:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by nkey07

size 13, won them off eBay about a week ago. So bleach wouldn't work for the toe box?
naw itll only make it worse...... (if i wouldve known that earlier)
nope those werent them i was bidding on a size 9

damn so many questions in like a day! well let me help out-
nyrealhiphop, for those polos the yellow soles might be fixed with seaglow. just test a small spot to see if it will help remove it. what i did with my puremoney iv's from 2000 is this- i got them for dirt cheap, like $40 and the only thing that sucked about them was they were yellowed to hell around the toeboxes. with painted toe boxes with white color the sea glow won't work because it will stain that area. if the area is hard white rubber, not painted, thenthe sea glow will work. so if you have some sea glow around your place, it's worth a shot to try it out. if it doesn't work, here's something elseyou can try. on the areas where i couldn't get out the yellowing, i did a lite sanding to the areas to remove the yellowing on the top surface. use a finegrit sandpaper for a job like this. if it's real deep with the yellowing and you can't stand the sight of it, sand it down and repaint with angeluspaint.
for the laney v's- sea glow will work for the netting, just be careful when applying so it won't make a mess and stain the areas. sea glow will alsowork for the toe boxes since this area should be a hard white rubber and not painted. if it is painted, just strip it and repaint with white angelus paint.don't do the bleaching because it will weaken the shoe. as far as seaglowing the soles, it will work but it's going to take a lot to remove that muchyellowing. the question is do you want to spend the time and money to get them clear again? if you want to make them look clean, then do it.

Originally Posted by RLAK824

I finished seaglowing my og concords it helped a little but the barkeepers friendly really worked

Glad to see they turned out good, I wouldn't use Barkeepers though. There are so many horror stories about how they leave black marks, if you are going todo another pair I suggest you try out "Sonic Scrubber" which they sale at Walgreens

damn pimp....... i see you hard at work...... i havent been in this thread in a while. Ill see if i can help you out wit the next barrage of questions.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

damn pimp....... i see you hard at work...... i havent been in this thread in a while. Ill see if i can help you out wit the next barrage of questions.
appreciate the help andfattoo. sometimes i feel i'm answering the same questions just rehashed and reworded differently
laugh.gif
. you're more than welcome to answer questions, too.

how do you guys clean your kicks after a wear? just the soles basically i guess, quite a few of my kicks that i wear are pretty, except for the soles. anyadvice?

You can just get a wet rag and wipe off the soles and then dry them off. If you get any extra dirt on them, just buy a sneaker cleaner and use that. Dependingon how much i like the actually shoe depends on how "anal" i am about them being clean and where i walk in them. But simple maintenance should do thetrick.

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by andfattoo

appreciate the help andfattoo. sometimes i feel i'm answering the same questions just rehashed and reworded differently
laugh.gif
. you're more than welcome to answer questions, too.

lol.... yea, youre right after reading the past few pages of posts. I guess some people dont have the time to read a few pages, or just too lazy.

this probably been talked about a hundred times but i have no patience to flip thru all the pages .. my citrus 7s have been let say "introduced" towater a few too many times and now they are faded.. i have tried to steam clean them but to no avail.. i dunno bout the baby oil so well have heard pros andcons. il post some pics but any help to darken/restore the suede??

Originally Posted by hoardinjordANZ

this probably been talked about a hundred times but i have no patience to flip thru all the pages .. my citrus 7s have been let say "introduced" to water a few too many times and now they are faded.. i have tried to steam clean them but to no avail.. i dunno bout the baby oil so well have heard pros and cons. il post some pics but any help to darken/restore the suede??
try the suede/nubuck cleaners first, then water repellent spray to try to get back some of the darker color back. if it doesn't work, then dothe baby oil. i think the steam cleaning to the suede areas might have damaged it imo.

I GOT A PAIR OF COLUMBIA 11s THE PATINT LEATHER IS SLIGHTLY YELOWING WHAT CAN I USE TO CLEAR THAT UP?????? I wanna make them as white as possible

Anyone got advice for painting the midsole on some Fire Red IIIs? Paint is chipping like crazy and want to fix it.. I'll post pics tomorrow if needed.

Originally Posted by hoardinjordANZ

this probably been talked about a hundred times but i have no patience to flip thru all the pages .. my citrus 7s have been let say "introduced" to water a few too many times and now they are faded.. i have tried to steam clean them but to no avail.. i dunno bout the baby oil so well have heard pros and cons. il post some pics but any help to darken/restore the suede??
try the suede/nubuck cleaners first, then water repellent spray to try to get back some of the darker color back. if it doesn't work, then do the baby oil. i think the steam cleaning to the suede areas might have damaged it imo.

same thing happend to the toe of my black stealth 23s , i took them to my local shoe repair spot and the guy cleaned and re- died the suede for me back toblack for 10$ , they look awsome !!! dam near ds again .

my friend has a pair of IV's and the netting and the rubber part of the midsole are terribly yellowed. it's only on one shoe, too, which is weird.maybe it was a window display and the sun destroyed it, I don't know. anyhow, I've read through this a little and want to confirm if this is the rightthing to do:

for the netting, oxyclean and a toothbrush should whiten it again. or will it just whiten the mesh underneath the netting? is this area seaglowable?

for the midsole, would seaglow work? magic eraser? I saw somebody post before and after of seaglow on the rubber sole of an AF1 and it seemed to work great.the rubber on the sole of the 4's is kinda shiny though, will the seaglow affect the luster at all? or magic eraser? any other suggestions? I will try toget a pick of the shoe so you can see how bad it is. thanks for any suggestions!

