:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I decided to post it here since it isn't worthy of making a thread, but how do you lace up the XIIs in order to perfectly make it show the TWO 3 everytime?

Originally Posted by Generic TM

Hi i have a couple questions about my 3s and 10s

jordan 3s

Does anyone had discoloration issues on the elephant print of the 3's. i tried to clean it with the nubuck brush wont really work. the grey is a bit yellowish

Foam midsole yellowing a bit... anyone found a solution for this except repaint ?

What is the best paint to fix scratches on the nike logo on the back plate of the 3s? Angelus ?

whats the best way to clean a foggy air bubble rubbing alcool ?

OG 10s

the suede became darker a a bit "spotty" after the years i cleaned it with the nubuck eraser/brush but i was wondering if theres any product taht would restored them back near original condition.

lilscratch on the foam... anyone tried to "buff" it with something ?

thank you all and sorry if the answers to my problems were posted already... i tried reading most of this thread but i cant read all 118 pages....
3s - air bubbles, blow dryer. as far as the painted areas i think the only way is to re paint.
10s - you can try a swede dye. i have never tried it but i am trying to find a test shoe.

Ok guys, i just got a pair of military blue retro 4's and inside the lining on the toe box (u know what im tlkin bout if u have the shoe) there is madorange spots, like someone was eatin cheetos and wiped there hands on their j's... i scrubbed, and even tried to bleach (very carefully) and no results...any suggestions?

the paint on my aqua 8's sole is starting to slightly crack what's the best way to fix a small hairline crack??? if repainting is the only solutionwhere can i find some paint to match the aquatone color on the sole???

what can i do about the patent leather? its slightly yellower in person. i know its unreversible, but is there a way to make them whiter and shine a bit? thanka lot guys

I just got a pair of used flint vii, and everythings good except the white part on the toe is extremely yellow. is there any way to reverse this? could irepaint it or something

46f151ec3a68cb12d05d5f7b05203f0b05c6477.jpg
HOW in the world was this restored

how do I restore suede creases and all that dirt I never seen this type of restoration got this from the restoration forum but its not that active rightnow

so I havent got a reply on it I tought maybe this is the thread to ask

is it the same way as you would leather.(towel and iron) I thought it messes up suede if you do that?

I have some pippens I want to do the same to.

How do you get the creases on the side of the shoes toe box too................(the sides next to the red jumpman)

Help will be apperciated

And here are the pippens :

24fikc0.jpg
The crease on these

33wnlnp.jpg

I want to get rid of the white shade that they are starting to get and I did not get them wet maybe its

UV rays?

I tried usin suede cleaner from footlocker and the scuffs jus reappeared

Originally Posted by davey5737

I just got a pair of used flint vii, and everythings good except the white part on the toe is extremely yellow. is there any way to reverse this? could i repaint it or something
best thing to do is to sand off the yellow areas in the front of the toeboxes. depending on how deep the yellowing is will tell you if you need topaint the areas afterwards. use a fine grit sandpaper to sand off the yellowing. if it needs to be repainted, use white angelus paint for that. this isn'tthat hard of a restore to do and you should be done with it in an hour at most.

moelest, i don't think you can do anything to get the patent leather any whiter. as far as to make it have more of a shine, use a leather wipe like armourall, meguiar's, etc. to make it have a gloss look to it and keeps it from drying out.
realest- aske jakecuevas about this project since i think those were his cdp xiv's he restored in those picks. i remember he stuffed the toeboxes withnewspaper and use water and an iron or something like that. don't quote me but he'll tell you exactly what he did.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

realest- aske jakecuevas about this project since i think those were his cdp xiv's he restored in those picks. i remember he stuffed the toeboxes with newspaper and use water and an iron or something like that. don't quote me but he'll tell you exactly what he did.
lol dude posted my pics...hahaha

PM for help.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

realest- aske jakecuevas about this project since i think those were his cdp xiv's he restored in those picks. i remember he stuffed the toeboxes with newspaper and use water and an iron or something like that. don't quote me but he'll tell you exactly what he did.
lol dude posted my pics...hahaha

PM for help.

Thanks for the help jakecuevas

@ntngman :
yep..i got them from ebay. the seller is from taiwan..

@pimpjobu :
thanks for the advice man..appreciate it very much

it takes a lot of patience and time and be very careful doing the sea glow on your kicks it took out the yellow on the clear sole now trying on the clear neton the sides i am sea glowing three pairs of retro 5 the black and silver and the white and black and fire red and white royal and grey

Hey just finished up these 3s, been workin on them and a couple other pairs for the past couple of days. I NEED WORK. lol
i can do these to your beats, check the sig as well.
nerd.gif
size 11
nerd.gif

3cd2567e453ac626c7d12b62a763ba6bdee1306.jpg
9ab35a24e160388c6d8acca619c5bfecf784490.jpg

Alright, I have the retro XII's from a few years back, the Black/Red and French Blue's are coming apart at the front where the sole is glued to theleather.
Where can I find some glue that will correct this problem? Or is there something else I should do?
Thanks NT!!

Originally Posted by JordandaMan23

Alright, I have the retro XII's from a few years back, the Black/Red and French Blue's are coming apart at the front where the sole is glued to the leather.
Where can I find some glue that will correct this problem? Or is there something else I should do?
Thanks NT!!
epoxy glue. this will correct the problem. lowe's, home depot, etc. carry this item. you're welcome!

Back
Top Bottom