:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Guys im needing something quick because my crep won't make it in time for my trip. Does the sof sole water proofer work just as well and will it cause any discoloration on flyknit?

Hey guys I'd like to just get some opinions. What sneaker cleaner would you guys recommend most? My biggest concern really is when it comes to suede/ nubuck, where it won't fade the colors away or ruin the materials. I have the Jason markk but wanted to see from your experiences how it compares to reshoevn8r or air legends. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
i was told for suede to get the lincoln suede cleaner. i got it on amazon a couple months ago.. havent used it yet tho

i have used JM on nubuck materials ... used it on green glow 4, toro 4, carmine 6... all with excellent results. but never on suede. when you do clean suede, you want the least amount of liquid possible to come in contact with the suede material

Hey guys I'd like to just get some opinions. What sneaker cleaner would you guys recommend most? My biggest concern really is when it comes to suede/ nubuck, where it won't fade the colors away or ruin the materials. I have the Jason markk but wanted to see from your experiences how it compares to reshoevn8r or air legends. Thanks in advance.
Never used JM because I saw a couple of people post in here that it ruined the suede or their shoes, so I went straight for the Lincoln EZ cleaner and it's perfect.

Last edited:
skep skep S skylondiggs repped thank you. Didn't even know of that cleaner,will for sure get some to have on hand.

skep skep thanks or the cleaning advice. But aren't the solutions water based, so do you shake off as much liquid off before brushing? Doesn't that also shake of the solution? And also, I'm guessing you use a suede brush,any recommendations?

Apologies if I sound really ignorant, just wanting to make sure I don't mess up.

For those you with the blk/cement 4s from 2012 dealing with the cracking paint. Is there a place that I could take it to have it repainted or something. It is so disgusting to look at, and embarrassing to wear with the paint chipped all over them. I'm trying no turn them into beaters because they are still in good condition. The paint chipping is just horrible.

only basing the directions on what the cleaning companies suggest. the more moisture the suede comes in contact with, the more likely they are to get damaged. there are videos and tutorials on how to correctly clean it, but i have yet to clean a suede shoe with anything other than a brush or rubber block. ive never used a cleaner, but will eventually, which is why i bought the lincoln suede cleaner.
if you are referring to the nubuck material, then i just use the JM cleaner along with the premium brush.

skep skep S skylondiggs repped thank you. Didn't even know of that cleaner,will for sure get some to have on hand.

skep skep thanks or the cleaning advice. But aren't the solutions water based, so do you shake off as much liquid off before brushing? Doesn't that also shake of the solution? And also, I'm guessing you use a suede brush,any recommendations?

Apologies if I sound really ignorant, just wanting to make sure I don't mess up.

I use plain ol Lysol wipes. Cleans well and has enuff isopropyl to evaporate

how do I get this puffy again?

My 2012 bred KO's are in good condition but wanna clean em up a little before wearing them again. I used Mr clean magic eraser on the white areas of the midsole but I need some suggestions on what kind of cleaner to use on the canvas upper

Last edited:
Has anybody tried the Rustolem Neverwet for shoes to see if it works on slowing down the oxidation of the soles with the amount of water/dirt they come in contact with? I have two pair of the 72-10's and am going to treat the uppers, bit wondered about the soles. Thanks.

Has anybody tried the Rustolem Neverwet for shoes to see if it works on slowing down the oxidation of the soles with the amount of water/dirt they come in contact with? I have two pair of the 72-10's and am going to treat the uppers, bit wondered about the soles. Thanks.
I never used never wet but I use Jason mark repel on any shoes with clear soles. I think it helps

Last edited:
I never used never wet but I use Jason mark repel on any shoes with clear soles. I think it helps

First time I've ever heard of that. May have to try it. Question though. I don't know if I'm the only one,but after a few wears I clean my shoes including the soles. I don't know if you do also,but I'm wondering how the fact that the repleller is there affects the cleaning?

Dog chewed my futures how to fix? tailor?

little yellowing on netting would a sole sauce fix it?

Back
Top Bottom