:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

I am looking for some seaglow! If anyone has any extra or a new bottle they dont want please pm me. i would order from the online site but i need it soon.thanks!

Originally Posted by HipHopJunkie

How would I clean the tongue on midnight 6's? Will Oxy Clean Max Force work?
i'm assuming you're talking about the white part of the tongue, correct? yeah, if it's really dingy looking and regular shoe cleanersdidn't work for you, then oxyclean should work just fine. worst case scenario if it doesn't cut it for you is to use some bleach and dilute it withwater so it's not too strong and use that to clean the tongue on the vi's.

Originally Posted by Diab0531

I am looking for some seaglow! If anyone has any extra or a new bottle they dont want please pm me. i would order from the online site but i need it soon. thanks!
if you're located in nocal, which i think you are, check out a store called "tap plastics". they carry seaglow there so if you needit asap you can pic it up there. you can always check out the islandgirlproducts web site for other stores that sell it within your area.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Does anyone know how to clean the mesh on XI's without using Barkeeper's Friend? I need to clean some Concords.
yes. you can get rit whitner. it will be located with the clothes dyes whereever you choose to buy it. just follow the instructions. it's aliquid so it's not as harsh as bkf. small bottle so it should last you a couple of cleanings.

Is it posable to clear soles with Goof-Off?? I read earlier in the thread that u can but i cudnt find any more information, it just said that it kept themicier a lot longer. Is there a procedure for this??? Any info would b much appreciated. Thanks

Originally Posted by Chief Ediri

I don't know if the thread is strictly Jordans only, but I'm going to ask anyways.

Is there anything I can buy or use to get rid of the yellowing on the midsole on some all-white Air Force 1's? I don't feel like buying a new pair every single year, so if there is anything to stop me from doing that, I would love it.

try sanding it down a little...or try using acetone, put a little on a cotton ball and LIGHTLY rub it on the midsole..

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

How would I clean the tongue on midnight 6's? Will Oxy Clean Max Force work?
i'm assuming you're talking about the white part of the tongue, correct? yeah, if it's really dingy looking and regular shoe cleaners didn't work for you, then oxyclean should work just fine. worst case scenario if it doesn't cut it for you is to use some bleach and dilute it with water so it's not too strong and use that to clean the tongue on the vi's.

Yea I was talkin bout the white part. I tried Spray and Wash but didnt work that good Im going to buy some Oxyclean tomorrow and see how that goes. Thanks forthe help.

can anyone explain to me step by step on how to use barkeepers friend ? i tried it on the upper mesh of my lowtop XIs but im not really getting any results andi feel like im not doing it right .

Originally Posted by Faustoxd

can anyone explain to me step by step on how to use barkeepers friend ? i tried it on the upper mesh of my lowtop XIs but im not really getting any results and i feel like im not doing it right .
i feel like i explain this topic so many times but why not i'm bored. first, go to the store and buy these items- a can of barkeeper'sfriend, a toothbrush if you don't have an extra one, and a towel or rag to wipe off the residue. now that we got our materials we're ready to performsome magic. now get the bkf and pour some into a bowl or cup or whatever you want to hold it into. next add some water to the bkf. the key to this is to get amixture that is similar to paste in texture. it shouldn't be too thick or too watery in texture. after doing this put some on the toothbrush and start tobrush in into the mesh areas of your xi's to remove the yellowing. after getting the yellow out of the mesh get the towel or rag and make it wet. use thewet towel or rag to go over the areas that you just cleaned with the bkf to remove any leftover residue on the shoes. when you've removed all of it off theshoes, let it dry out. you should see better results than before. i bet you another person will ask the same question just worded differently within a coupleof weeks in this thread. it never fails.

what do you use to prolong yellowing on Vs and XIs?
ohwell.gif

edit: Found it, but How do you apply the yellow armor all and how long does the protection last?

