:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

So I need Help restoring these 3s...

How can I fix the elephant pint?
When you apply acetone how much do you apply?
Do you wait till the acetone is dry to paint with angelus paint?
How many coats of angelus and acetone should I apply?
Do I need to add waterproofer to the midsole after repainted?
What do I use to paint the Nike Air?
How much duller should I add to angelus paint?

358169227.jpg

358169224.jpg

358169221.jpg

358169218.jpg

358169215.jpg

358169211.jpg

358167586.jpg

THANKS A TON.

Originally Posted by GIveMEshoes

Does Mr Clean Magic Eraser work on midsoles with jeans stains from bleeding?

Im quite sure, but i think i would try sneaker cleaner first. Someone correct me if i am wrong.

for sure, use the sneaker cleaner first if the stain isn't too set in. if it's stubborn and not coming out, then use the magic eraser. can't getenough of recommending this product.

hi, i've just traded for a pair of spacejam XIs, should be in by the end of the week. the soles are really really yellow,so i'm gonna try seaglow forthe first time in my life. i've read y'all saying to use seaglow then leave to shoes in the sun, my problem being i live in a apt so the best i coulddo is leave them in the window. those that mean i won't get the full effect of the seaglow?, if so how do i counter that do i treat the shoes a a couple oftimes with the seaglow? that's in advance for any advice.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

for sure, use the sneaker cleaner first if the stain isn't too set in. if it's stubborn and not coming out, then use the magic eraser. can't get enough of recommending this product.

Cool thanks..but what exactly is sneaker cleaner? Is that just a generic name?

I used sea glow 3 times on some OG pearl foam pros it may have worked a little but for all I know they could have looked like that before the fist application.

1. how many times do I use sea glow before I a see definite improvement?

2. would a UV light work in stead of sun light? cuz I'm very disappointed up to this point.

sneaker cleaner- anything they sell in foot locker, finishline, footaction, etc. just get the one with the brush applicator cuz' it's a lot easier touse for cleaning.
sea glow- since you live in an apt, you can definately leave in the window sill area. just make sure direct sunlight is readily available for the applicationof sea glow. as far as seeing an improvement with the soles, it really depends on how bad the dingy or yellowness is in the clear sole areas. probably gonnatake a couple of apps for seeing some improvement. i think you could use the uv light, but sun light is the best source for making the sea glow work. wheneveri use seaglow to clean my shoes, i leave them outside for a couple of hours. hope this helps you out.

Originally Posted by enigma586

hi, i've just traded for a pair of spacejam XIs, should be in by the end of the week. the soles are really really yellow,so i'm gonna try seaglow for the first time in my life. i've read y'all saying to use seaglow then leave to shoes in the sun, my problem being i live in a apt so the best i could do is leave them in the window. those that mean i won't get the full effect of the seaglow?, if so how do i counter that do i treat the shoes a a couple of times with the seaglow? that's in advance for any advice.
If i were you i would take out an hour or so on a sunny day (check the weather forecast to help you pick which day)... apply the seaglow and putthem by the window in your apt whenever the sun shines through your window the strongest/brightest for an hour or 2. It sounds like you need to do at least 2applications of sole glow since they are so yellow, but from what i hear sunlight make a difference.....and you take before and after pics?

Originally Posted by Error on page

I used sea glow 3 times on some OG pearl foam pros it may have worked a little but for all I know they could have looked like that before the fist application.

1. how many times do I use sea glow before I a see definite improvement?

2. would a UV light work in stead of sun light? cuz I'm very disappointed up to this point.
Dont the OG pearls already pre-yellowed?? Did you put them in direct sunlight after you applied it?

^are they I cant even remeber back to when I bought them. I thought they might be clear cuz the middle of the sole has a thin layer that looks kinda clear andthe thicker part (heel and toe) has a yellowish color.

ps. you are right the thinner part is kinda yellow it just looks clear until I turn it side ways but I still they were a little lighter than they are now....now I wonder what clear bottom pearls would look like?

UV lights work great but there is a technique and if you dont do that technique you will get no results. I did em on my cool grey XI's

pimp.gif

Error on page wrote:
^are they I cant even remeber back to when I bought them. I thought they might be clear cuz the middle of the sole has a thin layer that looks kinda clear and the thicker part (heel and toe) has a yellowish color.

ps. you are right the thinner part is kinda yellow it just looks clear until I turn it side ways but I still they were a little lighter than they are now.... now I wonder what clear bottom pearls would look like?
Here you go..... (not my pic by the way)...... and look at 4:27 on the video.

c0935706ee747e88a0254b8a0596b66ec27a532.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg

Originally Posted by SKRIBZZRC

UV lights work great but there is a technique and if you dont do that technique you will get no results. I did em on my cool grey XI's

pimp.gif

uh.... and what would be the that technique???.... how yellow were they before you used sea glow? They look GREAT btw, better than what they look like on RD.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Error on page wrote:
^are they I cant even remeber back to when I bought them. I thought they might be clear cuz the middle of the sole has a thin layer that looks kinda clear and the thicker part (heel and toe) has a yellowish color.

ps. you are right the thinner part is kinda yellow it just looks clear until I turn it side ways but I still they were a little lighter than they are now.... now I wonder what clear bottom pearls would look like?
Here you go..... (not my pic by the way)...... and look at 4:27 on the video.

c0935706ee747e88a0254b8a0596b66ec27a532.jpg

moz-screenshot.jpg

Now I know, good lookn out.

pimp.gif
eek.gif
... checks pants for stains. you should'nt of evenposted those soles chiseled from ice if you wasn't gonna give us the technique, help us out.

Originally Posted by Error on page

pimp.gif
eek.gif
... checks pants for stains. you should'nt of even posted those soles chiseled from ice if you wasn't gonna give us the technique, help us out.
laugh.gif
.... he right though. They look icier than DS dmp's.

How do I clean a cream stain (nh) off of the suede part of my Hare VII's? Do I need to buy suede cleaner?

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by enigma586

hi, i've just traded for a pair of spacejam XIs, should be in by the end of the week. the soles are really really yellow,so i'm gonna try seaglow for the first time in my life. i've read y'all saying to use seaglow then leave to shoes in the sun, my problem being i live in a apt so the best i could do is leave them in the window. those that mean i won't get the full effect of the seaglow?, if so how do i counter that do i treat the shoes a a couple of times with the seaglow? that's in advance for any advice.
If i were you i would take out an hour or so on a sunny day (check the weather forecast to help you pick which day)... apply the seaglow and put them by the window in your apt whenever the sun shines through your window the strongest/brightest for an hour or 2. It sounds like you need to do at least 2 applications of sole glow since they are so yellow, but from what i hear sunlight make a difference.....and you take before and after pics?
yeah soon no problem as i get them i'll take sum pics and thanks for the advice. i was thinking about taking them with me to the park orsomething and just chiiling there for a while

Back
Top Bottom