:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Are These Legit???

Well theres a way but ALOT of work n not a definate. If they were mine I would try building the leather back up spitshining them with white shoe polish like I did my boots in service but its a long process and not sure if it would work on patent leather or not

It depends, how much are they? If they are over $60-$80 i would say no.

The plastic layer of the patent appears to be scraped off. No way to fix that
Wat about a repaint? Like the youtube video where they customized the tuxedo low 11s. (I believe they were, dont really remember)

Hey guys, no matter how many times I've tried, I can't seem to iron out the creases on my 2013 Bred 1's. In case anyone is wondering, I am using a Hamilton Beach 14977Z Professional  iron set to cotton; I've stuffed the insides of my shoe to the top with a few wifebeaters, and I ironed my Bred 1's over a damp (not soaked) small towel. Is there any alternative method I could use to remove creases?

Wat about a repaint? Like the youtube video where they customized the tuxedo low 11s. (I believe they were, dont really remember)
You could repaint it, but it will never blend in. The patent leather is yellowed from age, if you used white angelus it would not blend in or look right. It would be hard to get it to shine like the patent

You should just save up and just get a nicer pair. An 8/10 pair if zen lows goes for around $150-$170. If i were you, i would spend the extra buck and get a cleaner pair. Its up to you

You prolly wont believe me but only 2 sessions per shoe. Oxidation was about the same as your XIs..i have a pic prior ill have to find n post. I used a sauce from Raleigh Restorations idk whats in it but iced this soles up quick

Anyone know how to fix this? Maybe without soleswap?

And what about this...do I need to worry that the shoe will fall apart while? Or its just the glue that got brittle due to pressure while walking? Would be a shame...2010 AM1

If i were to get em and repaint em like king of sneakers did.. Would you paint em white. Or white with a little bit of yello to get the vintage look?

Thats upto you..prolly be easier to mix some paint to that yellowish color to try and match than doing both shoes white or try some sauce on the patent leather to see if it whitens up prior to painting

How do you prevent the yellowing from the back tabs of white Jordan 3s?

Or do you let them yellow and just repaint them with the angelus paint?

How do you prevent the yellowing from the back tabs of white Jordan 3s?

Or do you let them yellow and just repaint them with the angelus paint?
There is no way to prevent yellowing. Once they are yellowed, you can use salon care 40 to make them white again

Back
Top Bottom