:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hello, i was recently repainting the midsoles of my 2012 Fire Red 4s when i noticed that the acetone was eroding the midsole. So i tried putting less pressure and going over the areas less but the paint just wont come off. Any tips or suggestions? Or any tips and suggestions on how to help cover up the erosion when im painting? This isnt the first time ive had this problem and i dont know what im doing wrong, Thanks.
Removing paint can definitely be a tedious process and at times it can be very difficult to really get the paint off. If the acetone isn't working anymore, one thing you can do to remove the existing paint left and potentially also the erosion is to use a metal file to scrap everything off.

I got a dirt mark on the pink toe and on top of the big toe...toe box area on my Urban Camos, knowing they're light grey it's noticeable, to me, I got the instant cleaner, Jason Mark, and suede & nubuck cleaner, I used the suede cleaner and only sprayed a little, but now where I sprayed there's a ring of where the dirt seemed to spread to, how can I get rid of it? Spray the whole toe area, and circular scrub around the entire toe box?
Post some pics.

​Hey guys I'm new to NT but i need some help on my military blue 4s that I'm trying to restore. The heel tabs on them are scuffed and i tried using nail polish remover that had acetone on a cotton ball but it didn't work. Also on the wings there's some stain could possibly be a jean stain but it's really tough to get off i also put acetone on that but nothing. Any suggestions? 
Acetone also would've been my first suggestion. You might want to try 100% pure acetone if you haven't. Those backtab scuffs are kinda tough, what you might want to try is to repaint them. Same with the wing. If the acetone doesn't work, idk what else you could do aside from repainting them.
anybody knows how to get these stains out of the suede? They ds and we're sitting in the box , took em out and found em like this. Anybody experienced this before? I'm thinking the red glove on the inside bled.
What you're probably going to have to do is dye them if you can't wash those out. I would definitely try to wash it out first.

Methods to remove stains from suede:

http://laundry.about.com/od/stainremovalfromleather/f/suedestains.htm

http://www.wikihow.com/Spot-Clean-Suede

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-stains-from-suede-fabrics/

http://www.howtocleanstuff.net/how-to-remove-ink-stains-from-suede/

Not the same problem, but might want to consider:

How do you get Glue stains off the sock liner on the new Jordan 4 Columbia's??

any products use or technics to do?
Post pics for best advice.

how would one go about getting this off? any hope? 
Did you try some general cleaning with just soap or water and some tough scrubbing? Or maybe a shoe cleaning product (e.g. Refreshed, Jason Markk, Angelus Cleaner, etc.)? If that's like an ink stain or marker stain, then I don't know how to help you without damaging the print even further.

ive been using Jason Markk for damn near every material, including the above.
many have recently suggested Air Legends, so I ordered a couple bottles of that, just havent used it yet

anybody knows how to get these stains out of the suede? They ds and we're sitting in the box , took em out and found em like this. Anybody experienced this before? I'm thinking the red glove on the inside bled.
Lincoln EZ Cleaner..buy it online or at a Shoe Cobbler/Repair Store

Does anyone know how to get rid of this black spot? I was walking in the rain and this came out of nowhere. Would jasonmarkk or angelus easy cleaner clean or I need something else to get rid of it. 

Laney 5s 2013 release 

I'm looking to restore these Jordan IV cool greys but I'm sure how to restore the torn nubuck. I heard about angelus suede dye. Would that help and which suede dye is the closest color to cool grey (they sell grey, dark grey, and light grey suede dye)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

hey guys i'm wondering what will be the best shoe cleaner out there?

I'm choosing between jason markk and reshoevn8r thanks! :smile:

hey guys i'm wondering what will be the best shoe cleaner out there?

I'm choosing between jason markk and reshoevn8r thanks! :smile:
Jason Markk is the only cleaner I've used that's strong enough to take off dirt on soles, but still won't fade a suede/Nubuck on a Toro IV or infrared VI.

I might try reshoev8r myself just to see how strong it is. I want to know what it will do to suede

Last edited:

I'm looking to restore these Jordan IV cool greys but I'm sure how to restore the torn nubuck. I heard about angelus suede dye. Would that help and which suede dye is the closest color to cool grey (they sell grey, dark grey, and light grey suede dye)? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I've seen a video where they completely strip the paint around the tearing area and redye it. Here it is:

I'm trying this on my DMP 6s cause they have baad tears. If this doesn't work then I know RetroSnickers said he's coming out with a video on fixing it.

Quick question, anyone know if I can take a liquid peroxide developer like this

and make it more of a paste consistency, like in the 40 volume creme? Maybe adding corn starch?

Hello guys! This is my first time posting here.

So I just got my Kobe 9 Mamba Moments in the mail this week and I had the GITD options for everything except the swoosh, unfortunately the white in the rendering and the actual pair do not have the same white. it has a yellow white color to it. It actually is brighter yellow in person compared to the pic. I plan to recolor the white tongue to the color of the soles. can someone shoe me the right direction to this? This would be my first time painting,customizing.

Last edited:
Hi guys! I have problem WITH angelus paint. Every time I repainting some midsole ( not every but most) it's cracking after 3-4 walk.

How to prevent angelus paint from cracking? I'm putting 5 coats and finisher then let them sit for 2 weeks after it.

Jason Markk is the only cleaner I've used that's strong enough to take off dirt on soles, but still won't fade a suede/Nubuck on a Toro IV or infrared VI.

I might try reshoev8r myself just to see how strong it is. I want to know what it will do to suede
I've never tried Jason Markk, but Lincoln doesnt do much for real stains for me. I've tried reshoevn8r and it's ok. I make my own cleaner now and it works best.  I'll try Jason Markk one day though so I can give a final analysis.
Hi guys! I have problem WITH angelus paint. Every time I repainting some midsole ( not every but most) it's cracking after 3-4 walk.

How to prevent angelus paint from cracking? I'm putting 5 coats and finisher then let them sit for 2 weeks after it.
Are your coats too thick?

I've never tried Jason Markk, but Lincoln doesnt do much for real stains for me. I've tried reshoevn8r and it's ok. I make my own cleaner now and it works best.  I'll try Jason Markk one day though so I can give a final analysis.

Are your coats too thick?

I think they are quiet good. I'm painting with airbrush.

Anyone ever put waterproofer on wool? I got wool shoes and want to use some Sof Sole Waterproof that I use for suede/nubuck, but not sure if my shoes will get messed up. Reps for the help.

I don't see how it could damage wool

Yeah not sure either. I know wool in it self is resistant to water to a certain degree, but I would hate for the waterproofer to just make it alter the materials look or feel. Maybe I just won't do it or contact the manufacturer.

Any tips on how to remove the yellowing stain on the lace loops from the dog tags on the xi?
I had the same stains forming on my DMP XI. First thing I did was remove the dog tags and put them in a plastic ziplock bag with the paper. I was able to get the yellow stains out of the mesh pretty easily with Jason Markk. Good luck!

I just pulled my DS 2000 Metallic Nike Air Jordan 5's out of the box, and i noticed the midsoles are starting to crack.  You can only see the crack if you pull and tug at the midsole, so I'm hoping they're not too far gone.  I know this happens with age, but is there any quick fix to keep the paint together? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I just pulled my DS 2000 Metallic Nike Air Jordan 5's out of the box, and i noticed the midsoles are starting to crack.  You can only see the crack if you pull and tug at the midsole, so I'm hoping they're not too far gone.  I know this happens with age, but is there any quick fix to keep the paint together? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

The paint will stay together. Just don2keep pulling or try them on to take a step. Crumble city

Back
Top Bottom