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Anyone got advice for painting the midsole on some Fire Red IIIs? Paint is chipping like crazy and want to fix it.. I'll post pics tomorrow if needed.
pics not necessary. just depending on how bad the chipping is, your choices is either just do touch-ups in the cracked areas or if it looks likecrap just strip it and repaint these areas. just use acetone to strip off the paint and get angelus paint for the repaint. the good thing for you is that youdon't have to mix colors to get this shade. i know for a fact that fire red is available for sale in it's own shade. not really a hard process torepaint, just take the time to prep and clean the areas. good luck.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

my friend has a pair of IV's and the netting and the rubber part of the midsole are terribly yellowed. it's only on one shoe, too, which is weird. maybe it was a window display and the sun destroyed it, I don't know. anyhow, I've read through this a little and want to confirm if this is the right thing to do:

for the netting, oxyclean and a toothbrush should whiten it again. or will it just whiten the mesh underneath the netting? is this area seaglowable?

for the midsole, would seaglow work? magic eraser? I saw somebody post before and after of seaglow on the rubber sole of an AF1 and it seemed to work great. the rubber on the sole of the 4's is kinda shiny though, will the seaglow affect the luster at all? or magic eraser? any other suggestions? I will try to get a pick of the shoe so you can see how bad it is. thanks for any suggestions!
i wish i knew which pair of iv's it was, but i'm assuming either pure money, white/cement, mars, etc. for the netting the oxyclean andtoothbrush will do the job. netting is not sea glow applicable. will damage the netting. as far as the midsoles, no. this is a painted area and the sea glowwill damage the paint and stain the foam midsoles. you best bet is using magic eraser. it will help but i don't know how bad the yellowing is on the shoeto tell you if it will remove all of it. if it's the toe box is solid white rubber, not painted white, then sea glow will work to remove the yellow. if theback midsoles is yellowed where the foam is, then only do the magic eraser and no sea glow. hope this helps you.

Originally Posted by Xavier23

I GOT A PAIR OF COLUMBIA 11s THE PATINT LEATHER IS SLIGHTLY YELOWING WHAT CAN I USE TO CLEAR THAT UP?????? I wanna make them as white as possible
last time i answer this question. if anyone else asks this question after i answer it for you, then it's time to do some research and lookthrough these pages. NOTHING can clear this up! the yellowing has already begun and there's no way to reverse it. cleaners like sea glow, magic eraser,leather wipes, basic shoe cleaners, acetone, etc. won't do anything to help. only thing you can do if you really want it white is to repaint it. sorry.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

my friend has a pair of IV's and the netting and the rubber part of the midsole are terribly yellowed. it's only on one shoe, too, which is weird. maybe it was a window display and the sun destroyed it, I don't know. anyhow, I've read through this a little and want to confirm if this is the right thing to do:

for the midsole, would seaglow work? magic eraser? I saw somebody post before and after of seaglow on the rubber sole of an AF1 and it seemed to work great. the rubber on the sole of the 4's is kinda shiny though, will the seaglow affect the luster at all? or magic eraser? any other suggestions? I will try to get a pick of the shoe so you can see how bad it is. thanks for any suggestions!
i wish i knew which pair of iv's it was, but i'm assuming either pure money, white/cement, mars, etc. for the netting the oxyclean and toothbrush will do the job. netting is not sea glow applicable. will damage the netting. as far as the midsoles, no. this is a painted area and the sea glow will damage the paint and stain the foam midsoles. you best bet is using magic eraser. it will help but i don't know how bad the yellowing is on the shoe to tell you if it will remove all of it. if it's the toe box is solid white rubber, not painted white, then sea glow will work to remove the yellow. if the back midsoles is yellowed where the foam is, then only do the magic eraser and no sea glow. hope this helps you.
thank you! they are actually the women's sand/white/blue joints and they are pretty badly yellowed. the toe does look painted as opposed torubber, being that it has a shiny luster to it. i'll tell my friend to grab the oxy and toothbrush for the netting and try magic eraser for the rubbermidsole. i guess worst case scenario he can strip the paint from the rubber and repaint. we'll give it a shot. thanks again!

does sea glow work on grade school clear sole? because i been cleaing my laney v and they still not icey but a lot cleaner than before

can anyone tell me what should i do? because my sea glow job is taking way too long and im not seeing nothing special

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

pics not necessary. just depending on how bad the chipping is, your choices is either just do touch-ups in the cracked areas or if it looks like crap just strip it and repaint these areas. just use acetone to strip off the paint and get angelus paint for the repaint. the good thing for you is that you don't have to mix colors to get this shade. i know for a fact that fire red is available for sale in it's own shade. not really a hard process to repaint, just take the time to prep and clean the areas. good luck.

thanks man. any websites that sell the paint?

edit: Also is there a special brush that I should use?

Back
Top Bottom