:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

a couple posts up...
Is there a way to prevent squeaking in my other 11s? I have barely worn this shoe and it’s squeaking is driving me mad. You were saying that it could be caused by walking on your heels? Because my squeak is right in the heel of one shoe, the other has minimal to no squeaking.

You think it could have came from water damage?

After I kept cleaning my concords and they were wearable again, they didn’t squeak for months. I didn’t even clean them much and now they’re squeaking out of nowhere and these are only a year old shoe with only around 10 wears.

I still have my 09 Space Jams and wore them countless times since they came out and they haven’t squeaked once and I have cleaned them in water many times.

If you have any idea on how to prevent it from happening please let me know.

Is there a way to prevent squeaking in my other 11s? I have barely worn this shoe and it’s squeaking is driving me mad. You were saying that it could be caused by walking on your heels? Because my squeak is right in the heel of one shoe, the other has minimal to no squeaking.

After I kept cleaning my concords and they were wearable again, they didn’t squeak for months. I didn’t even clean them much and now they’re squeaking out of nowhere and these are only a year old shoe with only around 10 wears.

I still have my 09 Space Jams and wore them countless times since they came out and they haven’t squeaked once and I have cleaned them in water many times.

its really not preventable.. best thing yoi cam do is break in your shoes before storing them.

it happens due to a multitude of reasons. air units, support, midsole, foam, glue, construction, your weight, shoes age, etc. most of what I have seen on my own shoes is always at the heel.

it can be two shoes, same cw, same model, same year.. one squeeks the other dont. its something that happens to everyone when you got enough shoes.

if its the insole causing it, you can do baby powder, lotion or put a dryer sheet.. but thats all too much for me and never had it work on my end.

it can be two shoes, same cw, same model, same year.. one squeeks the other dont

Facts.

Almost every pair of 10s I own or have owned squeak. But my Shadows are something else... one squeaks and the other doesn't. Well, actually, they both did but the baby powder trick worked really well on one of them but not the other lol...It's to the point I refuse to buy or wear 10s unfortunately, and it's a shame because I really like them.

Facts.

Almost every pair of 10s I own or have owned squeak. But my Shadows are something else... one squeaks and the other doesn't. Well, actually, they both did but the baby powder trick worked really well on one of them but not the other lol...It's to the point I refuse to buy or wear 10s unfortunately, and it's a shame because I really like them.
same thing with the pre 2012 foamposites.. I sware 95% of pre 2012 foams come with it. i tried baby powder as well buts it causes a mess on black shoes.

Not sneaker care related per say but don't know where else to post.

New to jordans - for those of you who wear jordans with the laces very loose, do you all just walk around with no heel lockdown at all? Is this the norM?

Anyone cleaned a pair of Jordan 4 white levis?
I have a stain on them that arrived from stockx no idea what it is. I tried oxyclean and a soft bristle brush and it somewhat lightened it but also somewhat yellowed it.

Attachments

• 72C62716-048D-4FA2-8B6D-E829CFAA853B.jpeg
    72C62716-048D-4FA2-8B6D-E829CFAA853B.jpeg
    246.5 KB · Views: 223
  • 5444FFFD-D0EE-4B1B-A4F0-7F7E9D3071F1.jpeg
    5444FFFD-D0EE-4B1B-A4F0-7F7E9D3071F1.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 419

New to jordans - for those of you who wear jordans with the laces very loose, do you all just walk around with no heel lockdown at all? Is this the norM?
wrong thread man. you can post this in the regular model pages.

and fyi, its 2020.. lace up. it dont gotta be tight but loose laces are a nono.. maybe in 2012 but not 2020. tight enough to lock your heel down. 6s and 7s you can still wear loose though.

Last edited:
I have a stain on them that arrived from stockx no idea what it is. I tried oxyclean and a soft bristle brush and it somewhat lightened it but also somewhat yellowed it.
laundry detergent diluted with water.. id recommend using a clear laundry detergent like "all" or oxiclean.. not tide, or gain since they are colored.

Personally, I never tie sneakers unless I’m using them for some type of athletic activity. If the shoe is my regular size (11.5) I don’t have an issue with them slipping off. My laces aren’t sloppy loose, though. I tighten the laces somewhat, but I don’t tie.

how do you all dry your shoes when they come out of the washer. im trying to avoid sole separation
by not throwing them in the washer in the first place.

I want to cringe everytime I hear you all thinking throwing shoes in a washing machine is a good idea and a "easy or good way" to clean them.

Last edited:
How do you collectors store shoes that are deadstock? Do you have the original shoe tree inside or have you removed it? Im thinking if its bad to have them in cuz it could maybe mold or something?

how do you all dry your shoes when they come out of the washer. im trying to avoid sole separation
Your name goes perfectly with your post.

But it’ll be a few days until they dry.

Leave them outside if you live somewhere sunny.

I use watered down detergent which removes stains and also leaves it bright white, but not yellowed.

In direct sunlight, you can see parts of the shoe are different shades of white...I don’t mind it though

I would only wash shoes that are Flyknit or Primeknit type material. Wash on cold and air dry at room temperature. Don’t use any kind of heat anywhere along the process because it could cause the shoe to shrink.

Possibly wrong thread but any ideas of a possible fix or at least stop it from getting worse? I'm thinking I just gotta take it to the head any feedback is appreciated.
IMG_1837.JPG

Possibly wrong thread but any ideas of a possible fix or at least stop it from getting worse? I'm thinking I just gotta take it to the head any feedback is appreciated.
IMG_1837.JPG
you could try glueing. But when durabuck starts cracking or tearing, its time to beat them to the ground or sell them. That entire durabuck piece would need to be replaced. it happens because durabuck / sythentic suede dries out alot quicker than real suede. Which the end result is cracking or tearing. pains me to see this.

if its really worth it, you could hit up a shoe custom guy, and have him restore it for you. but not sure if its worth it for you or not.

I have a pair of Ovo 10s white. And I have a small scuff on the toe of one them that I want to cover up. Would anyone happen to know the right Angelus paint color for these sneakers?

pick up the phone and call angelus

I wanted to see if anyone here knew the answer before I went to that route. Perhaps someone here has had a similar experience with this sneaker or one with a similar color. Hence the reason why I asked.

I wanted to see if anyone here knew the answer before I went to that route. Perhaps someone here has had a similar experience with this sneaker or one with a similar color. Hence the reason why I asked.
trust me angelus has the answer and they know. scuffs are normal. Id try cleaning it first before painting it

Reactions: g14

This always happened with Air Max 95's with me back in the day. So annoying.

air max 1 toe box with white mesh. What’s the best way to get them looking a clean white again.

Attachments

• BD1AEB2B-EB7B-42BB-A5FF-90B37565A71A.jpeg
    BD1AEB2B-EB7B-42BB-A5FF-90B37565A71A.jpeg
    253 KB · Views: 1,357
Back
Top Bottom