:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I have a couple of pair of Zoom Kobe 4s that I want to fix up.  They have minor sole separation at the forefoot portion as pictured:

I was wondering if someone can advise on the best type/brand of glue to use, and also direct me to a stepwise instruction guide on how to re-glue the outsole.

I've heard people talk about using acetone at first to remove old dried up glue, then glueing, whatever whatever, whatever... but I'd prefer having the steps laid out in front of me in order to ensure proper and efficient results.

Thanks in advance!

I have a couple of pair of Zoom Kobe 4s that I want to fix up.  They have minor sole separation at the forefoot portion as pictured:

I was wondering if someone can advise on the best type/brand of glue to use, and also direct me to a stepwise instruction guide on how to re-glue the outsole.

I've heard people talk about using acetone at first to remove old dried up glue, then glueing, whatever whatever, whatever... but I'd prefer having the steps laid out in front of me in order to ensure proper and efficient results.

Thanks in advance!
e6000 would be your best bet, can get it for about $4.80 at walmart. I'll update with some videos later since I'm at school and they block just about anything fun 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
need some help. just got these from sole supermacy, they're DS but theres a dark spot on the sole of the shoe that won't come off. what can i do to get rid of it. thanks in advance!

Nothing you can do there buddy. It's a stain in the rubber during the manufacturing process.
Sole supremacy is having me ship them back. They said they have a solution to get rid of it so we'll see. I'm pretty confident they'll be able to 

if he has a solution, he needs to sell it, he'd never have to sell a used shoe again.

if he has a solution, he needs to sell it, he'd never have to sell a used shoe again.
haha well ill let you know how it turns out. its better than not trying though since i know that spot will aggravate me

I spilled some chikfila polynesian sauce on my away 13's over the weekend, legit thought it was over 
mean.gif
 finally bought the ez cleaner from amazon and fixed them up, looks brand new 
smokin.gif

I spilled some chikfila polynesian sauce on my away 13's over the weekend, legit thought it was over :smh:  finally bought the ez cleaner from amazon and fixed them up, looks brand new :smokin

could you link me to the product? which one is it?

I need help.

Just got one of my grails, Cherrywood XVI but I just put them on and they started sort of falling apart. Wondering if anyone can offer advice or offer to restore them. The sole is sort of coming off and ****. Doesn't seem like a super tough job but need help.

I love these shoes.

I need help.

Just got one of my grails, Cherrywood XVI but I just put them on and they started sort of falling apart. Wondering if anyone can offer advice or offer to restore them. The sole is sort of coming off and ****. Doesn't seem like a super tough job but need help.

I love these shoes.
you are fresh out of luck. those were still polyurethen midsoles which will crumble and once they start to crumble you can't stop it. well, phylon on top of poly cage for the air unit. your best bet is to find a trashed CDP and used the midsole. 

Hello,

I have two pair of shoes which I would like to ask for advice on how to clean them. I have read the guide on page one, tried cleaning the shoe with several different kinds of cleaner/detergents, but doesn't seem to be effective.

Any and all advice is much appreciated.

Shoes number 1 - AJ3 Sport Blue. Got some laces stains on the tongue which i couldn't remove. Please see below pictures. The color of the stains is darker than what you can see in the picture. I'm not sure what kind material the tongue is made from.

Shoes number 2 - AJ11 low. These are old shoes, recently replaced the yellowed bottom sole. The mid sole ,the upper part and back of the shoe is slightly yellow/gray. I tried rubbing with a brush, cloth but still couldn't get them to look clean.

I have a pair of OG black infrared 6s that were poorly sole swapped. What would be the best way to unglue the sole without damaging the shoe?

Hello everybody, I made an account on here specifically to post on this thread. I have a few questions, i have a few scratches creases and something around the midsole I can't explain on my 2013 retro 5's. I am buying angelus paint as soon as I get responses on this, I've never painted a shoe before and wanted to know if you guys could tell me exactly what to get. Also wanted to know if painting over creases would help, and if I should use duller or a Matte finisher. Here's the pics

Last edited:
Hello everybody, I made an account on here specifically to post on this thread. I have a few questions, i have a few scratches creases and something around the midsole I can't explain on my 2013 retro 5's. I am buying angelus paint as soon as I get responses on this, I've never painted a shoe before and wanted to know if you guys could tell me exactly what to get. Also wanted to know if painting over creases would help, and if I should use duller or a Matte finisher. Here's the pics
I have a pair of Fire Reds (the ones that have the 3M tongue) and I have the same problem. Good thing there's a tutorial on how to cover those up.

I have a pair of Fire Reds (the ones that have the 3M tongue) and I have the same problem. Good thing there's a tutorial on how to cover those up.
Would that also work for covering up the creases? They're horrible and ironing them doesn't sound like a good idea, lol. I just placed my order today on Angelus, ordered regular white and not flat white, hope I made the right choice.

Last edited:
Would that also work for covering up the creases? They're horrible and ironing them doesn't sound like a good idea, lol. I just placed my order today on Angelus, ordered regular white and not flat white, hope I made the right choice.
you're gonna go with ironing them since painting the creases over won't do anything. if you want, you can iron them out first then repaint it after. 

there's tons of tutorials on ironing out creases, google is your friend.

Back
Top Bottom