:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Yo how many times do I have to re paint Jordan 3 mid soles?

I literally put like 4-6 coats and after 1 time of wearing them an area of paint cracks all off.

I even use that finisher on them.

Do I have to put like 10 or more coats or something?

Did you acetone and sandpaper the surface prior to painting. You only need 3-4 coats max. But how you prep the surface prior to painting is what will define how well the paint stays on the surface.

Youll want to acetone the entire area ans remove all the paint. Sandpaper if necessary to smooth out the surface so you dont have bumps and etc.

I might have used nail polish remover, same thing right ?

I didn't use sandpaper.

Did you acetone and sandpaper the surface prior to painting. You only need 3-4 coats max. But how you prep the surface prior to painting is what will define how well the paint stays on the surface.

Youll want to acetone the entire area ans remove all the paint. Sandpaper if necessary to smooth out the surface so you dont have bumps and etc.

I might have used nail polish remover, same thing right ?

I didn't use sandpaper.
Not quite the same.. Nail polish remover I believe is Non Acetone. Honestly it should have done the trick. Safer to use thab Acetone actually.

Sanding isnt required unless you have rough spots after you remove the paint or are trying to paint over a scratch.. But I would personally sand any surface I would paint on. Look up a midsole paint guide on youtube for how tos. In case you need more help, that is how I learned it (in case you have trouble, I found a good one for you ). Theres alot of extra steps you can do to ensure the paint sticks better , however from the sound of things yout having issues either because a)not prepping the surface properly for the paint to stick on or b) not using the right type of paint.

What type of paint are you using... - Angelus? If so what type exactly and color? Dont use any paint that is "Flat" , i.e. Flat White or etc. I have heard Flat White is prone to chipping due to something in the paint making it brittle. I am thinking the issue has got to be the paint, it sounds like your prepping properly and you stated your even using finisher.

Ive read up some people who sware by adding finishers first then adding paint. Others who will seal the paint afterwards. Personally, if you have a pair of beaters, I would practice on those until you find a method that works.

Can you post pics . Is it chipping at one particular spot or is it randomized?

Last edited:
Yeah i used angelus paint and I my cm3s look the same the paint cracks at the same spots.

Not quite the same.. Nail polish remover I believe is Non Acetone. Honestly it should have done the trick. Safer to use thab Acetone actually.

Sanding isnt required unless you have rough spots after you remove the paint or are trying to paint over a scratch.. But I would personally sand any surface I would paint on. Look up a midsole paint guide on youtube for how tos. In case you need more help, that is how I learned it (in case you have trouble, I found a good one for you ). Theres alot of extra steps you can do to ensure the paint sticks better , however from the sound of things yout having issues either because a)not prepping the surface properly for the paint to stick on or b) not using the right type of paint.

What type of paint are you using... - Angelus? If so what type exactly and color? Dont use any paint that is "Flat" , i.e. Flat White or etc. I have heard Flat White is prone to chipping due to something in the paint making it brittle. I am thinking the issue has got to be the paint, it sounds like your prepping properly and you stated your even using finisher.

Ive read up some people who sware by adding finishers first then adding paint. Others who will seal the paint afterwards. Personally, if you have a pair of beaters, I would practice on those until you find a method that works.

Can you post pics . Is it chipping at one particular spot or is it randomized?

Attachments

• 20181228_002126.jpg
    20181228_002126.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 16
  • 20181228_002112.jpg
    20181228_002112.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20181228_002045.jpg
    20181228_002045.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 12
  • 20181228_002037.jpg
    20181228_002037.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 12
Yeah i used angelus paint and I my cm3s look the same the paint cracks at the same spots.

What type of paint and specific color.. What are you using as a sealant. Its a common problem for paint to crack while your learning. I would use a pair of beaters , hit youtube to do research, and try different methods to see what works best.

What's a good disinfectant to use to clean inside sneakers? Bought some bred 1's but they were used so wanted to clean them before wearing.

For those I used angelus paint. And the colors were dtrt yellow and I used white, I don't think it was flat.

The black cm 3s I believe was just black and white angelus paint.

My sealant was craylon matte finisher something like that. It's a spray can.

I think I did a great job, but it cracked.

I'm telling u when I did my 3s i stripped the paint of both of them and painted it with at least 6 coats.

They looked brand new when I was done.

What type of paint and specific color.. What are you using as a sealant. Its a common problem for paint to crack while your learning. I would use a pair of beaters , hit youtube to do research, and try different methods to see what works best.

For those I used angelus paint. And the colors were dtrt yellow and I used white, I don't think it was flat.

The black cm 3s I believe was just black and white angelus paint.

My sealant was craylon matte finisher something like that. It's a spray can.

I think I did a great job, but it cracked.

I'm telling u when I did my 3s i stripped the paint of both of them and painted it with at least 6 coats.

They looked brand new when I was done.
your using the right materials. seems like your following the right steps and you have a decent handle on what your doing. just make sureits not flat white paint. you may want to experiment with your steps and when you apply the sealant (your using the right kind). Of course that area of the midsole is going to be prone to pressure cracks.

