:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

Originally Posted by bigfatmoose

Is there a thread that shows just restoration?
sneaker showcase....

its called, post restorations, you may need to go 3 pages deep, sometimes it falls.

Originally Posted by Matt53

Has anyone done a color match for military IVs?
nope. just have a color match done at lowe's or home depot. just take a sample over there and they'll tell you what paints you need.

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

The Rit Whitner that I got was in a box that has a packet. Do I just add water and use a brush? Also, do I need sunlight, or does it just dry?

follow the directions. i know for the rit i have at home all you have to do is add a couple of capfuls to some water in the sink and a little detergent. justuse a toothbrush for best results. no sunlight necessary, just let it dry outside.

Originally Posted by Faustoxd

i got the perfect mixture for the bkf : water now but it still hasnt shown many results . how long should i scrub the mesh ? 30 minutes , 1 hour + ?
wow, you're really putting some effort into this. you should see results after about 5-10 minutes. maybe time to use some bleach diluted withwater or maybe rit.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

Originally Posted by HipHopJunkie

There is a scratch on the toe of my 6s and I was wondering if their is anyway to smooth it out? Will it cover up when I paint with Angelus or is their somethin I could use before I paint? The leather is like shredded..

Same with the side of the shoe the leather feels real soft and looks fuzzy

Sorry for the bad pics...
smh.gif
you can use a little acetone of the are of the scratch and then repaint, it may not work good tho because the toebox looks older and is not white anymore, so the paint will look off.

fot he other area, you can try just straight paint, but like i said its going to stand out a lot.

I was actually going to paint the whole shoe cuz their real beat up. So what exactly does the ace tone do?

Originally Posted by pimpjobu

Originally Posted by Matt53

Has anyone done a color match for military IVs?
nope. just have a color match done at lowe's or home depot. just take a sample over there and they'll tell you what paints you need.
Thanks pimp, i'm on it

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

There is a scratch on the toe of my 6s and I was wondering if their is anyway to smooth it out? Will it cover up when I paint with Angelus or is their somethin I could use before I paint? The leather is like shredded..

Same with the side of the shoe the leather feels real soft and looks fuzzy

Sorry for the bad pics...
smh.gif
you can use a little acetone of the are of the scratch and then repaint, it may not work good tho because the toebox looks older and is not white anymore, so the paint will look off.

fot he other area, you can try just straight paint, but like i said its going to stand out a lot.

I was actually going to paint the whole shoe cuz their real beat up. So what exactly does the ace tone do?
the acetone acts as a primer for the paint. whenever you paint anything, first you add a layer of primer so the coat of paint your applying willstick and hold better to the surface being treated with paint. and it also helps remove the old paint so the repaint is easier.

Originally Posted by THEFRESHESTWHITEBOY301

does any one know how to get the creases out of the black cat 3's in the toe box?
stuff toebox, stuff it fat!!!
grin.gif

thats the only way, cause you cant use a iron.....i heard putting em in a freezer works tho....but it drys out glue so beware...

looks like you did a decent job on those 4s, good job....

clean up the edges tho and you will be better off, might want to use a finisher too.

how do u use the barkeepers friend on the XI's it only shows the before and after, do u use a soft cloth and rub out the stains and do u use a toothbrushwith it also, help is def apprieciated if u did this process before

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

how do u use the barkeepers friend on the XI's it only shows the before and after, do u use a soft cloth and rub out the stains and do u use a toothbrush with it also, help is def apprieciated if u did this process before
toothbrush.....then you might want to clean off with some water...

Yo for the bar keepers friend, its just the powder that i buy right? Can I buy it at normal stores i.e. Target, Rite Aid, Super Markets?

Originally Posted by swishasweets

Yo for the bar keepers friend, its just the powder that i buy right? Can I buy it at normal stores i.e. Target, Rite Aid, Super Markets?
correct. the powder in a can. and you can pick it up at super markets, target, wal-mart, etc. just look for it with the cleaners, should be nearcomet and other kitchen cleaners.

is the mesh on a pair of XIs supposed to be hard and rough after the proccess of BKF is done? i dont really like it

Retro iv began to crack after a few wears on the soles, is there a way to cover the cracks with something? and if I keep wearing em will they have no paint atall? XD Someone help me, reply or pm please!

Originally Posted by bigfatmoose

Retro iv began to crack after a few wears on the soles, is there a way to cover the cracks with something? and if I keep wearing em will they have no paint at all? XD Someone help me, reply or pm please!
ok first off...

paint crack or sole crack....

IF paint crack hen you can repaint...

IF sole crack then its tough...you can glue, sand,repaint ( harder than it sounds tho)

Originally Posted by Faustoxd

is the mesh on a pair of XIs supposed to be hard and rough after the proccess of BKF is done? i dont really like it
gotta clean it off....i think pimp went over it a couple of pages ago..

Back
Top Bottom