:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

What can i put on the red soles of my CDP 11's so that they'll be "protected" against dirt, etc.?

And that they'll stay bright red...

^ i don't know what you would be able to put on the soles to give like a protected layer. if you could, i think it would make it more slippery and haveless traction imo. as far as making them stay bright red, just clean them regularly and if they start to dull out time to use some sea glow.
^^kream, use regular laundry detergent, as this is probably the best for cleaning this area. use a liquid form instead of powder.

my black cat ivs are hella dirty im talking bout they not black anymore but they just dirty. what do you guys recommend to make my ivs look new?

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Thanks for the info, but can you be specific..how would i clean the red soles? (Materials, procedure etc.)
check out the beginning of this thread as far as using sea glow for your xi's. it's not that hard of a procedure but it does take time andpatience. i don't think you'll need this for a while since your xi's are barely 6 months old. as far as keeping them clean and fresh for the timebeing just get some basic shoe cleaner from any shoe store. easiest one to buy and use is the shoe cleaning gel with the brush applicator. preventive care isthe best so you're shoes won't be harder to keep clean as time goes by. as far as using the the cleaning gel, just apply to the soles and brush aroundand wipe off with a towel or rag.

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

my black cat ivs are hella dirty im talking bout they not black anymore but they just dirty. what do you guys recommend to make my ivs look new?
i know what you're talking about since i have a pair i use for work every other day. after a couple of wears my pair collects hell of dirt anddust due to being outside for my work. what i do is this. get a suede/nubuck brush that they sell in any footlocker/footaction/champs/etc. brush off as much ofthe dirt and dust that you can to remove this layer. next thing i do is either use a suede/nubuck foam cleaner or a suede/nubuck spray cleaner. it doesn'tmatter which one you use because they both work good but i tend to prefer the foam over the spray for black based suede/nubuck jordans. spray or apply the foamand use the brush applicator that came with the bottle. clean the shoes up with the brush tip and then wipe off any excess cleaner left behing with a towel orrag. you might end up with some lint or fibers from the rag or towel you use left on the shoes. if you have a can of compress air just use it to blow off theseremnants. to finish off the shoes i usually get some waterproofer spray to help get back some of the black color if it's kinda faded. you should see someimprovements in your shoes apperance after using these tools and cleaners.

I dropped some freakin ice cream on the toe box of my hares, not I got a fat grease stain.

any help?

Originally Posted by kmn2008

I dropped some freakin ice cream on the toe box of my hares, not I got a fat grease stain.

any help?
try suede/nubuck spray cleaner. this should work. don't use the foam cleaner because i found out when you use this stuff, it kind of leaves adark sport in the area that you cleaned. but the spray should help you.

How do I clean my laser prints on my midwest XX's?

Theres like a strip of dried up dirt that I cant pick off right across it on the toebox.

hey i got some White /Black - Varsity Red XX's and the leather is starting to peal a little 'its turning grey on some areas is there any way to fixthis,i head a special paint but do you know which paint? thanks

I have some of the Air Jordan 1 Strapped with the Canvas material. Dude to a Senior graduation party they kinda got a little wet on the inside. What can i doto prevent mildew?

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by kmn2008

any help?
try suede/nubuck spray cleaner. this should work. don't use the foam cleaner because i found out when you use this stuff, it kind of leaves a dark sport in the area that you cleaned. but the spray should help you.
thanks pimp. ill try that.

Originally Posted by thuglife67898

hey i got some White /Black - Varsity Red XX's and the leather is starting to peal a little 'its turning grey on some areas is there any way to fix this,i head a special paint but do you know which paint? thanks
angelus paint.

Originally Posted by otakutrevan

I have some of the Air Jordan 1 Strapped with the Canvas material. Dude to a Senior graduation party they kinda got a little wet on the inside. What can i do to prevent mildew?
try using a hair dryer. spend a little time to dry out all of the wetness inside of the shoes. finish it off with some lysol inside to prevent anyfurther mildew smell. not a lot, just spray a little.

Originally Posted by AirJordanXVIII

How do I clean my laser prints on my midwest XX's?

Theres like a strip of dried up dirt that I cant pick off right across it on the toebox.
i can't remember but is it pl on the toebox? if it is, use some leather wipes. if it's suede, use a suede/nubuck cleaner or foam.

hey thanks pimp is do i use neutral or white..they look the same?? .. also is there a way to remove scuff marks from the pattent leather i heard armor all butwasnt sure thnx

^ if you sew it, imagine the amount of time it will take for that area. if you do super glue it, you might want to try epoxy glue, which is rubber cement.strong enough to do the job.

^ don't you just love the quality of those aqua's? you're going to have a b**#& of a time if you're considering touching up thoseaqua's. this is what you need= angelus paints, doing a color match at lowe's or home depot to figure out what colors to mix to get those colors andstart calculating the amount of money you need for all those paint mixtures. imo it will cost you too much to figure out the amount of colors for such a smallarea that you want to repaint. i bet those aqua's are probably ashy, too. if i was you i make these my beaters and just cop another pair of aqua's ifyou love them so much.

i looked through these pages for a while now and i still haven't found a solution to the problem i am having with my flint vii's. it doesn't reallyneed an explanation because im pretty sure the pics are clear enough. it seems like there is a bit of yellowing going on with these. these have survivednumerous attacks (half a bottle of ketchup fell on these, toilet bowl cleaner caused a blemish in the suede, a drink was spilled directly on them at a club,etc) but i managed to somehow clean them up and keep them looking fresh. now, it seems like old age is getting to them.

i know i have to clean the laces, and touch these up with some soap and water but if i can get this yellowing out of the toe it would be amazing. what doesanyone recommend? i already found a bunch of stuff in these threads that im going to try with other sneakers like snakeskin xi's, CG IV's, mochaiii's and a bunch of others. so any help would be greatly appreciated, of course!

what can i do to make my cdp xi's stp squeaking i tried baby powder but i ont think i did it right or its not working..... thanks in advance pimpjobu

Back
Top Bottom