsed mine. Used the spray head from the faucet and just sprayed the shoe until the water ran clear. Then I put the shoe trees and newspaer inside them to dry them out and maintain the shape.

I have a question, how do you rinse it? Do you put the shoe under the faucet?
That exactly how I rinsed mine. Used the spray head from the faucet and just sprayed the shoe until the water ran clear. Then I put the shoe trees and newspaer inside them to dry them out and maintain the shape.
Ahh, I got you. So I'm on the right track. I just have to rinse them like a mutha then lol. You don't want to see my concords right now. Cleaning the upper mesh, complete sole seperation on both shoes. It's crazy now. So far, the mesh on the upper looks dull right now. I still have to keep rinsing.

Ahh, I got you. So I'm on the right track. I just have to rinse them like a mutha then lol. You don't want to see my concords right now. Cleaning the upper mesh, complete sole seperation on both shoes. It's crazy now. So far, the mesh on the upper looks dull right now. I still have to keep rinsing.
LOL! Same thing with my 2K concords. Wore them in Bahamas for the week 4th of July and the I guess the heat seprated the outsole in a couple places. When I started cleaning them I pulled on the outsole a bit and it started to seperate more. So rather than spot re-glue, I decided to pull it off and re-do the whole thing in hopes that it will last longer.

LOL! Same thing with my 2K concords. Wore them in Bahamas for the week 4th of July and the I guess the heat seprated the outsole in a couple places. When I started cleaning them I pulled on the outsole a bit and it started to seperate more. So rather than spot re-glue, I decided to pull it off and re-do the whole thing in hopes that it will last longer.
That's the exact thing that happened to me. Took em out of the box one day, saw a spot that started to separate on the sole, then I noticed it was separating more. Took it off. The same day, cleaned the other foot, saw water in the sole smh. Pulled the whole thing off and now I have to reglue both. 

^ and the exact same thing happened to me. Decided not to air dry out in the plain sun anymore after cleaning

^ and the exact same thing happened to me. Decided not to air dry out in the plain sun anymore after cleaning
Why would you do that? put them in a window or just let them sit in front of the fan. The sun can be your worst enemy in that way. 

i know its recommended to use barge cement infinity to reglue your soles for Aj XI. but can u use another glue beside that one? i really dont want to order it for 35 bucks.. will e6000 from michaels work and hold up? im talkin about regluing the whole bottom soles. thanks.

^ was hoping sun would naturally bleach the concords white after putting RIT and cleaner. Sounds crazy but actually does work for whitening fabrics

^ was hoping sun would naturally bleach the concords white after putting RIT and cleaner. Sounds crazy but actually does work for whitening fabrics
True. This works for white cotton clothes and wondered if would work on the mesh. How did it turn out? With my outsole already off it would be a good time for me to do this....

i know its recommended to use barge cement infinity to reglue your soles for Aj XI. but can u use another glue beside that one? i really dont want to order it for 35 bucks.. will e6000 from michaels work and hold up? im talkin about regluing the whole bottom soles. thanks.
E6000 is better. Goes on clear and dries clear. Go for it. 

E6000 is better. Goes on clear and dries clear. Go for it. 
true, but the barge cement in the canister with the applicator is clear as well plus comes with the applicator to put it on, if you're going to reglue more than one pair then i would go for the barge cement but either will work perfectly.

true, but the barge cement in the canister with the applicator is clear as well plus comes with the applicator to put it on, if you're going to reglue more than one pair then i would go for the barge cement but either will work perfectly.
thanks for the info! so with the E6000 do i have to buy a separate applicator? what do you mean exactly when u said the barge cement infinity comes with an applicator? is that a mix u have to use to make the glue stick?

to those that have heard about "blooming" when retrobriting. does anyone know the cause of this? and is there any way to get rid of it because i am developing some white "bloom" on the soles of my columbias. am i possibly putting too much retrobrite? thanks in advance

True. This works for white cotton clothes and wondered if would work on the mesh. How did it turn out? With my outsole already off it would be a good time for me to do this....

Did get good results but I'm trying out other methods. Just not enough to get it to that white IMO

thanks for the info! so with the E6000 do i have to buy a separate applicator? what do you mean exactly when u said the barge cement infinity comes with an applicator? is that a mix u have to use to make the glue stick?
the applicator is a brush type of thing that twists off the top when you open it that lhelps you apply the glue where you want it.

Whats the best way to get yellowing off toe cap...and on the rubber part on the heel of my true blue III's?

Retrobrite

YouTube has lots of tutorials

Thanks Crystalmethod. I used my reviver on the toe cap of my 2004 Retro Olympic VII's and on the toe cap and back rubber heel part on my 2001 Retro III True Blues. It turned out very white I am very pleased with the results. It only took like 10-20min out in the sun. I applied the reviver to the specific parts then wrapped them with cling wrap and put them in the sunlight...bam so white I had to clean the rest of the shoes.

Last edited:
this is after a 1 time 40 minute outdoor session. I used Reviver.

Back
Top Bottom