:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by k r e a m

what can i do to make my cdp xi's stp squeaking i tried baby powder but i ont think i did it right or its not working..... thanks in advance pimpjobu
did you remove the insole before you applied the baby powder? if you didn't, then you need to do that.
^^for my man with the flints- i think you tried to look too hard for something on the flints for a fix. if you would of looked back on some of these pages youwould of saw what i did on fixing the yellowing on vii's. you would of saw my french blue vii's in some pics. but this is what you do. first, sand downthe toe boxes with a fine grit sandpaper. this should remove the yellowing. if the yellowing is really deep, you gonna need to sand it down and do a retouch ofwhite angelus paint. real easy process and not hard to do. problem solved.

Pimpjobu
they ain't ashy actually and that is the sad part.
I love these shoes and those cracks are the only real down fall.
Was there anything that I could have done at the begining to avoid this?

^nope. the last batch of viii's that released are notorious for paint chipping and cracking. in fact a lot of shoes pretty much starting about 2006 totoday released by jordan brand tend to suffer from this. some people have been lucky and not encountered this problem, but you fall into the majority with thissituation. so your options are what i said earlier. if you have a big enough paint chip from them you can do the color match. if it's going to involve morethan 2 paint mixes i wouldn't do a retouch. but if you want to do the repaint, good luck. just get the 1 oz bottles of angelus paint to mix together to getthe desired color. if you do the repaint, post some pics and tell what colors you mixed. i know there's a lot of nt'ers with this problem who wouldlike to see how it turns out.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

what can i do to make my cdp xi's stp squeaking i tried baby powder but i ont think i did it right or its not working..... thanks in advance pimpjobu
did you remove the insole before you applied the baby powder? if you didn't, then you need to do that.
^^for my man with the flints- i think you tried to look too hard for something on the flints for a fix. if you would of looked back on some of these pages you would of saw what i did on fixing the yellowing on vii's. you would of saw my french blue vii's in some pics. but this is what you do. first, sand down the toe boxes with a fine grit sandpaper. this should remove the yellowing. if the yellowing is really deep, you gonna need to sand it down and do a retouch of white angelus paint. real easy process and not hard to do. problem solved.

definitely possible i have looked too hard. i searched flint vii and didnt think of french's.. thank you for repeating yourself. i'll have to try thatprocess. probably only need to sand down a thin layer to get back to the white, right? im still accepting anyone else's opinions but i will definitely trywhat you said, k r e a m. after sanding down the toes on the vii's do they ever get yellow again? or is this just something JB has put on their kicks assome sort of "finish" that will trick you into buying another pair?

pimpjobu - I have a pair of Lebron Air Zoom Generations in the wheat colorway and they are starting to get dirty. They have a few scuffs here and there,nothing major. What would you recommend I clean them with? Thanks for your help!

for my man with the flint vii's- this is going to happend to all of the vii's with a white toe box. if the yellowing isn't too bad, a lite sandingwill do the job. when you start to sand and get down the layers, then the repaint will come into play.
^show me some pics of the lebrons to tell you what to do with them as far as a cleaner. i'm not too familiar with lebron's so the material used to makethem isn't too fresh in my mind.

yeah i removed the insole i drowned them in baby powder and took out the excess like four times but now only the right shoe is squeaking

what is the closest color to infrared for angelus paint? And should I apply acetone to get ride of all the paint before I paint my crack piece or should I justdo touch up on them?

Originally Posted by Flamboyant:nerd:1

what is the closest color to infrared for angelus paint? And should I apply acetone to get ride of all the paint before I paint my crack piece or should I just do touch up on them?
i asked this question a week or two ago, stevesteve72 came thru for me with the answer of a mixture of white and red angelus paint. just got toexperiment with the mixes to get the desired shade. if the rest of the paint on the shoes is good, i would only just do a touch up on the areas affrected. iwouldn't strip off the paint.

Originally Posted by eeibaby

HOW TO UNFOG THE JORDAN III AIR BUBBLE?
you can try using sea glow to clean up the area and this might work. i tried it on my midnight navy vi's air bubbles. it helped a little bitbut not to the point of being totally clear. other than that, i don't know of any other method that will work

yeah i removed the insole i drowned them in baby powder and took out the excess like four times but now only the right shoe is squeaking
i bet that when you finally break in the xi's, this problem will go away.
for the guy sea glowing the og concords- i hope it turns out good for you. i've stopped trying to sea glow my og concords because of the fact thatthey're old and it's get way too hot in my area. i've already had to apply some shoe goo to fix some of the areas of the sole that have come undonefrom the heat. if you're lucky you'll get some of the blue tint back in the soles, but it won't be totally blue like it was brand new.

Originally Posted by Flamboyant:nerd:1

what is the closest color to infrared for angelus paint? And should I apply acetone to get ride of all the paint before I paint my crack piece or should I just do touch up on them?
i asked this question a week or two ago, stevesteve72 came thru for me with the answer of a mixture of white and red angelus paint. just got to experiment with the mixes to get the desired shade. if the rest of the paint on the shoes is good, i would only just do a touch up on the areas affrected. i wouldn't strip off the paint.
Thanks man.. Would you use fire red or red as the color?

i need help quick!!!! well i was seaglowing my space jams and after about 3 hours i went to check on them and the cArbon fiber plate is up on mY white midsole.it looks like my midsole has loosend up. ANY HELP!!!!

^you might need to get some epoxy glue or some other kind of strong adhesive to get the cf back to it's original position. my concords did this a littlebit when i sea glowed them but went back to it's normal position after it cooled off outside. but your space jams sound a lot worse than my concords. ifit's really a big gap between the midsoles and cf plate, definately get the epoxy glue and use some rubber bands to make a tight hold when glueing it backtogether. but wait and see if the shoe goes back to it's original shape before you do this.

the back tab of my fire red III's are yellowing. anyway to remove this discoloration?

what even causes this BTW?

^ nope. once it goes this way, there's no reversing the process. storage and humidity and weather causes this condition. more moisture in the air and poorstorage techniques help speed up the process. if you really want it white again, your only choice is to repaint.

any suggestions on how to clean the yellow off these polos?

64d26f544f0fb4b46e4cce48da057009e0b9aa2b.pjpg
61a164430f4d6dcf4471bec2c81c73b930f4dc06.pjpg

^ nope. once it goes this way, there's no reversing the process. storage and humidity and weather causes this condition. more moisture in the air and poor storage techniques help speed up the process. if you really want it white again, your only choice is to repaint.

damn. none of my other III's are like that.

I guess its because both pairs of my fire reds are from other people.

being the 2nd owner FTL.

1zdykgl.jpg
2ytzndy.jpg

23idkro.jpg
Can I just seaglow the netting? Whats the best way for getting rid of the yellowed toe box? Alsowill seaglowing the soles do anything at this stage? Any suggestions or help with these would be greatly appreciated.

YOU SHOULD REPAINT THE TOE BOX AND I THINK SEA GLOWING THE NETTING WILL MESS IT UP..... JUST ASKING BUT WHAT SIZE ARE THOSE I LOST ON THOSE OFF EBAY I WASBIDDING ON SOME THAT LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE THAT.....

Back
Top Bottom