Official Soccer Jersey Thread

Originally Posted by SirLuciousLeftFoot

Originally Posted by Rafool

Is there that much of a difference between the kit bag premier league printing and the official printing?

Like, is the printing (numbers) much smaller or just a bit?

It's actually quite a bit smaller, but unless you really care it's no big deal.  The player issue printing is definitely better, but if Kitbag still has that half-off printing deal, it's worth it.

Thanks for the response.

I actually have this year's ManU away with the player issue printing that's why I asked how it compares to it.

Might just get the kit blank and add on the name/numbers later on.

Originally Posted by SirLuciousLeftFoot

Originally Posted by Rafool

Is there that much of a difference between the kit bag premier league printing and the official printing?

Like, is the printing (numbers) much smaller or just a bit?

It's actually quite a bit smaller, but unless you really care it's no big deal.  The player issue printing is definitely better, but if Kitbag still has that half-off printing deal, it's worth it.

Thanks for the response.

I actually have this year's ManU away with the player issue printing that's why I asked how it compares to it.

Might just get the kit blank and add on the name/numbers later on.

Thank you for the few that responded on what club team you follow. I always like to hear the stories of why someone is a fan of a certain team. In choosing an EPL club, i have narrowed it down to Arsenal and Manchester United. Arsenal because my good friend who has helped me re-ignite the love for soccer is a gunner. Manchester United because music is a huge part of me and a lot of artists that i love and impacted me are from Manchester (The Smiths, Joy division/New order) and it dosnt hurt that i love their kits. Ive been told to stay away from Manchester City so they were eliminated. Would like to get some opinions from the futbol lovers in here and i was wondering, is it a common thing to support multiple teams throughout different leagues, with of course only choosing one team within each league. Whether it being "accepted" is not something i care about, but the thought came up while watching Barca in the UEFA champions league and thinking, well i could become a fan of a team from another league but during a tournament like this, i would have two teams that could end up playing each other and of course one has to go, i would be torn, because im use to supporting one team within one league and !*$! everybody else. I feel thats the best thing about sports, or more so, having that one team you support whether they win or lose, and its weird to think you'll have two teams like that which end up playing each other.

anyways, my apologies for the rant, i have a few questions relevant to this thread, Will the 2012 champions league patches be released to the public? Are they always released every year? and when are they usually released? last one, for the teams participating in the champions tournament, do they usually release special kits with the patches already on them to the public?

Thank you for the few that responded on what club team you follow. I always like to hear the stories of why someone is a fan of a certain team. In choosing an EPL club, i have narrowed it down to Arsenal and Manchester United. Arsenal because my good friend who has helped me re-ignite the love for soccer is a gunner. Manchester United because music is a huge part of me and a lot of artists that i love and impacted me are from Manchester (The Smiths, Joy division/New order) and it dosnt hurt that i love their kits. Ive been told to stay away from Manchester City so they were eliminated. Would like to get some opinions from the futbol lovers in here and i was wondering, is it a common thing to support multiple teams throughout different leagues, with of course only choosing one team within each league. Whether it being "accepted" is not something i care about, but the thought came up while watching Barca in the UEFA champions league and thinking, well i could become a fan of a team from another league but during a tournament like this, i would have two teams that could end up playing each other and of course one has to go, i would be torn, because im use to supporting one team within one league and !*$! everybody else. I feel thats the best thing about sports, or more so, having that one team you support whether they win or lose, and its weird to think you'll have two teams like that which end up playing each other.

anyways, my apologies for the rant, i have a few questions relevant to this thread, Will the 2012 champions league patches be released to the public? Are they always released every year? and when are they usually released? last one, for the teams participating in the champions tournament, do they usually release special kits with the patches already on them to the public?

as far as the patches, kits go, usually te patches can be purchased and some places even do the printing for them during the semi's and finals. I know last year they did for Barca/United.

As far as supporting multiple teams, I personally support:

EPL: Man U
MLS: Galaxy (grew up a Beckham fan) But I am also following the Timbers and Sounders. The Northeast US has great fans as far as footie and MLS goes.
J-League: Kashima Antlers
International: Brazil 1st, England 2nd. Being part brazillian/portuguese, the Yellow and Green will always be my team, but alot of my favorite players now and growing up were english so they are my second favorite.

I honestly despise La Liga and Serie A but If someone made me choose a team for those it would most likely be Real Madrid because of Zidane, Becks, Ronaldo, and many of my favorite players growing up and admired play there. I also really like Jose Mourinho even though the last couple years he has appeared far more weasely and underhanded. For Serie A I would probably pick Palermo cuz of the pink kits haha, it was always a joke with me and my younger brother. Bundesliga doesn't even exist to me lol. I honestly don't follow as many football teams simply because as a fan, I already watch every other sport and have chosen a team and I'm pushing like 12 teams I follow, any more and I think my phone and espn account would blow up.

I see you have great taste in music, I'll simply add if you aren't a Manc, you're a wank.

as far as the patches, kits go, usually te patches can be purchased and some places even do the printing for them during the semi's and finals. I know last year they did for Barca/United.

As far as supporting multiple teams, I personally support:

EPL: Man U
MLS: Galaxy (grew up a Beckham fan) But I am also following the Timbers and Sounders. The Northeast US has great fans as far as footie and MLS goes.
J-League: Kashima Antlers
International: Brazil 1st, England 2nd. Being part brazillian/portuguese, the Yellow and Green will always be my team, but alot of my favorite players now and growing up were english so they are my second favorite.

