:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hopefully someone else will chime in who actually owns a pair of durabuck shoes however considering it is a synthetic something you may wanna give a go is Trinovas Faux leather conditioner/cleaner.
Use it on some of the synthetic models on hand and works really well to keep them conditioned.
View attachment 2584345
Felt like adding onto the mesh post reply from the other day.
After breaking them out yesterday i felt as though i could get the white just a bit more crisp since running this technique out on a pair of 96 Grant Hills and having great results.
This is a post wash cycle technique...
After brushing off any dirt on the sole went ahead and soaked them in water along with a half cup vinegar over night.
Cold rinse and prepare the bluing agent in this case Mrs. Stewarts but honestly any dye along with vinegar or an acid based dye in water will do.
Youll want to actual see the solution so i use a gentleman's glass.
Add enough dye to the water making it almost deep blue while contained but goes on rather clear when applied with paint brush.
Dip and liberally brush directly on the mesh itself then apply in similar fashion some white vinegar. Optional but even though the patent is conditioned from before i wrapped a towel around the toe and set out under direct sunlight to air dry. The vinegar smell will be burnt away by the sun.
Feel free to repeat the process until the mesh is bluish similar to the photo. Something learned is that nylon has a very high resistance to dyeing and so getting it to that hue will really ensure very crisp results likened to the 96s below.

After a day in the sun is finished lightly hot followed by cold rinse the mesh, preference is with a toothbrush. Were not resaturating here just brushing away any dust excess dye and such with hot followed by locking the dye in with the cold water.
And your done. Bloat dry the insides and such and set out to air dry over night, bonus points for setting under uv lights, 60 up top 30 to the front is whats in garage corner as pictured.

If for whatever reason the mark has been missed and things are a bit too blue never fear as a short hot ammonia soak will help dial things back, just keep an eye because itll strip the dye completely if left in too long.

View attachment 2584404

View attachment 2584405
Basically whats going on here is drizzling* helps force additional dye into the fabric by way of sunlight/uv vinegar and dye if for instance post wash/soak/dry they came out a little duller then desired. Always wait until the outer at minimum is fully dry as the fabric will typically look very different immediately following vs fully dried. As usual ive probably left something out so feel free to toss up any questions either here or direct.
Looking at the ingredients you call for for concord mesh, I haven’t been able to find the oxi hd white revive just the regular white revive if that matters.

Have you ever tried out the Summit Brands bottle of OUT White Brite laundry whitener? It’s highly rated on Amazon.

Looking at the ingredients you call for for concord mesh, I haven’t been able to find the oxi hd white revive just the regular white revive if that matters.

Have you ever tried out the Summit Brands bottle of OUT White Brite laundry whitener? It’s highly rated on Amazon.
The Oxi HD white should be on Amazon if not Ebay however im not 100% its a high necessity as perhaps any quality detergent may do, the essential is the dialing in the dye process. There is another DS pair ill likely experiment on and see what results come out. Have seen yet did not try that Out white bright, i say give it a go. Had another gym session in the Concords yesterday so excuse the more laxed look but heres the mesh post dye/dry so you can see that drastic difference once the dye has time to settle:
20200606_215201.jpg

20200606_215310.jpg

20200606_215710.jpg

Camera on phone does the white little justice, really proud ive been able to nail the Concords as they were the first shoes to give me hell as a kid. So iceberg white that a direct sunlight shot just produced a glare lol. May do another side by side of the DS pair next to these before i get to work on them, currently finalizing work on a pair of road Big Stage Vs and then the homes will be next.

The Oxi HD white should be on Amazon if not Ebay however im not 100% its a high necessity as perhaps any quality detergent may do, the essential is the dialing in the dye process. There is another DS pair ill likely experiment on and see what results come out. Have seen yet did not try that Out white bright, i say give it a go. Had another gym session in the Concords yesterday so excuse the more laxed look but heres the mesh post dye/dry so you can see that drastic difference once the dye has time to settle:
20200606_215201.jpg

20200606_215310.jpg

20200606_215710.jpg

Camera on phone does the white little justice, really proud ive been able to nail the Concords as they were the first shoes to give me hell as a kid. So iceberg white that a direct sunlight shot just produced a glare lol. May do another side by side of the DS pair next to these before i get to work on them, currently finalizing work on a pair of road Big Stage Vs and then the homes will be next.
Dude you are on some ocd next level **** this is awesome. You should start a YouTube channel. Would be sick and so helpful to see instructional videos for your techniques.

Even the slanted clippers for the pl. And conditioning of it. You da man! Hell I didn’t even know you could take some new ds icy soles and ice them further to blue glacier status wtf lol

Sup everyone! Wondering if anyone had any new advice on keeping traction on shoes. I saw that a restorer on IG was able to straight ice his shoes and claimed no traction lost in the process.

Anyone got any ideas on how to preserve this? I heard the chemical reaction of the solution + sun on the rubber loses traction. But hey if someone can do it, it's definitely possible! He uses Raleigh cream incase for anyone who was wondering.

yes I wonder what the mad scientist Hill has to say about this. Very interested in all this.

I’ve said it before I will say it again. I just recently returned to the shoe game after an almost 15 year hiatus to come back and see all these different icing sauces and inevitably the good research and development by Hill here. It used to just be sea glow for soles and bar keepers friend for yellowed concord mesh. And oxiclean.

Looks like they discontinued oxiclean hd white revive it’s just white revive now which shouldn’t matter at all. I do want to try out the OUT whitener that’s highly rated on amazon in its place.

