:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

How remove "glittery/shiny stains" from Jordans I? and Can I prevent the stains?

Jordans are DS and Original box and staff, but when I take off from storage, they have a stains with "glittery". I try with water but don't remove all.

Sorry for my bad English.

How to return the sheen to the toebox area on Jordan XIX SE's?

I've tried Windex but only works until the patent leather dries again then back to dull look.

2014 Black Infrared 6s get dirty so easily, and that BS Footlocker suede cleaner isn't cutting it. What do you guys use to clean these?

2014 Black Infrared 6s get dirty so easily, and that BS Footlocker suede cleaner isn't cutting it. What do you guys use to clean these?
The FTL cleaner never worked for me, ended up ruining my Hares more than they were in the first place 
mean.gif

Try Lincoln EZ Cleaner.

Does anyone know how to get rid of these stains on my Carmine 6's? I think the shoes were resting on top of my receipt in the box :frown:

I tried using a shoe cleaner but didn't work... ahhh

Thanks, will do. What stores carry it? Been hearing about it for years, but never bothered to buy it. I think it's time lol.
Haven't seen it in-store but Amazon has it online 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...X5ihj6uDDLBPZMFFg&sig2=-i1Jz0gGIDwY7ZVEs7Qt-Q

Does anyone know how to get rid of these stains on my Carmine 6's? I think the shoes were resting on top of my receipt in the box :frown:

I tried using a shoe cleaner but didn't work... ahhh
Sorry but it's not coming out man. Acetone might lighten it up a bit but it's permanent, always move the receipt away from your shoes.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to remove the lace locks of the XX2's? there seems to be some black gun in the top lace holes and i need to wash the laces but dont see a way to remove the lokcs without braking them

Help me! How can I remove this problem about leather on 5s? How these things happen to my shoes, I bought this shoes last December, and I used it once.

Haven't seen it in-store but Amazon has it online 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...X5ihj6uDDLBPZMFFg&sig2=-i1Jz0gGIDwY7ZVEs7Qt-Q

Sorry but it's not coming out man. Acetone might lighten it up a bit but it's permanent, always move the receipt away from your shoes.
It's not the receipt I promise this happened to my anniversary 11s and my cool grey 11s neither had a receipt in the box. Anybody know what this stain even is?
Has a dark purple hue on mine almost black

Last edited:
Ok folks.  Help me out.  I don't want to damage the shoe so I haven't touched it.  I have 2000 Infrared 6s and both shoes have this...scuff...on the toe box.
I've never truly worked with suede/nubuck before so yeah.  Original owner said the tissue paper might have caused it.  I'm guessing I can brush it out? 

Ok folks.  Help me out.  I don't want to damage the shoe so I haven't touched it.  I have 2000 Infrared 6s and both shoes have this...scuff...on the toe box.

I've never truly worked with suede/nubuck before so yeah.  Original owner said the tissue paper might have caused it.  I'm guessing I can brush it out? 
Either try some Lincoln EZ cleaner, or Angelus flat black paint on the scuff and see if that covers it up.

Light coats of black kiwi shoe dye

How well does this work? I just got my suede dye from Angelus in yesterday and I haven't used it yet.

Just wanna make sure I grabbed the right stuff, I've got a pair of Citrus 7s to fix up.
I would test that suede dye first.  I bought some from angelus years ago and they ruined my shoes.  Made them purple, not black.  I thought maybe because it was a different color originally but even on a black shoe they have a purplish tint to it.  Absolutely test that dye first.

Yea I've heard about that one plenty of times 
mean.gif
 they've recently said that they've fixed the problem but I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow. Repped for the advice.

Yea I've heard about that one plenty of times 
mean.gif
 they've recently said that they've fixed the problem but I guess I'll see what happens tomorrow. Repped for the advice.
Report back on how that works.  If it's fixed, I'll buy that black dye again but for now I'm staying away lol.

Fiebings makes the BEST black suede dye. i use it for all my restorations. 

there's a reason it stays sold out on ebay.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I was cleaning up my Cool Grey 4s and I accidentally ripped one of the shoe laces. Does anyone know what size shoe laces I have to get for Size 10 Cool Grey 4s? Also, what can I do to remove the light yellowing around the netting? Does Rit only work on White netting? Finally, does sole sauce work on the toe caps or should I just repaint over them? Thank you
[/quote]
Bump

Back
Top Bottom