Official Soccer Jersey Thread

But the home authentic doesn't say climacool. The black authentic feels exactly like the replica version, whereas the home authentic's material is finer.
^^ like he says

i think it all depends from where the jersey is manufactured.

I have a few Adidas player issues and some say Climacool on the neck, as well as some without any Climacool logo on it.

Some sizing are in lettered like S,M,L,XL and some i have are in number sizes.

im 100% certain the large sponsor logo on the front of these jerseys is the reason why I just can't get into them the way I do with NBA/NHL/NFL/MLB jerseys. Can you imagine sponsor-free futbol jerseys?? My pockets would be in trouble.
there are a abundance of teams with no sposors i.e. Lazio, Roma, Sevilla, Valencia, Fiorentina...I could literally go on for days.

Heck! Even some MLS teams have no sponsors this year hence San Jose and Toronto FC

TFC has a sponsor, FWIW.

hmm well I'm completely confused haha. @SFphoto  mentioned this as well.  I wish there was a way to get the black player issue version. Why call it authentic when its not what the players actually wear? The replicas/authentics are the same thing, but one has 2 more iron-on patches and costs $30 more.

And yeah sorry if I sound like a total noob but I hate when a company cuts corners like this and calls a "replica" an authentic. I collect jerseys in other sports and adidas is doing the same thing in basketball and hockey (reebok).
  •  

hmm well I'm completely confused haha. @SFphoto
 mentioned this as well.  I wish there was a way to get the black player issue version. Why call it authentic when its not what the players actually wear? The replicas/authentics are the same thing, but one has 2 more iron-on patches and costs $30 more.

And yeah sorry if I sound like a total noob but I hate when a company cuts corners like this and calls a "replica" an authentic. I collect jerseys in other sports and adidas is doing the same thing in basketball and hockey (reebok).
  •  

It's the same shirt that the players would wear bro but it's just small differences on the tag.

Look at the top two Chelsea shirts I posted, those are straight from the kit room and are the ones the player would wear.

The bottom one is the commercial player jersey but it's still the same other then the size not being in numbers like the top two.

MLS templates are different but you got too understand that a kit room player issue jersey is not different at all from the commercial authentic jersey other then just the tag.

Ah ok. Kinda wierd that the home and away would be of different materials. Thanks for all the explanations, I'll stop clogging the thread. Gotta find a picture of an away team issue matching the commercial authentic to ease my mind.

Ah ok. Kinda wierd that the home and away would be of different materials. Thanks for all the explanations, I'll stop clogging the thread. Gotta find a picture of an away team issue matching the commercial authentic to ease my mind.

Keep in mind man the home is practically a 14/15 jersey which I don't have any commercial authentication from that season so I can't tell you if any of them say the 'climacool' on the neck and the away is from the 15/16 set of templates so it might just be Adidas being weird with the templates and yeah there is plenty of people with the NYCFC jerseys on here to compare.

Last edited:
Also if you feel real sketch about a jersey check the wash tags.

Look for the serial number.

btw @williamp  i want that away kit :frown:

sold out so quick on CFS in my size

Also if you feel real sketch about a jersey check the wash tags.
Look for the serial number.

btw @williamp
 i want that away kit :frown:
sold out so quick on CFS in my size

I just realized mine has a hole in the neck :frown:

I have worn it to play though many of times! They still have my size though so I might pick it up again!

I just realized mine has a hole in the neck :frown:

I have worn it to play though many of times! They still have my size though so I might pick it up again!

I literally do a complete run down on all of my jerseys once i get them. Picked up a BNWT Lazio Klose from CFS a while back and it had a huge hole in the neck as well.

Last edited:
I just realized mine has a hole in the neck
frown.gif

I literally do a complete run down on all of my jerseys once i get them. Picked up a BNWT Lazio Klose from CFS a while back and it had a huge hole in the neck as well.
wtf guys lol.. how did the hole even get there?

you're scaring me now.

playing in a player issue jersey feels real nice though :smile:

But when its too tight its a bit uncomfortable lol

Guess I won't be copping the Juventus third kit. They decided to go with

Instead of

The black on gold netting absolutely ruins the jersey for me. And Adidas has the sponsor less version up on their site. A Pogba would've been so dope.

:smh:

Guess I won't be copping the Juventus third kit. They decided to go with

Instead of

The black on gold netting absolutely ruins the jersey for me. And Adidas has the sponsor less version up on their site. A Pogba would've been so dope.

:smh:

the picture of the jersey on the juve team shop is different than the one you posted. it doesnt have any of the gold mesh on the arms or waist area
http://www.juvestore.com/en/juventus-third-jersey-2015-16.html

Hopefully Adidas made a mistake and posted the wrong pic. They also have the sponsor less version posted with the mesh. Hoping its just a mistake on their part.

So yest I found NYCFC away authentics at Modell's and was stoked....until I compared one to my authentic home. I noticed the away authentic felt more like a replica....and then I noticed the climacool in the inside neck!

(no climacool in the home authentic neck)

(yet it says "adizero" at the bottom of the away authentic)

I went back to modells today, and the away replica/authentics were indentical (same material), besides the inaugural patch and the 2nd mls sleeve patch, and that the authentic says adizero on the bottom, which seems like fraudulent advertising.

Pretty pissed at the moment. I'm trying to figure out if every away authentic ever made is really a climacool (I doubt it but haven't seen a real one yet).

Haha wow. I had the exact opposite reaction with my NYCFC jerseys. The away jersey is a MUCH nicer material than the home. And I just pulled both of my authentics out. The away says climacool inside the color. The home does not. I wonder what that means...

Hopefully Adidas made a mistake and posted the wrong pic. They also have the sponsor less version posted with the mesh. Hoping its just a mistake on their part.

the black/gold sponsorless shirt you're talking about is just a training top

wtf guys lol.. how did the hole even get there?
you're scaring me now.

playing in a player issue jersey feels real nice though :smile:
But when its too tight its a bit uncomfortable lol

Who knows, that's how it arrived and that's why I always do a good scan before wearing. CFS was good with an exchange but I've had horrible experiences across the board with WSS/Soccer.com getting shirts with back press jobs, etc.

Who knows, that's how it arrived and that's why I always do a good scan before wearing. CFS was good with an exchange but I've had horrible experiences across the board with WSS/Soccer.com getting shirts with back press jobs, etc.
Yea i check mine as well all the time from bad experiences.
Help: anyone know where i can get this USA flag??
i dont think they sell MLS USA flag separately.

Only player issues come with them from factory i believe.

Back
Top Bottom