:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Just used Jason Markk Repel for the second time on my Air Jordan 6 Black/Infrared and it has these little white stains on it, probably from the foam. Anyone know how to get rid of them? Or do they dissolve over time? Not sure if this is the right place to ask this.

if not that, soak them in bleach for 30min, then just wash normally 

Thats the worst thing you could do. It will turn it yellow. Dont use bleach on shoes.

Take the laces out and put them in a cup full of cold water and laundry detergent. Then stir with a tooth brush to act as an agitator. Then let them soak. Repeat. Then rinse with water.

After that pull them through a towel and spot clean any remaining spots with toothbrush.

Thats the worst thing you could do. It will turn it yellow. Dont use bleach on shoes.

Take the laces out and put them in a cup full of cold water and laundry detergent. Then stir with a tooth brush to act as an agitator. Then let them soak. Repeat. Then rinse with water.

After that pull them through a towel and spot clean any remaining spots with toothbrush.
i mean....that's my method and it always works, no yellowing. i only use a cap of bleach, not alot and i use detergent too. 

Hi Guys,

New to NT here and would love if someone can help me out!

Bred 1 DS

I just got these in the mail, and it seems like these scuffs/scratch/marks/wrinkles (i have no idea what to call them) are factory flaws. 

I was wondering is there anything i can do to get rid of them? My OCD is kicking in hard, and these were shipped from the states. So shipping them back and getting another pair would mean i would need to pay extra in customs and duties again (which were pretty darn high!) and i'm currently not prepared in doing that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

9b83619f_ljx.jpeg

Hi Guys,

New to NT here and would love if someone can help me out!

Bred 1 DS

I just got these in the mail, and it seems like these scuffs/scratch/marks/wrinkles (i have no idea what to call them) are factory flaws. 

I was wondering is there anything i can do to get rid of them? My OCD is kicking in hard, and these were shipped from the states. So shipping them back and getting another pair would mean i would need to pay extra in customs and duties again (which were pretty darn high!) and i'm currently not prepared in doing that.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

9b83619f_ljx.jpeg
Apply similar concept:

I use bleach on white shoe laces all the time and would definitely recommend it. It'll only turn yellow if you don't wash the bleach out after a extremely prolonged period or if you don't know what you're doing.
What's best way to clean laces, white? Throw in wash machine or soak in something?

Just used Jason Markk Repel for the second time on my Air Jordan 6 Black/Infrared and it has these little white stains on it, probably from the foam. Anyone know how to get rid of them? Or do they dissolve over time? Not sure if this is the right place to ask this.
Would recommend to post some pictures. Trying brushing it off or cleaning it off with a some type of brush + detergent/ dish soap + water. If it does persist, then you might want to re-dye it with black dye.

bump really need your help guys :D 
Recommended paint/finisher removal is acetone. Just use a bit of acetone to remove the factory finish, and I think that's all you need to do, you don't need to remove every bit of paint. I've never done it for uppers on a shoe, but this is the most important step as far as how you want you're finishing product to look. Because if you remove too much paint from one part of the shoe, and not enough from the other, after you're done repainting, the new paint on the shoe is going to look uneven. So I think just removing the factory finish is fine. The video also shows that they just repainted over the old paint, so I don't think its necessary to remove actual paint.

Recommended glue's are e6000, barge cement...but adhesive is adhesive, if it sticks it sticks.
I have a little divot/dent in my Jordan 11s after trying to remove an air pocket on the midsole. The hole isn't too deep but I have no clue how I can salvage this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Not much to do as far as fixing it goes. You might want to try apply a little bit of white paint over it to fill it in with a q-tip and then try to blend it in by swirling the paint, but the white paint is probably whiter than the midsole, so it might look weird. But aside from that, nothing really to do aside from a midsole swap which wouldn't be worth it.

Similar concept to this but with a very small amount of paint:

Hey how do I fix a bad repaint job on the midsole by the previous owner? It's on black cement 3s and there's paint on the outside and even a little on the leather. Will it come off if I just scrape it?
Only way to fix a bad repaint on a midsole is to repaint the midsole again.

How to repaint a Jordan 3 midsole:

If you can scrape it off or wipe it off with soap,etc. without damaging the material then do that first, but if that doesn't work then you can try this:

If paint or acetone gets on the leather and discolors it, then you can apply a similar concept to this by covering the old paint with new paint so it looks normal again:

thanks! but what about on the 5s though?
You'll see on the Jordan 5 sole that the translucent part of the sole has ridges for traction, when you do the process to clear the soles that part obviously can't get protected, so I would assume that those ridges just lose a lot of their traction from heat/ UV light exposure,etc. It's just an inevitable part of the process for some shoes. But for 11's the translucent part of the sole has ridges as well for traction, but they also have traction pods. So even though the traction of the translucent part of the sole is compromised, the traction pods can still help retain traction. 5's have that middle part between the translucent parts of the sole that help, but not too sure how much it affects traction.

Last edited:
Has anyone treated their Oreo 4s with a leather conditioner? I've been wearing mine pretty much everyday and I got around doing a quick clean and was thinking of applying a coat of protectant. I have in my hand Armor All Leather Care Gel. I tried it on another pair of black leather shoes and it gives it a light shine, not too shiny.

Has anyone treated their Oreo 4s with a leather conditioner? I've been wearing mine pretty much everyday and I got around doing a quick clean and was thinking of applying a coat of protectant. I have in my hand Armor All Leather Care Gel. I tried it on another pair of black leather shoes and it gives it a light shine, not too shiny.
I used the angelus leather conditioner and it give it a good shine...

[h1]How to Save the Stitching on the Jordan V Retros(Metallic Silver)?[/h1]
I've worn these 4 times and noticed the outside 23 stitching starting to fuzz up and such. Love the shoes, and I love wearing them, but is there anyway besides not wearing them to save it? Thanks Nike Fam!

I need desperate help!i got these used curry dunks,tried to disinfect them using rubbing alcohol on the inside of the shoe and the leather outside started to change color.will they fade away in time?what should i do?

Last edited:
I need desperate help!i got these used curry dunks,tried to disinfect them using rubbing alcohol on the inside of the shoe and the leather outside started to change color.will they fade away in time?what should i do?
leave them out to dry. if no change, prep for repaint.

Thanks..do i need to mix different colors to get the exact color or do they have this kind ready made?
that's hard for me to say over the internet. if im correct that looks like the color, Brick, from angelus. if that's not it i know that's the base and i know you know how to mix colors and make them lighter or darker?

Hey fam, I want to paint my Adidas grey/black SL Loops all black(They're basically Adidas Roshe's mesh/suede). Anyone have advice on how to do it? Not sure if I should get Angelus flat black paint or regular black. Also not gonna paint the midsole, just the upper.

Pic of the shoe for reference. 

Hey fam, I want to paint my Adidas grey/black SL Loops all black(They're basically Adidas Roshe's mesh/suede). Anyone have advice on how to do it? Not sure if I should get Angelus flat black paint or regular black. Also not gonna paint the midsole, just the upper.

Pic of the shoe for reference. 
for mesh: go to 1:20

for suede: use angelus suede dye 

This is so true bleach turns all things "shoe" yellow over time! That I know for sure from high school from cleaning my all white AF1's w/bleach. Lesson learned a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom