:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Any product out there that i can apply on these white metallics to slow the yellowing on the netting? Thanks

Does anyone know if Jason mark works on flyknits? Or what's the best method to deep clean flyknits?

Last edited:
Can know if Jason mark works on flyknits? Or what's the best method to deep clean flyknits?

what flyknit shoe?
JM is safe, not sure if effective tho, depending on color. many people just put them in washer inside a pillow case with cold water, and air dry

No but you can store them in ziploc bags with silica gel packs to keep the moisture out
and just air them out every so often? Bag Sealed? I read about drying out the midsole will crumble. Figure i will wear these every so often. Yellow will happen just want them looking as crisp long as possible. Thanks

I don't know if this is scientifically backed or anything but I spray waterproofing solution on all of my icy shoes and they've all retained icyness since day 1. It's available at hatworld, journeys, finishline, etc.

I think all men size laces are 54" and kids are 45"?
So

They vary its best to measure one of your own. I have 72" laces in some dunks. Pretty sure the ones in my 3s are much shorter than 72 but could be wrong.

Shoe size affects it too

Last edited:
Can somebody give me tips on how to make the mmidsoles white again and taking out stains?
i find some extra strength whitening tooth paste works. only thing you gotta make sure is to get the white tooth paste. not those with colors.

rub the tooth paste into the midsole and let it sit. clean them off with water. repeat the process until it's white. 

I did this to my 2004 XII playoffs. 

i find some extra strength whitening tooth paste works. only thing you gotta make sure is to get the white tooth paste. not those with colors.

rub the tooth paste into the midsole and let it sit. clean them off with water. repeat the process until it's white. 

I did this to my 2004 XII playoffs. 
Thank you! But any recommendations you have?

Last edited:
How difficult is it to dye canvas? I want to dye the silver heel line to black on my vandals. Never done any custom work.

Hey guys I have a question. 

I want to buy shelves for my sneakers and display them, however at the moment I have each shoe in a ziploc bag and the bags are inside the shoe box. With certain models that have clear soles I keep silica packets in side the bags as well. 

My question is, if I buy shelves to display them, is that bad for them and will it make them yellow quicker? Thanks in advance!

I want to buy shelves for my sneakers and display them, however at the moment I have each shoe in a ziploc bag and the bags are inside the shoe box. With certain models that have clear soles I keep silica packets in side the bags as well. 

My question is, if I buy shelves to display them, is that bad for them and will it make them yellow quicker? Thanks in advance!
yes exposing the shoe to oxygen for a prolonged period of time will quicken the yellowing process of the shoe. If your looking to display your shoes you may want to think about investing in clear/glass shoeboxes for your shoes that has clear soles.

Its best to store your shoes in a dark cool place, If they are exposed to lots of sunlight it will speed up the yellowing on the soles/rubber

Its best to store your shoes in a dark cool place, If they are exposed to lots of sunlight it will speed up the yellowing on the soles/rubber
yes exposing the shoe to oxygen for a prolonged period of time will quicken the yellowing process of the shoe. If your looking to display your shoes you may want to think about investing in clear/glass shoeboxes for your shoes that has clear soles.
Alright good to know, glad I didn't go buy a shelf. Thanks a bunch!

I recently bought some Adidas running sneakers from 1993 and noticed the 3 black stripes (nubuck possibly?) Was cracking and flaking. It's also staining the surrounding white felt and I can't get rid of the stains. Any idea how to fix it?

I today attempted to clean my hares 7 toe box. My steps were apply the foot action suede nubuck cleaner and scrub with a toothbrush and then wipe me off and leave. To dry but later on after 4 or more hours I checked on the drying process and notice the spot that I tried to clean has turned rough and has wowed black lines on the suede please help me!!! I want to save my babies and this like my 3rd time wearing then in all.

Back
Top Bottom