I honestly despise La Liga and Serie A but If someone made me choose a team for those it would most likely be Real Madrid because of Zidane, Becks, Ronaldo, and many of my favorite players growing up and admired play there. I also really like Jose Mourinho even though the last couple years he has appeared far more weasely and underhanded. For Serie A I would probably pick Palermo cuz of the pink kits haha, it was always a joke with me and my younger brother. Bundesliga doesn't even exist to me lol. I honestly don't follow as many football teams simply because as a fan, I already watch every other sport and have chosen a team and I'm pushing like 12 teams I follow, any more and I think my phone and espn account would blow up.

I see you have great taste in music, I'll simply add if you aren't a Manc, you're a wank.

As far as the champions league patches. I remember last year when worldsoccershop and other sites released barca and man u kits with the champions league final match detail on the chest. Other than that I see a few champions league name/number kits floating around but no patches really. I would love if they released champions league kits with both patches on the sleeves. If were all giving our teams this is where I fit in... La Liga- Barcelona all the way. EPL - Arsenal or Chelsea. I'm totally down with supporting more than one team in a league, just my opinion though. If I had to pick though, probably Chelsea.
EDIT: I just checked worldsoccershop and they do have the Chelsea champions league kit, not sure if they have any other teams though 

As far as the champions league patches. I remember last year when worldsoccershop and other sites released barca and man u kits with the champions league final match detail on the chest. Other than that I see a few champions league name/number kits floating around but no patches really. I would love if they released champions league kits with both patches on the sleeves. If were all giving our teams this is where I fit in... La Liga- Barcelona all the way. EPL - Arsenal or Chelsea. I'm totally down with supporting more than one team in a league, just my opinion though. If I had to pick though, probably Chelsea.
EDIT: I just checked worldsoccershop and they do have the Chelsea champions league kit, not sure if they have any other teams though 

my teams in no particular order

EPL- Man U followed them the early Becks day w/Keane being the linch pin that held the defense together.
La Liga- Real- Raul was that dude for me. Him, Zidane, Carlos,  et.al
               Barca- just recently because of their fluid smooth passing
MLS- none
Serie A- Forza Milan, Roma, and the old Lady- mainly Milan because of Paolo Maldini. I don't know why defenders was an attraction as opposed to goal scorers.
Bundesliga- none, maybe Bayern Munich  or Bayer Leverkusen

my teams in no particular order

EPL- Man U followed them the early Becks day w/Keane being the linch pin that held the defense together.
La Liga- Real- Raul was that dude for me. Him, Zidane, Carlos,  et.al
               Barca- just recently because of their fluid smooth passing
MLS- none
Serie A- Forza Milan, Roma, and the old Lady- mainly Milan because of Paolo Maldini. I don't know why defenders was an attraction as opposed to goal scorers.
Bundesliga- none, maybe Bayern Munich  or Bayer Leverkusen

Mine:

EPL- Man U, mainly due to chicharitos arrival.

La Liga- Real Madrid(dont like barcelona at all)

Bundesliga- Bayern Muchen 

MLS- Dc United, local team, Etcheverry
pimp.gif

Serie A- ROMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mine:

EPL- Man U, mainly due to chicharitos arrival.

La Liga- Real Madrid(dont like barcelona at all)

Bundesliga- Bayern Muchen 

MLS- Dc United, local team, Etcheverry
pimp.gif

Serie A- ROMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I've always had a few jerseys here and there but this year started gathering some actual legit player jerseys. Much much cooler than just blank jerseys. The Muller I got from my sister who just moved to Munich
pimp.gif
. It's the sickest jersey I've ever had. Can't tell in the pics but it has the CL and Respect patches and was purchased at Allianz.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
The Ozil and Ribery were blanks that I customized with namesets from eBay. Cost $2 bucks a piece for local soccer shop to apply them. I sort of wish I'd gotten Zidane or Henry because I don't love the way "22" looks. Takes up too much space on the front. Oh well.

34hzac0.jpg

v4nwk7.jpg

I've always had a few jerseys here and there but this year started gathering some actual legit player jerseys. Much much cooler than just blank jerseys. The Muller I got from my sister who just moved to Munich
pimp.gif
. It's the sickest jersey I've ever had. Can't tell in the pics but it has the CL and Respect patches and was purchased at Allianz.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
The Ozil and Ribery were blanks that I customized with namesets from eBay. Cost $2 bucks a piece for local soccer shop to apply them. I sort of wish I'd gotten Zidane or Henry because I don't love the way "22" looks. Takes up too much space on the front. Oh well.

34hzac0.jpg

v4nwk7.jpg

That green jersey is sick! Mind if I ask where you found it? I saw a couple on eBay but the legit ones seem to be $100+.

That green jersey is sick! Mind if I ask where you found it? I saw a couple on eBay but the legit ones seem to be $100+.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Got mine from World Soccer Shop. They, along with Soccer.com should still have loads of them. 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Got mine from World Soccer Shop. They, along with Soccer.com should still have loads of them. 

adidas is killing me by not releasing long sleeves in these jerseys... want germanys and spains (home) new kits...

Back
Top Bottom