Originally Posted by Faustoxd

can anyone explain to me step by step on how to use barkeepers friend ? i tried it on the upper mesh of my lowtop XIs but im not really getting any results and i feel like im not doing it right .
i feel like i explain this topic so many times but why not i'm bored. first, go to the store and buy these items- a can of barkeeper's friend, a toothbrush if you don't have an extra one, and a towel or rag to wipe off the residue. now that we got our materials we're ready to perform some magic. now get the bkf and pour some into a bowl or cup or whatever you want to hold it into. next add some water to the bkf. the key to this is to get a mixture that is similar to paste in texture. it shouldn't be too thick or too watery in texture. after doing this put some on the toothbrush and start to brush in into the mesh areas of your xi's to remove the yellowing. after getting the yellow out of the mesh get the towel or rag and make it wet. use the wet towel or rag to go over the areas that you just cleaned with the bkf to remove any leftover residue on the shoes. when you've removed all of it off the shoes, let it dry out. you should see better results than before. i bet you another person will ask the same question just worded differently within a couple of weeks in this thread. it never fails.

i did all of that before and waited a night for it to dry out and this morning the mesh didnt really whiten too much . sorry for asking but i did everythingright . maybe the mixture is wrong ? any exact measures or amounts for bfk : water ?

Yo pimp have u cleaned a pair of xi with bkf and rit whitner if so which is better i mean the bkf works but u have to do it right it took me like threetimes b4 i got it right

Originally Posted by HOMERXXI

Yo pimp have u cleaned a pair of xi with bkf and rit whitner if so which is better i mean the bkf works but u have to do it right it took me like three times b4 i got it right
i have both the bkf and rit whitner at home. i've used both and imo i prefer using bkf just because of the simple fact it doesn't take aslong to use and apply compared to rit. rit is great don't get me wrong, but i feel like i'm cooking meth on the stove trying to get it ready to use. asfar as harshness is concerned, bkf is a little more ruff compared to rit. with everything, it takes time and practice before you know exactly the right amountfor the bkf and water ratio. and faustoxd, the mixture you're trying to get with bkf is a paste. if it appears to be too lumpy or dry, then add more water.if there's too much water, just add a little more bkf to correct it. you'll have it down before you know it.

Originally Posted by JLking

what do you use to prolong yellowing on Vs and XIs?
ohwell.gif

edit: Found it, but How do you apply the yellow armor all and how long does the protection last?

buy the armor all with the premoisten towels. easiest way to apply it. don't know how long it will last because i don't use it, but it should last youa couple weeks before you need to re-apply again. but if you wear them a lot will also factor into how often you have to put another coat on again.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

Does anyone know how to clean the mesh on XI's without using Barkeeper's Friend? I need to clean some Concords.
yes. you can get rit whitner. it will be located with the clothes dyes whereever you choose to buy it. just follow the instructions. it's a liquid so it's not as harsh as bkf. small bottle so it should last you a couple of cleanings.

Does the Rit Whitner cure yellowing on the mesh also?

Whats a good way to clean the nike dunk lundys? got dust stains. the laser material is really sensitive to water. i dont want it to smear. should i use dustoff?? thanks in advance.

The Rit Whitner that I got was in a box that has a packet. Do I just add water and use a brush? Also, do I need sunlight, or does it just dry?

There is a scratch on the toe of my 6s and I was wondering if their is anyway to smooth it out? Will it cover up when I paint with Angelus or is their somethinI could use before I paint? The leather is like shredded..
2qu5i4l.jpg

Same with the side of the shoe the leather feels real soft and looks fuzzy
b7hn6f.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics... iphone
smh.gif

i got the perfect mixture for the bkf : water now but it still hasnt shown many results . how long should i scrub the mesh ? 30 minutes , 1 hour + ?

There is a scratch on the toe of my 6s and I was wondering if their is anyway to smooth it out? Will it cover up when I paint with Angelus or is their somethin I could use before I paint? The leather is like shredded..

Same with the side of the shoe the leather feels real soft and looks fuzzy

Sorry for the bad pics...
smh.gif
you can use a little acetone of the are of the scratch and then repaint, it may not work good tho because the toebox looks older and is not whiteanymore, so the paint will look off.

fot he other area, you can try just straight paint, but like i said its going to stand out a lot.

Back
Top Bottom