:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I have
I have used these a bunch of times. They keep the sole of your sneaker very clean. You do lose traction on certain surfaces though. And as for how icey your soles stay, and for how long they last I can't say because they haven't been around for very long.

Thanks for the response. So as far as the heat gun goes do you think it's safe for the shoes?

Currently regluing some more parts of my 2000 Jams.

hopefully won't have to pull the whole sole off, at the moment just got some midsole and toe cap separation.

:nerd:

Bro
Fam,

Is there any way i could fix this?? I have another pair of 6s that I could use for their tabs but what would the best way to go about doing so? Also, has anyone ever done this before?

try Barge cement and tape the tab together with painting tape with low adhesion. Works on jordan 3 and 4 tabs.

will the barge cement hold fast to the nubuck tho?? I was just going to take off the pull tabs from a pair of white/varsity red 6s and paint the middle strip metallic gold and work from there. There was a youtube video that showed a guy using shoe goo to put them back on the carmines but they are leather. im just afraid to try this because i dont want to screw the shoe itself up, you know?

Hey guys,

do you guys know of any reputable customization businesses who would be willing to do a tongue and tag swap on my chicago 1's?

i'd rather give it to someone or a place with a good portfolio + reviews, and not a hobbyist.

thanks.

Hey guys,

do you guys know of any reputable customization businesses who would be willing to do a tongue and tag swap on my chicago 1's?

i'd rather give it to someone or a place with a good portfolio + reviews, and not a hobbyist.

thanks.
I'm not sure about the tongue and tag swap but this guy is doing some real good things.  Might be worth contacting him and finding out.

http://www.renegaderestoration.com/

I recently came up on some og columbia 11's and the eyelets and toungue have a bit of dirt in them can I still use the rit whitner on them or will it damage the leather surrounding it

Getting ready to clean my black cement 3's. I've only worn them 5-6 times and they look DS its just the front of the midsole has slight yellowing. I know this would be easy to clean but with what? I was told toothpaste would be good, but what about Mr. Clean magic eraser? Any thoughts?

Yo sgamon and johnandrew13 much props on your restorations...they turned out dope. Love seeing pictures like this!

Getting ready to clean my black cement 3's. I've only worn them 5-6 times and they look DS its just the front of the midsole has slight yellowing. I know this would be easy to clean but with what? I was told toothpaste would be good, but what about Mr. Clean magic eraser? Any thoughts?

Maybe it's just dirty. It's too soon for it to yellow. You should try rubbing it with a wet cloth to see if it comes off.

Hey im about to completely restore my 3s and I was wondering how to get rid of the yellowing.

Its not showing up in the pic alot but its there

Have u tried regular cleaning with soap n water? N scrub with a toothbrush
If that dosen work.. A magic eraser might help..

Worse come to worse.. Ur gana have to use retrobrite

Soap adn water really? can anyone support that?

Is it nubuck?
If so... Lincoln ez cleaner.

U can get it off amazon for like $10-15

Me personally...
I would never mess with any of those suede dyes..
Feel like it will do more harm than good

Have u tried regular cleaning with soap n water? N scrub with a toothbrush
If that dosen work.. A magic eraser might help..

Worse come to worse.. Ur gana have to use retrobrite
Is it nubuck?
If so... Lincoln ez cleaner.

U can get it off amazon for like $10-15
Me personally...
I would never mess with any of those suede dyes..
Feel like it will do more harm than good

Suede dye works awesome to me. They really restored the color on my 06 metallics

if something is not a simple fix i like to leave damage, i think it gives more OG look/character imo

Angelus dye fades after a while. I guess it depends on what color you use and the material you use it on.

This is what Angelus dye can do initially, it has faded a bit since I originally did it, but I never completely did the pair, what's pictured was just a test run. I still have to finish the shoe. That green is the color of the pair Ray Allen actually wore. The RD pairs were a lighter green btw. 

Before

After

Back
Top Bottom