:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

need some help on the creases. already stuffed with paper.  thanks guys

Ironing can be dangerous on non-flat leather. For example, if you iron a Jordan 3 to get rid of creases, you can potentially decrease the creasing, but the ironing process will take away the tumbledness on the leather which effectively is like damaging the shoe, so you probably don't want that.

Last edited:

Ironing can be dangerous on non-flat leather. For example, if you iron a Jordan 3 to get rid of creases, you can potentially decrease the creasing, but the ironing process will take away the tumbledness on the leather which effectively is like damaging the shoe, so you probably don't want that.

how about  the nubuck part?

Last edited:
has anyone had the problem with the inner liner separating from the liner foam at the heel in the Jordan 11 retro? it was probably my ***** hand that should not have picked on it, but i did and the liner at the heel cup pretty much lifted off the foam. only on the left shoe. the right shoe is fine.  wondering if this was a manufacturer defect for the liner.

Last edited:

has anyone had the problem with the inner liner separating from the liner foam at the heel in the Jordan 11 retro? it was probably my ***** hand that should not have picked on it, but i did and the liner at the heel cup pretty much lifted off the foam. only on the left shoe. the right shoe is fine.  wondering if this was a manufacturer defect for the liner.
I think I know what you're talking about, but I would recommend posting some pics for people to get a better visual to give better advice. Haven't really ever seen an issue with that, but I would think the only solution is to sew it back up.

Last edited:

what type of adhesive? 
Umm just some type of super glue,e6000,etc., but honestly, I'm not to sure how to fix it. Might be one of those things you just leave alone.
Anyone have experience in using RIT whitener and brightener?
Yes, it works. One of my favorite products aside from Salon Care. Bottle form is for mesh only, powder form is for leather only, at least in my opinion. Some people might say otherwise, but when I used the bottle form on leather, it turned it yellow. Just my experience, you can take it for what it is.

Last edited:
yes use liquid RIT on the mesh only. I actually used a little on the white soles too to break down some dirt.

Last edited:

My space jam sides are almost crystal clear which is what everyone will see anyway. Took about 16 hrs of sea glow and 12 hrs of a sea glow and salon care 40 mixture. I did have to re-glue a few spots because that mixture is probably too strong for this TX heat.

I've actually decided to leave it this shade so that they can still look like a legit 09 release.

Them Sole Sauce boys can't see me :smokin

Last edited:
What is the best way to clean the Jordan laces with the silver/gold tip? Don't care about cleaning the tip (pause) but I don't want to ruin the tips by putting them in the washer (Happened to my buddy. Gold tip got caught and laces got torn up) or by getting the wrong chemicals on the gold/silver tip. Help me out! Thanks in advance.

Umm just some type of super glue,e6000,etc., but honestly, I'm not to sure how to fix it. Might be one of those things you just leave alone.

Yes, it works. One of my favorite products aside from Salon Care. Bottle form is for mesh only, powder form is for leather only, at least in my opinion. Some people might say otherwise, but when I used the bottle form on leather, it turned it yellow. Just my experience, you can take it for what it is.

So I should use the liquid to make this white again?

Yes it should work. There's youtube videos and 100s of post all over this thread. When need to sticky one thread for liquid RIT Whitener and places to buy it from. It's the #1 most asked question in this thread

Cool. Thanks. Can I use it on white sock liner too?

Last edited:
I think I know what you're talking about, but I would recommend posting some pics for people to get a better visual to give better advice. Haven't really ever seen an issue with that, but I would think the only solution is to sew it back up.

Here is a pic. You can see how I can pull the elastic liner up away from the foam. The adhesive used for attaching the liner to the foam/heel cup is gone. The right shoe is completely fine.

Last edited:
My space jam sides are almost crystal clear which is what everyone will see anyway. Took about 16 hrs of sea glow and 12 hrs of a sea glow and salon care 40 mixture. I did have to re-glue a few spots because that mixture is probably too strong for this TX heat.

I've actually decided to leave it this shade so that they can still look like a legit 09 release.

Them Sole Sauce boys can't see me
smokin.gif
I completely crystallized mines, they look amazing. Could seriously pass the shoe as DS and fresh out the box 2009 lol.

Before:

After day 1:

After day 3:

All Salon Care + Oxy clean. 4-5 sessions.

Last edited:
How about this? I'm not sure if it's leather or rubber. But it turned yellow. Same thing that has happened to 3s.
Just feel it, but I think it probably is rubber. Don't own a pair of 14's, but yellowing like that looks like rubber and backtab's are commonly rubber.

After making it, just apply it the yellowed part and leave it out to sit with the sun shining on it for about 45minutes to 1 hour. DO NOT let it sit out for more than one hour. Doing this a lot can cause the back tab to potentially crack, but if it's just once or twice, I wouldn't worry. Prolong exposure to UV light/sunlight can cause it to crack. This will work with the Jordan 3 backtab as well.

Just make sure you don't over do it over and over again.

I did this with the rubber toecaps of my hare 7's when it was yellowing. Just have it on a similar set up like this as the Hare's, but with the backtab facing the sun.

Last edited:
Here is a pic. You can see how I can pull the elastic liner up away from the foam. The adhesive used for attaching the liner to the foam/heel cup is gone. The right shoe is completely fine.
Ahh, I see. It might be a manufacturer flaw because they used crappy adhesive or less adhesive, could be just heat melting the adhesive, idk, but I'm not to sure if there is a way to fix that. Seems difficult unless you want to cut it open and glue it back, but I definitely wouldn't recommend that.

Back
Top Bottom