:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

2 questions here for you guys. I will be swapping a pair of 2000 infrareds soon and the donors I bought are a pair of white infrared 6s (2010 from the pack).

1) the donors have a white toecap. Is their a proper technique to make it black? (In case it proves difficult to separate the outsoles from Midsoles and also because the donor soles are in better condition anyways)

2) Is there a proper method to color the thread (Nike air) on the back of the 2000 infrareds. (In this case going from black to red)

This pic basically shows what I'm talking about:

Last edited:
Is it fogged?

Could try to clean them with water + laundry detergent...see if that helps. Could also use some gloss maybe?

Disinfectant wipes or a disinfectant spray would be a lot easier to use and get your hands on.

Have you tried acetone/nail polish remover yet? I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it, might just work, that would be the first thing that comes to mind for something like this.  If that doesn't work and all else fails, you might need to just repaint the area and blend it in to the surrounding patent leather.

It's not fogged.. It's got that water repellent spray on it, which makes it dull and less glossy.. I'll probably try rubbing alcohol and a qtip..

First try a suede eraser and brush. You can find them in most stores like target or try amazon. Some people even say you can use a regular pencil eraser. 

If that doesn't work you will need a cleaner like Jason Markk or Reshoevn8r. Make sure you follow these instructions very carefully. Luckily the color on your shoes should be easier to clean since it is not a dark dye.

Thanks! Repped

Is it fogged?

Could try to clean them with water + laundry detergent...see if that helps. Could also use some gloss maybe?

Disinfectant wipes or a disinfectant spray would be a lot easier to use and get your hands on.

Have you tried acetone/nail polish remover yet? I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it, might just work, that would be the first thing that comes to mind for something like this.  If that doesn't work and all else fails, you might need to just repaint the area and blend it in to the surrounding patent leather.

They're not fogged, they have the repellent spray on them, which makes them dull.. I'll try alcohol and a qtip to remove the spray

Is anyone doing restorations right now?

I got a few pair I could use some work on.

Word I need a small part on the back of some 1's repainted. Anyone who does quality work please dm me

So I managed to get rid of the tough excess glue on the patent leather with nail polish remover. BUT now, it left behind this cloudy (I don't know what to call it... stain? color?) thing. It's pretty noticeable but hard to take a picture of. I tried using nail polish remover again but it did nothing. Any tips?

Well I just tried all of that and it didn't help that much. I don't really know how to describe the thing. When I cleaned the area with water it disappeared for about 20 seconds, then it came right back.

Help!!! Is there any way I can restore the color on the right shoe??

First try a suede eraser and brush. You can find them in most stores like target or try amazon. Some people even say you can use a regular pencil eraser. 

If that doesn't work you will need a cleaner like Jason Markk or Reshoevn8r. Make sure you follow these instructions very carefully. Luckily the color on your shoes should be easier to clean since it is not a dark dye.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Seems like scuffs on the patent leather on the georgetowns. I dont know what else to call it...

Pushing them products hard all the sudden huh? You'd probably get a better response if you were a contributing member and not just pushing your product in all 6 of your posts.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Seems like scuffs on the patent leather on the georgetowns. I dont know what else to call it...
so all the videos i watched said to use nail polis remover and it will come right off. i bought some, used a q-tip, and it did nothing. i think i may have scuffed off the finish of the patent?

anyone have any other suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom