:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Anybody have any suggestions on some real comfy insoles that i can use?

I habe been using my reebok answer 1 retro insoles with shockpad and they are perfect but i need more insoles for other shoes.

Not really looking for arch support. I dont want them to be too thick nor too thin. My zoom insoles are too thick and the lunar ones are as well

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Anybody have any suggestions on some real comfy insoles that i can use?

I habe been using my reebok answer 1 retro insoles with shockpad and they are perfect but i need more insoles for other shoes.

Not really looking for arch support. I dont want them to be too thick nor too thin. My zoom insoles are too thick and the lunar ones are as well

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
i use the Dr. Scholles inserts on all of my shoes (the ones you stand on the machine and it tells u which ones to pick) and it makes them super cozy, even my 1s are cozy now lol

i have a pair of bred 11 og, and there's midsole and outsole separation, does anyone know where i can get this fixed? i tried to do it myself but it was just too hard. 

i have a pair of bred 11 og, and there's midsole and outsole separation, does anyone know where i can get this fixed? i tried to do it myself but it was just too hard. 
Did you try watching any videos that would help you ?

If yes, then maybe try a local shoe repairer

I just got my Jordan 1 Bred 2013 and wondering is there anything I should do them before I start to rock them? Also how do you take care of them?

Did you try watching any videos that would help you ?

If yes, then maybe try a local shoe repairer
yeah i already took them to a repair shop and they just didnt care much about the shoe, i watched the videos and did a much better job than them. for those who wanna do reglue and stuff just do it yourself. those shops are NOT reliable.

tried to repaint it. Have been used aceton to remove the color and painted it with angelus black paint. in the pic it is the 3th layer and for somereson it doesnt look like the factory ones. Does Artchilty (spelled wrong but something similar) polish helps that?
1382978867-80890700.jpg

Sorry for my english btw

Last edited:
JOrdan XVI question.. I bought a pair of White and red lows.. and the white tongue area material has a small spot on there.. Whats the best way to specifically clean these?

JOrdan XVI question.. I bought a pair of White and red lows.. and the white tongue area material has a small spot on there.. Whats the best way to specifically clean these?
Post some detailed pictures, easier for everyone to know exactly what you need help with.
tried to repaint it. Have been used aceton to remove the color and painted it with angelus black paint. in the pic it is the 3th layer and for somereson it doesnt look like the factory ones. Does Artchilty (spelled wrong but something similar) polish helps that?
1382978867-80890700.jpg

Sorry for my english btw
Repainting is not easy, especially if you've never done it before, it takes a bit of practice. How you strip the paint is the most important part in the entire process. Was most of the old paint stripped off and was the surface of the midsole smooth? That is the most important part and dictates how your repaint will look at the end. It's really hard from pictures to really see how well the repaint really is, so idk exactly what is wrong (maybe you need more layers,maybe you didn't strip previous paint well,etc.). Also, make sure you used Angelus black paint and not flat,matte,etc.

Acrylic Finisher will give the midsole some gloss so the midsole becomes shiny/glossed like the factory ones, but I don't know if that is necessarily the solution to your problem. I use acrylic finisher on all my repaints though.

If you need some tutorials or want some tips, try watching these tutorials:

I just got my Jordan 1 Bred 2013 and wondering is there anything I should do them before I start to rock them? Also how do you take care of them?
Just put them on your feet and wear them. When it gets dirty or another issue comes up, come back and someone can help. To take care of them, just wear them casually. I hate worrying about my shoes when I wear them because that's when I find myself messing them up the most, so I just wear them as is and when something comes up, I'll just take care of it.
Anyway to fix squeaking on the forefoot area on the XXIs besides using baby powder?
This works, but this can make your insole very slippery. I would recommend you to just try this, but don't do this right before you're going to wear it, see how well it works for you.

Remove the insole and put a little bit of lotion under it, put the insole back into the shoe and wear it. Walk around, if it continues to squeak, you can add more lotion. But be careful because to much lotion will make your insole slip around inside the shoe while you are wearing it (you don't want this to happen). So just start off with a little lotion, wear it and see if it squeaks and slips, then add more if need be. Again, be cautious, of the slipping vs lotion amount vs squeaking.  Worked for me and my XI's, but squeaking comes back when lotion dries up/evaporates/is gone.

Separation is a very easy fix. Once you get the hang of it, it's like riding a bike.

Tutorials:

Originally Posted by jiggybby  

How can I unyellow gamma 11s? And how do I unyellow PISS YELLOW soles on varsity 6s?

I always recommend using a box + tinfoil, you'll get an uneven colored sole if you do it to much without the box. I know first hand lol. One part of one of my shoes is brown, the other part is light yellow, it looks stupid. So, yeah definitely recommend the box.

This method will work for any oxidized/yellow translucent sole.

Originally Posted by Justbecool  

I scored some Black Cement 3s off a friend of mine for 20$ and they're about maybe 6, 6.5/10 and I want them to look better. I understand i can't be helped without pics but i don't know how to post them

Only some of the pics you posted actually appeared, so it's hard to tell you what exactly you should do. Also, it would be a lot easier if you just ask or tell us what you exactly wanted to do with the shoe. Is it dirty? Is the paint cracking? Are there creases? etc. Just tell us what you need help with and someone here can tell you how to fix it.

