:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What tips do you guys have with vintage kicks? Copped a pair of OG hare 7s yesterday, but the guy tried to glue them before we met up. With super glue :smh: . No biggie, but what do you guys recommend for the suede areas? I normally use lincoln e z cleaner but these are about 23 years old. There not in bad condition buti would like to get them to that silver color again. Any tips? And any thing I can use to moisturize the suede and leather? To preserve it and prevent leather and suede chipping?

What tips do you guys have with vintage kicks? Copped a pair of OG hare 7s yesterday, but the guy tried to glue them before we met up. With super glue
mean.gif
. No biggie, but what do you guys recommend for the suede areas? I normally use lincoln e z cleaner but these are about 23 years old. There not in bad condition buti would like to get them to that silver color again. Any tips? And any thing I can use to moisturize the suede and leather? To preserve it and prevent leather and suede chipping?
I wouldn't worry, would still use Lincoln EZ cleaner to just get the dirt off. Use Salon care on the toe caps/other rubbers&plastics to whiten/clear them from oxidation.

A lot of people use baby oil to bring the suede,etc. back to life, pretty good tutorial posted earlier by itsACE:

Whiten the laces:

I wouldn't worry, would still use Lincoln EZ cleaner to just get the dirt off. Use Salon care on the toe caps/other rubbers&plastics to whiten/clear them from oxidation.

A lot of people use baby oil to bring the suede,etc. back to life, pretty good tutorial posted earlier by itsACE:

Whiten the laces:
Appreciate the help and quick reply but I'm not sure about the baby oil on these. Ive done it on red and black suede but I think it would do more harm than good on these

What tips do you guys have with vintage kicks? Copped a pair of OG hare 7s yesterday, but the guy tried to glue them before we met up. With super glue :smh: . No biggie, but what do you guys recommend for the suede areas? I normally use lincoln e z cleaner but these are about 23 years old. There not in bad condition buti would like to get them to that silver color again. Any tips? And any thing I can use to moisturize the suede and leather? To preserve it and prevent leather and suede chipping?
Baby oil for the suede/nubuck to get the darker color look...3 coats and put it in a ziplock bag so the baby oil don't dry easily for 24 hours and it will last.. I did it to my flints and it works..( well maybe the ziplock is optional but worth a try)

Baby oil for the suede/nubuck to get the darker color look...3 coats and put it in a ziplock bag so the baby oil don't dry easily for 24 hours and it will last.. I did it to my flints and it works..( well maybe the ziplock is optional but worth a try)
Yeah, it would darken em, don't want my hares looking like bordeauxs lol.

It will only darken the original color.. And beside baby oil is clear it will just give it a moist look. Bordeaux is also a nice cw too so its a win win. Lol

I've been looking at videos on how to restore the ICY netting on the "5s fire red black tongue" and the results are pretty disappointing.

I really want the 5s fire red and I have someone giving me a great price on them right now but man, if they're gonna end up yellowing; what's the point?

Anyone know the best way to keep the netting from yellowing?

I've been looking at videos on how to restore the ICY netting on the "5s fire red black tongue" and the results are pretty disappointing.

I really want the 5s fire red and I have someone giving me a great price on them right now but man, if they're gonna end up yellowing; what's the point?

Try retro brite/or seaglow or salon care 40... Do it with multiple sessions..

There is no way to stop netting from yellowing, but it is possibly to restore it. My favoriate way is to use Salon Care 40 Volume. You can purchase it at sallys beuty salon. Look further back into this thread for information on how to use it.

Try retro brite/or seaglow or salon care 40... Do it with multiple sessions..

That's what the youtube videos show. Multiple sessions and the end results still have that yellow pee stain.
I guess I have to stay away from icy netting. Main reason why I copped the 3lab5 infrared but the fire red have my attention too...

Salon care works, it just takes time. I have gotten very good results, but sometimes it takes up to 3 weeks to get them back to ice

Yea the Vs netting is a pain..ive been at my 99 fire reds for weeks for very minimal results...soles iced up fairly quickly but that netting is alot of work. Like Ricky said some may ice right up some take longer for the results you want

This is my first time having using salon care 40. Top is before bottom is how they are today. Right next to the jordan symbol I've noticed a white area forming does anyone know why that is ?

Last edited:

This is my first time having using salon care 40. Top is before bottom is how they are today. Right next to the jordan symbol I've noticed a white area forming does anyone know why that is ?
Those look good so far. Ive noticed that when you leave them in the sun too long they start to turn white, kinda like they were bleached

I'm trying to get the mesh like tongue on these AIR JORDAN XVI back bright white again. They have say for some years and was wondering a safe way to get the to DS white again. If u have any suggestions or pics of what you have did please let me know.

Last edited:
Yeah it's weird it almost looks like there is just some sort of buildup you can see it on the jumpman a little too Idk
I could be wrong but I think separation caused that. Happened to my space jams. I think little retrobrite seeped under there. Was thinking about removing the sole completely to try and get it from under there

You
I could be wrong but I think separation caused that. Happened to my space jams. I think little retrobrite seeped under there. Was thinking about removing the sole completely to try and get it from under there

I think you might be right, that specific shoe is separating but its weird because the carbon fiber separated not just the sole itself

If you are able to remove it keep me posted id love to know if that really is the case

Last edited:
About to clean my kids snakeskins up. Anybody experience any of the yellowing around pods on the adult sz lows? Just curious as to know if it's still an on going issue

Just won these OG 1985 AJ 1's on eBay for $140. I am going to do a full restore and I have questions dealing with the leather. I want to recondition and protect it to make it as it was in '85. I have read Angelus Lustre Cream is the way to go. Is there any other method to restore the leather from that 'dry, cracked' like state?

Back
Top Bottom