:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anything pushing 6 years, is questionable.  Id wear them lightly around the house and see how they hold up first.  nothings more embarrassing then having the sole come off your shoes while your in the mall.   If they are DS, Id definately wonder how they will hold up.  If they are worn in, your chances are slightly better.  If the shoe is going to come apart, its during that initial break-in process
2006 isn't that old. The worst that can really happen is sole separation. Haven't heard of anyone saying their 06 Js are crumbling lol

White Cement 4 Sole Swap:

It's been a quite a few months since I've sole swapped a pair of shoes. As a result, the end product isn't as great as I want it to be. Due to personal issues I've stopped restoring all together and my skills have dulled. 

The cement print and speckling isn't a 1:1 with the backtab and wings. The speckles on the picture above is a little too much. The other shoe looks better. Overall an okay swapped from my opinion and im sure others will agree since I have done better and I will become better.

Don't worry, there will be more to come!

Enjoy the swap and have a blessed evening.

2006 isn't that old. The worst that can really happen is sole separation. Haven't heard of anyone saying their 06 Js are crumbling l
yeah but the most important thing is how you store your shoes. 7 years isnt enough for crumbling, but its more than enough for cracking, tearing, bursting air bubbles, and deterioration of glue.

These 2006 DMP 6's have. Theyre DS
damn dude :frown:  . thanks for proving us wrong.  I always try to tell as many people as I can, to wear in and break in their DS shoes..  Broken in shoes, dont do this..  Yeah sure, even a broken-in pair is going to fall apart some day... But   If a DS shoe is going to fall apart, its from the (pressure) of the initial wear, which is an intense process of the shoe ( while it gets accustom to your wieght, and the foams and materials adjust to your fit)... 

Wear your shoes dudes. Even if you want to save them, wear them for a few hours around the house.

Last edited:
Barge cement dries much much faster

ive been experimenting with glue for a minute now, and i can say that barge cement isn't great after they changed the formula. unless you can find a version with toulene, you might want to find a bottle of renia.

e6k works well...but if you have major separation, you're going to need something stronger.

These 2006 DMP 6's have. Theyre DS

wow...wasn't expecting that

Last edited:
used E6000 on my 03 playoff XIIs and the glue works great but i was lazy and didnt use anything to hold them together and have some gaps (which im fine with) so the glue works great just make sure u have something that will hold the shoes closed the entire time they are setting, seems like a duh statement but thought i would post some experience for future do it yourself ers

used E6000 on my 03 playoff XIIs and the glue works great but i was lazy and didnt use anything to hold them together and have some gaps (which im fine with) so the glue works great just make sure u have something that will hold the shoes closed the entire time they are setting, seems like a duh statement but thought i would post some experience for future do it yourself ers
How is it holding up after some wears? I don't like the new formula of barge cement they start separating after a few wears I don't think it's strong enough

Has anyone tried to use a OTTlite to make soles icy again indoors? I'm thinking about buying one of those lamp lights and sauce. Any advice?

Air Jordan 4 Black Laser Simple restoration:

I deoxidized the midsole from the yelllowing and also repainted the midsole.

There was an issue with the midsole and could not fix. Due to the shoes being eight years old, there are signs of deterioration.

Enjoy. My ig is @johnandrew00

My email is [email protected]

I am open for swaps and rubber clearing only.
How did you deoxidize the yellowing from midsole? I have this problem on my laser 4s

Last edited:
Can anyone help with this.....so I bought the south beach paint from angelus to restore my south beaches
Went thru all the proper procedures to repaint the shoe but, I noticed this after going over the toe 1st

They don't seem to match and now I'm getting a little scared

1st thing came to mind was give them a couple layers let them dry and take a stab at it after I get off tomorrow

My only concern is I dont want the paint to be far off any suggestions?

Last edited:
Can anyone help with this.....so I bought the south beach paint from angelus to restore my south beaches
Went thru all the proper procedures to repaint the shoe but, I noticed this after going over the toe 1st

They don't seem to match and now I'm getting a little scared

1st thing came to mind was give them a couple layers let them dry and take a stab at it after I get off tomorrow

My only concern is I dont want the paint to be far off any suggestions?
Thats why you need to mix the paint yourself. Nothing can be 100% correct. Tragik1993 has also noticed this. 

Thats why you need to mix the paint yourself. Nothing can be 100% correct. Tragik1993 has also noticed this. 

I just figured they finally made the correct color combination I was trying to avoid mixing but do you think
a touch of blue and black will darken it up enough?

Last edited:
you're not going to match it 100% its impossible, when i do the painting you pretty much have to paint every section of that color or it will look off. no easy way about it. Even the professional color matches dont look exact

you're not going to match it 100% its impossible, when i do the painting you pretty much have to paint every section of that color or it will look off. no easy way about it. Even the professional color matches dont look exact

True I at least wanna match the panels I don't want those to look turquoise and the leather teal

Anyone know how to fix this on my varsity 6s, it feels flat, and when it shines when light hits it.
I have the same thing with my varsity red 6's and Im pretty sure it might be the removal of the suede so it leaves what lies underneath....I would try getting an eraser and some suede cleaner and see if you can erase the thing off cuz it might just be a scuff if not and the suedes removed then theres nothing you can do.

Hello guys, any help is appreciated.

I have a pair of Jordan XIII Flints that I bought used off Craigslist. The white leather on the toe of BOTH shoes have scuffs in the leather. It's scuffed to the point that the white paint on the leather has come off and it's "grayish" underneath. 

My question is for white kicks....what is the ideal PAINT to use to repaint/fix white leather? If I had the paint this looks like a rather easy fix.

Thanks

Last edited:
[h1]Thanks "RCJBBP1313" [/h1][h1]  [/h1]
I will also get the duller in addition to the angelus white paint.

Is there a particular paint brush recommended to apply the paint and duller??

Back
Top Bottom