:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Best way to whiten the white on my sole?

Originally Posted by oBeasted

Okay was so happy when I spilt my doners but now I'm sad because they don't fit the outsole what can I do? The 4s are 8.5 and the donors are 8. Someone told me size down .5 to get a perfect fit what can I do? I was thinking of stretching the midsole while glueing to try to fit it on

I have a theory, maybe you could put the, in the fridge or someplace cold. I mean in theory cold should make the rubber contract and get smaller, not sure if it will work but it could

I have a theory, maybe you could put the, in the fridge or someplace cold. I mean in theory cold should make the rubber contract and get smaller, not sure if it will work but it could
eh...don't do that. you will accidentally crack them. remember the science class in high school? frozen rubber ball? AND rubber doesn't shrink. when frozen the rubber molecule slows down which causes it to harden. they don't friggin shrink.

any tips on these glue stains? need help guys thanks
are they factory glue stain or glue stain from glue back the midsole. as far as i know goo gone can dissolve the aftermarket glue, but i had no luck with original glue stain.

Last edited:

Best way to clean these Red Independence Day Hyperfuse Air Max 90? Jason Markk doesn't do that great of a job.
If those were mine, I'd put them in the washing machine. For real.

I washed my Infrared/White mesh toed 95s once a month before finally using them as lawn shoes. I'd wash them

any tips on these glue stains? need help guys thanks
Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline. Gasoline would also work but for patent I'd assume the Petroleum Jelly is best. That glue looks like its been on for ages though so you are going to have to work it, and then work it again but It will work.

Good luck, this will work though

Petroleum Jelly or Vaseline. Gasoline would also work but for patent I'd assume the Petroleum Jelly is best. That glue looks like its been on for ages though so you are going to have to work it, and then work it again but It will work.

thanks for the tip,i  will give a try

Okay was so happy when I spilt my doners but now I'm sad because they don't fit the outsole :frown: what can I do? The 4s are 8.5 and the donors are 8. Someone told me size down .5 to get a perfect fit what can I do? I was thinking of stretching the midsole while glueing to try to fit it on

get that 8.5

I repainted my bred 4s but now I have a problem finding out how to give them that matte finish , they're way too glossy as of now , any suggestions ???

im not if you wanna repaint but for black/white i only use flat now you can always add gloss with finishers

tried it bro. didn't work well. any other tips?

tried it bro. didn't work well. any other tips?
Man that stuff must have been on there for a while. I still think the Jelly does it if you keep working it but...Try this link also. 

dont get this wd40 down in the cracks of the sole though because it will seperate the midsole from the upper

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-clean-excess-glue-from-patent-leather-shoes/

What's the best way to clean these stains? JM kit? I got these stains because it was raining and dirt got on my shoes. What's the best way to clean the sole and remove the dirt?

Man that stuff must have been on there for a while. I still think the Jelly does it if you keep working it but...Try this link also. 

dont get this wd40 down in the cracks of the sole though because it will seperate the midsole from the upper

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-clean-excess-glue-from-patent-leather-shoes/
wd40 and acetone didn't work for me, I got some glue on the toebox of my 2000 Space Jams. Still haven't gotten it off yet, been like weeks lol. Heard about goo gone, but haven't tried it yet.

Last edited:
Anybody have any recommendations for a completely failed restore. About 2 or 3 years ago, I tried Barkeepers Helper or Bartenders Helper (whatever it was called) to whiten up the yellowed parts of the shoe. HUGE MISTAKE! Basically the black from the inside bled through and now I'm left with this. I've read a little about RIT or WRIT, but didn't know if I should go that way or if these are possibly even beyond repair.
RIT does work and should get all of the yellowing off, don't know about the purple though. Probably goona have to do it 5+ times. I've used it on some completely destroyed Concords. The mesh was literally dark gray and almost black, and I got it pretty much completely white again. If you look a few post up, I posted a vid on  how to clean mesh and how to shine/clean patent leather. Cleaning the midsole is easy and requires dish soap + tooth brush. Also tons of vids on youtube how to uncrease toeboxes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom