:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Hello, friend of mine gave me jordan 14s last shot but heres the problem

Will gorrilla glue be able to fix that ? Without damaging the zoom unit ?? Thx. I precise that I'm in France, so there is no barge cement or e6000...but I can have shoe goo too. What do you think ? Thank you

Few days late, but for the people having issues with the fire red 4: those have badly cracking midsole paint so even just a lite motion will knock the paint off.

Please dont put any shoes in the washer. That's the worse thing you can do to your washer and your shoes. You're wasting water that doesn't need to be used and you're deteriorating the adhesive from the shoes so it'll fall apart faster. 

Hello, friend of mine gave me jordan 14s last shot but heres the problem

Will gorrilla glue be able to fix that ? Without damaging the zoom unit ?? Thx. I precise that I'm in France, so there is no barge cement or e6000...but I can have shoe goo too. What do you think ? Thank you

Shoe goo but don't apply any to the zoom airbag. The flexing that will occur when walking will most likely rip the unit.

Please dont put any shoes in the washer. That's the worse thing you can do to your washer and your shoes. You're wasting water that doesn't need to be used and you're deteriorating the adhesive from the shoes so it'll fall apart faster. 

Negative, I have watched many shoes in the past using a wash machine. It's work great, just don't use the dryer, air dry

Shoe goo but don't apply any to the zoom airbag. The flexing that will occur when walking will most likely rip the unit.
thank you. Should I be worried about the glue touching the zoom unit when I press the whole thing ?

Hello there NT, 

I am a new member here.

I have a dying question to ask.

How do i fix the dull patent leather on these? 

The trapezoidal shape on the toebox is a result of the nail polish remover on it. (dont ask why please).

I thought of using Angelus high gloss acrylic paint, but whenever i put any form of water-based substance on it (even water), the substance turns into water beads and does not spread evenly throughout the surface. 

Any help here guys?

Hello, I bought 2012 Bred 11s for a decent price but I noticed that they squeak when I walk. I used baby powder but it didn't work. I read that the air bubble units might have popped but I would have to do a sole swap. Is there any other way to try to get the noise to stop or minimize?

If the air bubble is popped (you can feel no air unit), you can shift the air unit dramatically by force to remove the squeaking.

Or remove the midsole using the boiling water method by Retrosnickers and change the air unit. 

Reglue the midsole using cement. 

Hello there NT, 

I am a new member here.

I have a dying question to ask.

How do i fix the dull patent leather on these? 

The trapezoidal shape on the toebox is a result of the nail polish remover on it. (dont ask why please).

I thought of using Angelus high gloss acrylic paint, but whenever i put any form of water-based substance on it (even water), the substance turns into water beads and does not spread evenly throughout the surface. 

Any help here guys?

Welcome! Try This might helpWatch "How to paint Patent Leather Jordan XI KOS KINGOFSNEAKERS.COM" on YouTube

Last edited:
They said to use either the Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic coating (which i have), or either the acrylic finisher by angelus. But when i sprayed onto it the thing was peeling off like a bch.

I've asked this question other places and can't seem to find a definitive solution/answer.

I customized some 1s and dyed the soles. Some of the dye ran into the midsole, and now I'm trying to figure out how to lift/get the dye out. I don't want to paint over it.

I've tried bleach (Clorox) and sun treatment, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any solutions? Maybe Salon Care 40?

I've asked this question other places and can't seem to find a definitive solution/answer.

I customized some 1s and dyed the soles. Some of the dye ran into the midsole, and now I'm trying to figure out how to lift/get the dye out. I don't want to paint over it.

I've tried bleach (Clorox) and sun treatment, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any solutions? Maybe Salon Care 40?
I just knew based off of your name it would've been a problem like this 
laugh.gif
 unfortunetly I haven't seen any other solutions than painting the midsole (which I've had to do on both of my custom pairs) or putting bleach on the midsole.

Oxyclean as a last resort? 
nerd.gif

I just knew based off of your name it would've been a problem like this :lol:  unfortunetly I haven't seen any other solutions than painting the midsole (which I've had to do on both of my custom pairs) or putting bleach on the midsole.

Oxyclean as a last resort? :nerd:
I guess I could try that. I actually painted one, and I didn't like the way it had the off white look, compared to the original white. So I just took it all off last night with deglazer.

so i recently took out my DS Laser 5s from the box and saw this stain from the paper, its only on one shoe. the one that was still wrapped under the paper any ideas on how to remove this??

anyone know the best way to whiten yellowing midsoles on stan smiths?

I've done like 5 applications of plus white but they're still pretty yellowed

Back
Top Bottom