:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

i did read the label and i do have a sneaker cleaner for it but i picked up the wrong bottle and sprayed it on there

I just got a DS pair of AJ 12 playoffs (black/white). What's the best way to keep them clean? Do I need to spray them with something before I start wearingthem? I have some shoe cleaner stuff, it's one of the cans where you spray the foam on the shoe and use the lid to scrub the stain. Will this mess up thisparticular shoe? Thanks for any advice.

Hey I did read the all the info on cleaning my jordan, but I just wanted to be clear on how to clean my carolina 17's. The shoe in all is in good conditionbut I have yellowing on the midssoles and on that upper material of the shoe. I used a general amor all wipe to clean it and some oxy clean it still is yellow.Is there a good product to take some of the yellow off.
eyes.gif

I need help. The plastic tip on my Playoff 8's popped off. How I don't know? Should I just krazy glue it back together? I am very pissed that thishappened because this will be another pair of sneakers that I can't wear with shorts anymore.

Pic:
xtvyw.jpg

Scuff on my Aqua's I can't get out:
23w2m2s.jpg

Should I buy this to fix the plastic?
It's industrial strength glue. Only $2.39.
bevfabriccrafts_1996_143236283

I have a question that I can't seem to find a good answer to: My patent leather is separating from the soul on the sides near the front of the shoe --makes sense since thats where most of the bending happens. Do you have any advice or know what is the best glue for the job? I tried Gorilla Glue and Shoe Goo,and while Gorilla Glue seems promising, it will still open up a lil bit.

Also, has anyone tried Epoxy? I know its the strongest stuff out there, but I'm not sure its safe for souls since they bend and contract when you walk.

Have a good day,

m

Originally Posted by bnastyearly

Originally Posted by RhInoSpOrt

Originally Posted by hardhitta15

I got some OG Playoff 13s from a friend....and he did a crappy job of putting white shoe polish on the midsoles, does anyone know how to take the polish off and an alternative for making them whiter.

try seaglow. it strips off shoe polish ..and makes it whiter.
eek.gif
Do you apply the seaglow just like on the Vs and leave it in the sun?....I have a pair of Penny 1s, and the bottom part of the midsole is yellowing a bit...any info on how you did it would be appreciated
I put seaglow on a towel and wiped it a few times. 3-4 seaglow towels should work. Maybe less. Do you have any suggestions on using seaglow on V's?I've tried to seaglow a very bad yellow'd 99 V. It looks to me that you need to use seaglow when DS. To "condition" the clear rubber, andthen it will never yellow. Let me know if theres any tricks I am missing.

i couple months ago i bought the DMP, deadstock. i havent worn them and probably wont for a while. What precautions should i take to make sure that the XI dontyellow?

Originally Posted by trevor25

i couple months ago i bought the DMP, deadstock. i havent worn them and probably wont for a while. What precautions should i take to make sure that the XI dont yellow?

don't wear them.

eyes.gif
Does any1 kno how to clean these things, i was using warm water forawhile, and it was working. Not it stop i havent use any shoe cleaning products because am afraid of what might happen..ANY I DEA WOULD BE GREATLYAPPREIATED
frown.gif

OMG look what just happened.

I doubt there is anything I can do right? (besides cry)

I guess thats what I get for trying them on... smh
Looks like they'll stay DS forever...

how do i get rid of the yellowing from the 3's front midsole? also the pull tab on my 3's are yellow, how can i make them white again?

The toe area ( The White Rubber ) of my Fire Red III arebrown and dirty. I tried Mr.Clean Magic Eraser but itdidn't take it off. What should I do?

question shoe experts.....

I place my shoes on a plastic shelve..... Where do I put the silica packs.... Inside the shoe or around the shoe?

Is chalk and calcium tablet a good alternative moisture absorber?

Is microfiber cloth safe for dusting shoe?

279158e5ba462ca9ea3eb4ba69ec22417a2fc3d.pjpg

(5tan) my 6's just did the same thing. And it's only on one shoe.
frown.gif

" ...with water wetted paper towel"

Doesn't that sound funny?

Does any one know what glue i should use to re-glue the side of the sole back on to my og 12's

I'm about to break out my White/Stealth XX3 finally. Does anyone have any recommendations for pre-treating these so as to avoid heartache on those sidepanels? Should I be using something different on the side panels than the toe area?

Originally Posted by Caronongan

i got my aqua viiis stepped on da otha day and now its sorta faded on the toe. is there a way to make it black again?
I need to know the same thing, Ive tried suade cleaner spray and foam and nothing gets it dark black. It still looks greyish. Dont try the suadeeraser, it makes them worse and leaves the suade hard. Only use it if you get stains form food or saalad. Other than that, I still have my aquas greyish fromthe toebox.

HI, please help:
how can i remove the glue on leather?
not sure what kind of leather it is, the glue is on my lebron V (white/gold).
Thanks !

Originally Posted by 5tan

OMG look what just happened.

I doubt there is anything I can do right? (besides cry)

I guess thats what I get for trying them on... smh
Looks like they'll stay DS forever...
Originally Posted by Sharp Technology

279158e5ba462ca9ea3eb4ba69ec22417a2fc3d.pjpg

(5tan) my 6's just did the same thing. And it's only on one shoe.
frown.gif

" ...with water wetted paper towel"

Doesn't that sound funny?

my grails
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by nikehead203

[h2]what kind of Barkeeper's do i use to clean mesh???[/h2]
I used the powder stuff from Target on my xxi's and it worked. Just read the directions on the bottle.

the cloth type tounges on my olympic 6's (2002 retro) got dusty and i cant take it off.
has anybody had this problem?
the tounge looks like light brown and i dont want to damage my shoes

Back
Top Bottom