What's the purpose of flat paint?

your using the right materials. seems like your following the right steps and you have a decent handle on what your doing. just make sureits not flat white paint. you may want to experiment with your steps and when you apply the sealant (your using the right kind). Of course that area of the midsole is going to be prone to pressure cracks.

Any tips on keeping the soles of concord 11’s clean? I’m copping them on December 8th and just want to know what i can do to keep the soles from yellowing too much, and if so how to keep them somewhat Iceh
Keeping them from yellowing ? Stay away from water or moisture as much as possible. As far as keeping them clean, I buy and apply 3M to all my icy soles and that helps tremendously in keeping them clean.

I say stay away from moisture because that will start the oxidation process. I walked on wet grass with my win like 82's that were 3M'd and they started to slightly turn so keeping them from yellowing is tough. Keeping them clean is a different story. That's where the 3M comes in for me.

Just got some Jason Mark cleaner at a gift exchange. Anyone wanna share their experiences with it? I believe I heard somewhere where it caused some bleeding or whatnot. How does it compare to Reshoevn8r? Thanks in advance.
I used it on a pair of Jordan 3 sport blue's and it worked very well. Other than that I haven't used it on any other material like suade/nubuck etc.

Does anyone know a good pair of donor soles for Air Max 95s? I have an old pair of chilis lying around with a deflated bubble and sole separation. Also, what works best for cleaning Adidas EQTs? Can i just throw it the wash?

How do I clean the black leather on the Banned 1s? Dug mine out and they had huge glitter spots, so I wiped them with a cloth and water and it looked back to normal. Next day the black leather looks greasy in some spots and ashy in others. I wiped it again with a dry cloth and it looked good, but should I be using something else?

How do I clean the black leather on the Banned 1s? Dug mine out and they had huge glitter spots, so I wiped them with a cloth and water and it looked back to normal. Next day the black leather looks greasy in some spots and ashy in others. I wiped it again with a dry cloth and it looked good, but should I be using something else?

You can buy leather cleaner and conditioner (its the best to use on high quality shoes and safe since it is intended for use but can be very expensive depending on how often your cleaning). If your brave to try something new, I personally use and swear on EnDust (comes in a yellow bottle, lemon scented in the household cleaning sectionn at the supermarket) on my leather shoes - been doing it for years. It has oils that is safe on leather (and doesnt damage other materials in caze you accidently get it on them, also it repels dust/dirt which is another good thing) and keeps the leather hydrated for quite some time. I Just spray it on a microfiber towel the gently rub over shoes. Test it out in a beater pair if you dont believe me. My issue was that proper leather cleaners were too expensive, so I began trying household cleaners (i.e. what youd use on your leather couches and EnDust was the best by far. Dont ask me why...) Ive tried everything from amor-all, to leather purse cleaners aside from the mainline leather products and cleaners. I clean all my leather items with it including my briefcases, dress shoes, couches and etc. Its amazing . Protip: if it adds too much shine, just wipe with a clean towel until it dulls out a bit. Because they will make leather shine, incase you do not like the shiny look and/or want to dull it out a bit.

If your skeptical or dont have a pair of beaters to try it on, lmk and Ill post before and after pics since I gotta do a cleaning soon anyways.

Last edited:
Does anyone know a good pair of donor soles for Air Max 95s? I have an old pair of chilis lying around with a deflated bubble and sole separation. Also, what works best for cleaning Adidas EQTs? Can i just throw it the wash?

I hate to sound like a smartass, but why not another pair of AM95s (anything with a black and red sole, i.e. challenge red and a handful of others that have the same sole.. just type air max 95 black and red sole into google )They are readily found and can be obtained to for cheap. Unless your trying to create a hybrid our frankenstien out of your AM95s. I would avoid throwing shoes in the wash unless its a last ditch effort that is keeping you from throwing the shoes in the trashcan.

Last edited:
How do i clean a AJ1 white tongue, i've got a pair of ROY and when i was walking outside i noticed that there was some black mud/dirt stuff on it. i removed it as carefull as possible but there now is a dark stain on the white tongue. i did use the water/dirt repellant spray before using them. also the white panels on the side and toe are not as crispy white as in the beginning, is it okay to use leather cleaning wipes on them so they can stay fresh and white? Thanks in advance

How do i clean a AJ1 white tongue, i've got a pair of ROY and when i was walking outside i noticed that there was some black mud/dirt stuff on it. i removed it as carefull as possible but there now is a dark stain on the white tongue. i did use the water/dirt repellant spray before using them. also the white panels on the side and toe are not as crispy white as in the beginning, is it okay to use leather cleaning wipes on them so they can stay fresh and white? Thanks in advance
For the tongue I'd recommend a tide stick. They work really well at getting stains out of material like that. I actually had a small blood stain on my pure money 4's on the sock liner and it got it right out. Couldn't even tell anything had been there. As far as the leather parts I'd go with a leather cleaner of some kind or quality shoe cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom