:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Wish I could help. Mine started flaking and I sold em. Didn't wanna deal with that

Not horrible but still enough to bug the piss out of me

So now I've finally got a question :lol: For the people that've redyed their nubuck/ suede shoes before, what did you use? I used black RIT dye on my citrus 7's and they came out a little sparkly. Maybe about 2 areas on the right shoe has spots that look like splattered dots but i made sure i applied the dye evenly.

Any help on how to get this of would be appreciated and I'll update with pics if needed when I get some better lighting.

Last edited:
I bought the maroon 6s off nike when they released, I got to wear them about twice then today I noticed the paint chipping/ peeling off the back of the midsole. I take very good care of my shoes and I was very surprised to see this. Did this happen to anyone else? Is this normal and what can I do to prevent this in the future. Thanks

I bought the maroon 6s off nike when they released, I got to wear them about twice then today I noticed the paint chipping/ peeling off the back of the midsole. I take very good care of my shoes and I was very surprised to see this. Did this happen to anyone else? Is this normal and what can I do to prevent this in the future. Thanks

Wow, that is sad. I thought Nike took care of that problem in the past couple of years but I guess not. I would see if you can return them. There's no way $200+ shoes should have this problem after a couple of weeks. If you want to fix the problem yourself you're probably going to have to strip the paint off the white heel part and repaint it. You can try going over the cracks with paint or even a little rubbing alcohol to spread the paint onto the crack but in all honesty I would return them. It's pretty unacceptable.

Honestly looks like you scuffed your heels. But if anything it's from normal wear which I highly doubt because you apparently only wore them twice.
it's normal wear on the 6s. my white infrared is doing the same thing. not as bad, but same paint chipping away at the heel compression crease.

it's normal wear on the 6s. my white infrared is doing the same thing. not as bad, but same paint chipping away at the heel compression crease.
An even better reason to justify me not spending 220 on a pair hah. But that's just me personally. 

All my 6's have that problem DMP , CDP carmines ,and infrared pack ....seems like that problem will never get fixed...just throw some paint over it i guess..

So now I've finally got a question :lol: For the people that've redyed their nubuck/ suede shoes before, what did you use? I used black RIT dye on my citrus 7's and they came out a little sparkly. Maybe about 2 areas on the right shoe has spots that look like splattered dots but i made sure i applied the dye evenly.

Any help on how to get this of would be appreciated and I'll update with pics if needed when I get some better lighting.
Just in case somebody could help :nerd: on the more sparkly panels, in person tark brown color instead of a straight black. Ended up testing some EZ cleaner on a panel to see if i could fix them but.. :frown:

Was i dumb for using RIT dye in the first place? Saw it here a couple of times so i decided to shoot my shot too :lol:

Last edited:
id personally return those maroon 6s, thats just ridiculous for a $220 shoe. i know its been a known issue on 6s in the past, but cmon nike!

id personally return those maroon 6s, thats just ridiculous for a $220 shoe. i know its been a known issue on 6s in the past, but cmon nike!
it's gonna be the same thing with the 4s. makes me think hard about passing on the cement 4s. there are ppl with cracks in their oreo and columbia from this year already.

I don't personally don't own any models that old, meaning 4-6. I think the oldest model in my collection is 11 12 13. I know what models to avoid for certain durability issues. I sold my DB6 cuz the paint started doing that all along the midsole on the sides, I just can't stand it

Ink of some sort bled into the transparent rubber. There isn't a way to get rid of it. For future reference, never keep receipts in box with shoes, unless in a Ziploc baggy

On my CDP Taxis the right heel feels softer than the left heel. The air unit is still intact though...no empty bag sound that I hear.

Just softer feeling when walking.

What causes this? Anything I can do? I've had them since release from FNL but hadn't worn them in months. When I put them on the other day as soon as I stood up and took a step I noticed it. Don't recall noticing it before.

I have a pair  of Air Pippen ones.  There is a stain on the front of the shoe, near the small Nike check. It may be a glue stain from the factory. I believe the material of the shoe is nubuck. Any suggestion on how to remove the stain?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I got a steal on some beater 09 shadow 1s, with the only real issue being some nubuck pealing on the toebox. I was wondering what angelus suede dye I would use to match the shadow grey, as im not sure if i should use the regular grey suede dye or the light grey suede dye.

Thanks a ton.

Back
Top Bottom