:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Ok so I finally bought some angelus paints and I'm thinking about spraying rather than brushing. Anyone know if I need to add water/thinner to my paint before spraying I've heard they paint may be too thick. FYI ill be using a handheld mini sprAy gun

The paint is on point but the shape & creasing is really bad.

If you have a shoe tree & some starch running an iron over these wouldn't be a bad idea.
I didn't really bother to decrease since all I wanted was to whiten the midsole. But i will decrease now to sell. these arent official photos

Has anyone tried a combination of retrobrite and then seaglow? My cool grey 11's are to the point where retrobrite can do no more so I was wondering if seaglow might do the final trick in bringing these puppies back.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried a combination of retrobrite and then seaglow? My cool grey 11's are to the point where retrobrite can do no more so I was wondering if seaglow might do the final trick in bringing these puppies back.
It takes time in certain cases. How many sessions of retrobrite have you done? and what are you using to make the retrobrite?

Lebron 3's Restoration: I whitened the midsole and toecap as well as the bottom sole. I removed the scuff marks on the leather and plastic tabs

Good work @johnandrews

I see those laneys in the background :nerd:

Did you ever finish that stealth V to laneys custom?

CDP 5 Restoration: I unyellowed the bottom sole, cleaned the entire white upper leather and 3m tongue, whitened the laces, and defuzzed the insoles

Last edited:
Plenty of sessions. I'd say 2 weeks worth.
How long? I do 11am - 5pm outdoor method and 5 pm - 11am indoor method everyday for 3 weeks to get results like the 5's i posted.
Those look awesome dude super clean. And I wouldn't even bother with the decreasing unless ur gonna sell ether they'll crease again after one wear anyways haha. Did u actually repaint anything or just deep clean?
No repaint was used. Just general cleaning and deoxidizing

How long? I do 11am - 5pm outdoor method and 5 pm - 11am indoor method everyday for 3 weeks to get results like the 5's i posted.
Talking about at least 10 hours a session. They are probably close to your 5's. But my intention is to clear up that last bit of yellowing and was thinking if seaglow would finish the job.

You just do one coat of retrobrite and leave it out for that long? I'm just curious because I've heard people wash and scrub it off once it dries (30min-1hour) and re-apply.

I'm working on some OG Columbias right now, and I saw the one's you did a while back. They look good.

You just do one coat of retrobrite and leave it out for that long? I'm just curious because I've heard people wash and scrub it off once it dries (30min-1hour) and re-apply.

I'm working on some OG Columbias right now, and I saw the one's you did a while back. They look good.

Cover them with plastic wrap while they are under the light. They will last longer

They were pretty much piss yellow when I started.

I scored some 17.5% hydrogen peroxide.  Anyone ever used HP that is that strong before for mixing up a batch of retrobrite?  Should I dilute it a little, or will the fact that it is so strong make for faster results?

I scored some 17.5% hydrogen peroxide.  Anyone ever used HP that is that strong before for mixing up a batch of retrobrite?  Should I dilute it a little, or will the fact that it is so strong make for faster results?
where did you get yours and how much was it?

Ok so I finally bought some angelus paints and I'm thinking about spraying rather than brushing. Anyone know if I need to add water/thinner to my paint before spraying I've heard they paint may be too thick. FYI ill be using a handheld mini sprAy gun
@SirCharles

@JohnAndrew

Any input you guys seem to know the most????

@SirCharles
@JohnAndrew
Any input you guys seem to know the most????

I would say brush, it is really thick paint and thinning it to spray it would cause it to crack and chip defeating the purpose to painting the shoe.

If you insist on spraying, yes paint thinner would need to be used. I don't know how much, it depends of how much paint you are using. And apply 3 coats or more.

Now I need some help, I'm trying to create an Instagram so I can start getting some work out there, but when I import pictures from my camera roll they come in blurry. Anyone know how to fix this? I can't retake the pictures, since the shoes have already been restored.

@sir charles
How do i strip the little bit of paint in tight spaces or cracks on my 6s i rub with acetone but it doesnt come off i feel like it is either not reaching it or the paint has glue on it making it more difficult to reach!!! Help please

@sir charles
How do i strip the little bit of paint in tight spaces or cracks on my 6s i rub with acetone but it doesnt come off i feel like it is either not reaching it or the paint has glue on it making it more difficult to reach!!! Help please

Rub it with the end of a tooth pick after you put the acetone on it. It'll chip away.

I found my flaw when it comes to regluing.

I followed the labels too much, I use too much glue.

I found out that is the key as well - less is more. I've always wanted to use more because more glue means more adhesion right? Wrong. If you use the right stuff, it should do its job properly if used sparingly.

Back
Top Bottom