:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

question...will bar keepers friend also work on yellowing of the mesh on the USA low lebron 9s?

had em a month..not happy they yellowed at all...on the lebrons they dont look worn, they look like some one PISSED ON THEM...

will it work on the 9s? I know that mesh /netting is wayyy different then that of the 4s...

lebrons imo **** quality but the USA is such a good everyday shoe

I'm going to be real with y'all, I'm definitely a novice when it comes to restoration chemicals. I just learned how to glue talking shoes back together only last year.

So this Retrobrite isn't a licensed product? Its basically a homemade "sauce"? So its only a given generic moniker? It totally sounds like a licensed product you can buy in a store. So that stuff being sold online is chemicals we can make ourselves should we undertake in it?

Don't get me wrong, I like doing things myself, it definitely saves money, the only cost if your own time to commit to it. I know firsthand because I cut my own hair, wash my own car, and clean my own residency when I live on my own.

So is the "sauce" primarily used for yellowed mid-soles? Is it only supposed to be strictly applied to rubber based soles for whitening purposes?

In addition to rubber based soles, can the "sauce" stuff be used to restore yellowed soles back to clear as well?

There's so much feedback in here about what to use, I don't know what to go with myself. I mean I read Bar Keepers Friend is also for whitening rubber based soles. I can use that as well right?

definitely wanna stuff ya toe box with a bunch of plastic bags, news paper or old  sox, ez cleaner is good on the elephant print on 3's, and a mr clean dry eraser goes a long way and works well for the white  around the mid sole,cheers

Hey so what shade of red would be good for these scuffs marks on my 03 12's and what kind of paint supplies do I need. Angelus, stripping stuff acetone?

^ red angelus paint and mix a couple drops of black in to get it to match. I wouldnt really reccomend painting the leather parts though. try a mr clean magic eraser for those scuffs. 03 12s are really durable. wish i could find a pair of black and reds in my size.

Last edited:
Here's a pair of white/sky blue XII from 2004 I glued together after they started talking. I did one side last year, and I just did the other side over a month ago. I used Gorilla Glue and Gorilla Tape for these. Still haven't mastered avoiding left over glue residue yet.

Does anyone have any qualms or positive feedback on Foot Locker Inc. based "ultra" protectors? Does anyone think these help protect your shoes from dust and dirt legitimately? Would anyone recommend me to spray this on the Grape V I got recently?

Anyone have any helpful input on how I can restore these Pearl Foamposite from 1997? I still like them, they haven't torn apart after over 15 years. I recall getting these back in Dec. 1997. I just want to figure out how to restore these. I haven't worn these since 2002. Its crazy how the soles turned extremely dark instead of urine yellow after all these years, and not wearing them that long. The Nike checks fell off after not wearing them that long as well, but I know Gorilla Glue will help that. There's also darkened yellow on the seams of the uppers. All helpful ideas appreciated.

^ red angelus paint and mix a couple drops of black in to get it to match. I wouldnt really reccomend painting the leather parts though. try a mr clean magic eraser for those scuffs. 03 12s are really durable. wish i could find a pair of black and reds in my size.

I actually tried mr clean and it worked but then came back which was weird.

Ok well I went to FTL today and asked the guy that worked there what the difference was between them and he says and I quote "Umm its the same s*** but one bigger I guess". So I buy both and now I ask you guys what is the difference and what do you recommend? Thanks

Will it be possible for me to midsole swap a any jordan 11 size 12 with the jordan 11 columbia midsole. I need another midsole for my colombia 11 size 12. If anyone has any midsoles or 11 for cheap with a good midsole / or know if this will work pm or reply.

Ok well I went to FTL today and asked the guy that worked there what the difference was between them and he says and I quote "Umm its the same s*** but one bigger I guess". So I buy both and now I ask you guys what is the difference and what do you recommend? Thanks
i have been using the gel, works good for midsole ..

The suede/nubuck brush/eraser works wonders on dirty soles. IT might take a little elbow grease but it does work.

i have been using the gel, works good for midsole ..

I was always a fan of the foam besides the gel. It was easier to work with.

Back
Top Bottom