But generally, everytime you buy a shoe off someone, I would start with some general cleaning. There are many products out to clean shoes like Jason Markk, Refreshed, Angelus Direct Easy Cleaner, Lincoln EZ Cleaner. They're all good and recommended. If you don't want to go out of your way to buy some cleaner, what you can do is just get some warm water + dish soap or laundry detergent and a tooth brush and just brush the shoe like how you would brush your teeth. Just scrub the shoe down an it'll get the immediate dirt,etc. off.

Last edited:
Post some detailed pictures, easier for everyone to know exactly what you need help with.

Repainting is not easy, especially if you've never done it before, it takes a bit of practice. How you strip the paint is the most important part in the entire process. Was most of the old paint stripped off and was the surface of the midsole smooth? That is the most important part and dictates how your repaint will look at the end. It's really hard from pictures to really see how well the repaint really is, so idk exactly what is wrong (maybe you need more layers,maybe you didn't strip previous paint well,etc.). Also, make sure you used Angelus black paint and not flat,matte,etc.

Acrylic Finisher will give the midsole some gloss so the midsole becomes shiny/glossed like the factory ones, but I don't know if that is necessarily the solution to your problem. I use acrylic finisher on all my repaints though.

If you need some tutorials or want some tips, try watching these tutorials:

How it looks right now..

What do you think I should do now ? like add and more layer or maybe more or start with the white color now?

Last edited:
How it looks right now..

What do you think I should do now ? like add and more layer or maybe more or start with the white color now?
When I asked for pics, it was directed towards quote/dude above, but it's alright lol. Again, juding them in person would be way better than juding them through a picture because pictures often don't tell a clear story, but a few things I notice is that the paint looks a little matte and that could just be cause you need another layer or two, so you might want to try that. Also I noticed that you have some paint strokes, as you can see on the third pic and the first pic, there's some clear lines in the paint from your strokes. I don't know how well you can brush them off if you added another layer, but it's something to keep in mind when you repaint another shoe. Always gotta make sure those brush strokes are gone.

I guess what I would recommend you do now is to just add another layer and to try and even out the brush strokes. Watch the tutorials I posted as he gives some good tips on how to do that and more. Also just want to make sure you're using black Angelus paint and not matte black or flat black. Angelus Acrylic Finisher would give it that shiny/gloss look you might be looking for.

Again, repainting is not easy, takes quite a bit of practice and learning.

Last edited:

When I asked for pics, it was directed towards quote/dude above, but it's alright lol. Again, juding them in person would be way better than juding them through a picture because pictures often don't tell a clear story, but a few things I notice is that the paint looks a little matte and that could just be cause you need another layer or two, so you might want to try that. Also I noticed that you have some paint strokes, as you can see on the third pic and the first pic, there's some clear lines in the paint from your strokes. I don't know how well you can brush them off if you added another layer, but it's something to keep in mind when you repaint another shoe. Always gotta make sure those brush strokes are gone.

I guess what I would recommend you do now is to just add another layer and to try and even out the brush strokes. Watch the tutorials I posted as he gives some good tips on how to do that and more. Also just want to make sure you're using black Angelus paint and not matte black or flat black. Angelus Acrylic Finisher would give it that shiny/gloss look you might be looking for.
Oh my bad, alright, I have Angelus Black Acrylic leather paint. So i dont know. But i will try with few more layers, And yah i noticed that, what I think im doing wrong is that im keeping way to much color when its dryin' maybe it could be that? But i will try now use little amount and use the brush more, maybe that should work or what you think?

Oh my bad, alright, I have Angelus Black Acrylic leather paint. So i dont know. But i will try with few more layers, And yah i noticed that, what I think im doing wrong is that im keeping way to much color when its dryin' maybe it could be that? But i will try now use little amount and use the brush more, maybe that should work or what you think?
You have the correct paint. The thing is you have to even out the paint as it's drying with your brush. For instance, if you were just doing the left side of the shoe (not the back or the right yet), apply the paint on the left side as you normally would and as it begins to dry, (don't redip the brush into the paint) but just use your brush and go over the paint smoothly to eliminate the brush strokes. Your first application of each layer will have brush strokes (it's unavoidable), especially if you use a lot of paint, so just even it out and eliminate the brush strokes by gently brushing over the brush strokes when it begins to start drying. It's a little hard to explain, it might be easier if you watch the tutorial vids, but showing this in person would be the best way to teach.

Last edited:

You have the correct paint. The thing is you have to even out the paint as it's drying with your brush. For instance, if you were just doing the left side of the shoe (not the back or the right yet), apply the paint on the left side as you normally would and as it begins to dry, (don't redip the into the paint) but just use your brush and go over the paint smoothly to eliminate the brush strokes. Your first application of the paint will have brush strokes, especially if you use a lot of paint, so just even it out and eliminate the brush strokes by gently brushing over it when it begsin to start drying.
Alright will try that now, or is it too late? Should i start over maybe?

Alright will try that now, or is it too late? Should i start over maybe?
I would definitely try another layer or two since you already did all that work. And again, it's really hard to judge exactly what you want to fix to make it look factory made. You might just want to just try glossing it with Acrylic Finisher after adding another layer or two and if that's fine, just be content with it. Often times it looks fine on feet, but may not be perfect when up close.

Back
Top Bottom