:::OFFICIAL SNEAKER CARE/MAINTENANCE POST::: (It's back!)

bigfatmoose: Angulus leather paint ... Or any other leather paint would be fine as well ...
genetics533: For the sole i use a tooth brush with abit of hot water and soap .. Brush it well then rince with cold water ...
Midsoles magic erazer does the trick ...

If you guys need any help rather people posting here ask me ...

yo pimp, do yo know any way to dye nubuck/swede?

like if the color is fading....i could dye it and have that fresh shoe again. let me know....im willing to take a chance...lol

I NEED SOME SEAGLOW QUICK! I LIVE IN VEGAS AND NOONE SELLS IT HERE. IF YOU HAVE AN EXTRA BOTTLE OR EVEN A USED BOTTLE THAT YOU DONT NEED I WILL BUY IT OFF YOU!I WOULD ORDER FROM ISLANDGIRLPRODUCTS BUT I NEED IT QUICKLY. PLEASE PM ME

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

When I use the rit whitner for the mesh, am I supposed to add a certain detergent?
you know, i just used rit whitner the other day on a pair of og concords i won on ebay. for the detergent, i just used all liquid detergent.nothing special, just make sure you use some detergent to mix with the rit. i just mixed rit, detergent, and water inside of my kitchen sink. mix it around andthen used a toothbrush to apply. came out not too bad, will have to post pics some time after i get done sea-glowing them. rit is not so harsh compared to bkfbut i still prefer bkf just because it makes it a lot whiter imo. hope this helps.

Originally Posted by jakecuevas

yo pimp, do yo know any way to dye nubuck/swede?

like if the color is fading....i could dye it and have that fresh shoe again. let me know....im willing to take a chance...lol
i've been curious about dying suede/nubuck but haven't found a good project yet worthy of this. everyone in the outlet thread beat me tothe dirt cheap women's ice blue viii's that went for like $20 a while back. they would of made a great project to try this on. i know that angeluspaints sells suede/nubuck dye for this kind of project. can't remember off hand how much the dye ran for, but i'm guessing no more than $15 for adecent size bottle. i figure that you know how to paint shoes, so dying shoes shouldn't be so difficult. just got to be careful. my guess is that yourusing a sponge to apply the dye to what you want to recolor or to freshen up. check out turtlefeathers for the selection of colors of dyes available.

Originally Posted by dillinAKAflyguy

how can you repair water damaged/faded suede on the toe box and sides of og laney xiv's?

well you can try and clean it with swede cleaner but that might not fix water damage..

i am going to try and dye a pair of cdp 14s (black obviously) so i guess ill let you no. but with school starting my projects have been slowing down.
sick.gif
tired.gif
ohwell.gif
indifferent.gif
grin.gif
frown.gif
eyes.gif
embarassed.gif

Whats up niketalkers some of yall know me but I coming to share this product with everyone. Today I chose to un-ds my concord 11s so tokeep the soles nice i put a solesavers on my 11s. I will be putting the products on other jordans I have and I will post pics if this thread doesnt get lock.Pics dont give soles no justce.

Before solesaver

Next trace the 11s on the product with a pen now im cutting it

Solesaver on the 11s

Right shoe have solesaver left shoe doesnt

After I wore today

Now Im taking solesavers off soles on 11s still icey

Originally Posted by DickJV

how do you remove creases/wrinkles from XII's?
if its a crease then stuff the toebox, put a towel over the toe box, damp the toe box ....and use a iron, dont press hard and dont leave the ironin one spot for too long....

you can also try freezing it but if you leave i for too long the glue will dry out..

also I picked these up today the red/white paint has faded
frown.gif
any thoughtson where to order the paint from and what kind of brush would I need???
This will be my first attempt at restoration

Good day NT, i just wanna ask what are the chances of a pair of VNDS Retro infra reds crumbling? im having second thoughts buying a pair.

Ive read from other forums the firmness of the sole and the clear bubbles tells if it is wearable. But my friend just bought a pair with the same exactcondition and still saw some cracking after a few wears.

I dont want to spend alot and see my grails crumble on me. any advice or tip? Thanks.

Originally Posted by jason16

Good day NT, i just wanna ask what are the chances of a pair of VNDS Retro infra reds crumbling? im having second thoughts buying a pair.

Ive read from other forums the firmness of the sole and the clear bubbles tells if it is wearable. But my friend just bought a pair with the same exact condition and still saw some cracking after a few wears.

I dont want to spend alot and see my grails crumble on me. any advice or tip? Thanks.

In a similar fashion, does anyone know for sure, that is, they've made this purchase recently and can vouch for the shoe's overall integrity when beingworn, if DS 2001 True Blue 3s are wearable ? ? ? ?

I've never had any of the Jays that have that crumbling polyeurathane (sp?) midsole that were that old and still DS so IDK what the risk factor wouldbe.... any info appreciated thanx

Back
Top Bottom