Sup everyone! Wondering if anyone had any new advice on keeping traction on shoes.
Dont ball however do run boxing drills which involves a good sum of footwork and cant say ive ever had slippage issues post icing. Have used Angeluses Sole Bright for years without a problem however if i did have traction problems i want to say it be nothing a wipe down with Alcohol following brushing away the sole brightener or dye with soap and water couldnt solve. Worse case id probably scuff the bottom a bit on asphalt to scratch off any remaining solution.

Looks like they discontinued oxiclean hd white revive it’s just white revive now which shouldn’t matter at all. I do want to try out the OUT whitener that’s highly rated on amazon in its place.
Your words are too kind and welcome back to the game. lol my OCD is the result of finally being in position in life to enjoy having a shoe obsession...
ontop of OCD being an artist and having a knack for experimentation free of fear of failure lol. Give OUT whitener a go, gut says youll be fine and if the results are off remember it doesnt hurt to play around with water temps and solution levels.

Dont ball however do run boxing drills which involves a good sum of footwork and cant say ive ever had slippage issues post icing. Have used Angeluses Sole Bright for years without a problem however if i did have traction problems i want to say it be nothing a wipe down with Alcohol following brushing away the sole brightener or dye with soap and water couldnt solve. Worse case id probably scuff the bottom a bit on asphalt to scratch off any remaining solution.

Your words are too kind and welcome back to the game. lol my OCD is the result of finally being in position in life to enjoy having a shoe obsession...
ontop of OCD being an artist and having a knack for experimentation free of fear of failure lol. Give OUT whitener a go, gut says youll be fine and if the results are off remember it doesnt hurt to play around with water temps and solution levels.
It probably doesn’t matter but I wonder what the actual difference was between oxi hd white revive and regular white revive lol

sole bright huh ok. Damn I just recently purchased salon care 40 but I can easily return it I think and get the sole bright. I’m going to refer to you lol! Yeah my thoughts were that the loss of traction would be something temporary but maybe the sole bright just doesn’t have that side effect. I’ve yet to experience it myself but I have read about folks losing traction.

I know you mentioned making a video tutorial which would be sick. Looking forward to that! I think you should start a YouTube channel.

I am currently using both Angelus sole bright AND salon 40 care + oxi! I felt the angelus sole bright definitely gave me quicker and better results. The salon 40 care however still works but slower. The salon 40 care is also a lot cheaper tho and you get a lot of your money's worth. I see people icing the hell out of their shoes from this guy's sauce on Instagram @Chriscustomkicks. I hella want to try his sauce out I suggest you guys check out the page!

I see people icing the hell out of their shoes from this guy's sauce on Instagram @Chriscustomkicks. I hella want to try his sauce out I suggest you guys check out the page!
Appreciate you dropping this, just placed an order and will give it a go on the Big Stages. Thus far ive tried V40 V50 Sole Bright and Fabes sole sauce. Like you mentioned it works all just the same in the long run but its something in the consistency i prefer with Sole Bright where as the others are a bit runny. However things are always evolving and rather give something an honest go before writing it off. If looking for best bang for buck jump up to that V50 developer, its not night and day from the V40 but definitely better. Still have a big *** bottle i run from time to time lol.

I am currently using both Angelus sole bright AND salon 40 care + oxi! I felt the angelus sole bright definitely gave me quicker and better results. The salon 40 care however still works but slower. The salon 40 care is also a lot cheaper tho and you get a lot of your money's worth. I see people icing the hell out of their shoes from this guy's sauce on Instagram @Chriscustomkicks. I hella want to try his sauce out I suggest you guys check out the page!
I will check that out. I just recently bought a 60V creme off amazon along with the salon 40. I will pick up sole bright next and pick 2 to do a side by side comparison. This is the 60v I got in the other day off amazon

Blonde Boost 60vol Developer

I have a update on my Jams. I tried everything from Windex to acetone, SalonCare 40 for 12 hours didnt work, soap and water didn't work, not even 90 % alcohol. Finally I decided to try SeaGlow. And after 20 minutes under the light, it's gone.

20191227_102843.jpg
20200112_182039.jpg
20200112_181854.jpg
what kind of UV light set-upis that?

I want to just create my own sole sauce lol I never knew baking soda + water as a fast and cheap way to make sole sauce. I was thinking adding oxiwhite + salon 40V+ baking soda. Just trying to attack the oxidation as much as possible. Has anyone else tried experimenting with making their own sauce?

I want to just create my own sole sauce lol I never knew baking soda + water as a fast and cheap way to make sole sauce. I was thinking adding oxiwhite + salon 40V+ baking soda. Just trying to attack the oxidation as much as possible. Has anyone else tried experimenting with making their own sauce?
Bllluuuuee windex. Ill have to post some pics of my 2011 foams to show it justice.

Don’t know if this the right place to ask but I picked up my grails, sulfur Kobe 8’s but hey are in need of a sole replacement.
A. Is that possible?
B. Can I please be pointed in the right direction?

I have a UV A/B reptile light, and a UV Grow light I run at the same time.
Using the uva/b reptile light along with the uv grow light is that just a case of more light is better and using what you’ve got? Or is there another reason you’re using it specifically?

Don’t know if this the right place to ask but I picked up my grails, sulfur Kobe 8’s but hey are in need of a sole replacement.
A. Is that possible?
B. Can I please be pointed in the right direction?
Congratulations on getting hands on your personal grails as its a damn good feeling. Now by sole replacement are you saying the tread itself is ate up and need be replaced or are you saying the adhesive need be reapplied?
Just trying to get where your coming from to provide the best answer, feel free to drop a photo or two as well so we can see what your working with.

Back
Top Bottom