Official Spurs vs. Hornets Game 7 5/19 8:30 ET on TNT

laugh.gif
that the thread starter and the first few posts were by fellow Lakers fans! Looking really concerned on who's the next opponent. Nice
pimp.gif

Me personally, I'd rather have the Hornetswin and let the Lakers face them, rather than the Spurs. Dunno. It's just something in me that the Spurs is ascary team come playoffs time. Yeah, they're older and slower this time... but still, it's the defending champion Spurs. Just my opinion though. SoI'll probably root for the Hornets in game 7. ;p

Originally Posted by rhugghed114

laugh.gif
that the thread starter and the first few posts were by fellow Lakers fans! Looking really concerned on who's the next opponent. Nice
pimp.gif

Me personally, I'd rather have the Hornetswin and let the Lakers face them, rather than the Spurs. Dunno. It's just something in me that the Spurs is a scary team come playoffs time. Yeah, they're older and slower this time... but still, it's the defending champion Spurs. Just my opinion though. So I'll probably root for the Hornets in game 7. ;p

Yep, can't wait to find out who we play; been waiting the past couple of days. At the end of the day, the Spurs have experience and three greatplayers, so I think I'd rather face the Hornets, even though they are just as dangerous. I wouldn't mind for this to go to an overtime or twoeither.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

David West at at least 75% equals a Hornets win. He didn't look too good getting helped back to the locker room though.

espn reported d.west was back on the court firing off jumpshots saturday at practice before anyone was on the court. http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/wire?section=nba&id=3401348
dude is gonna be aiight. hornets by 10. oh and to the person who said that they hop it isnt a blow out like the last 6 games...just look at theirseason playing against each other. no matter who wins they have won by like at least 9 pts. i think...:
for example:
[table][tr][td]Fri, Nov 9[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]L 85-97[/td] [td]4-2[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Sat, Jan 26[/td] [td]@ San Antonio[/td] [td]W 102-78[/td] [td]31-12[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Sat, Feb 23[/td] [td]@ San Antonio[/td] [td]L 89-98[/td] [td]37-17[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td]Wed, Mar 12[/td] [td]San Antonio[/td] [td]W 100-75[/td] [td]43-20[/td] [/tr][/table]
like i said hornets by 10.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

@*%+ Parker.
@*%+ Ginobili.
@*%+ Bowen.
@*%+ Duncan.
@*%+ POP.

@*%+ the Spurs as a basketball organization and as a mother $!!%*%+ dynasty.

Let's Get It
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
kiss your mother with that mouth? anyways, this should be a great game. spurs by 8.

I think the key to this game is Tyson Chandler. People don't really realize how much he opens up for the Hornets. You get him in quick foul trouble andyou really really hurt the Hornets. You take away his rebounding, especially offensive, and you take away Paul's favorite play, the alley oop, and withthat gone it lets Bowen focus and close in a little tighter on Peja. What ends up happening with that is you leave lanes for Paul who is so dominant off thedribble he can get into the paint, but you take away their 3 point shooting that way, and you make Paul be the scorer and take all his teammates out of thegame flow. That is how you beat the Hornets.

Spurs are a little tougher because Duncan rarely gets in foul trouble and they have a wild card in Ginobili. Even if Duncan were in foul trouble and you knowwhat Parker can do, Manu just does whatever it takes in a given situation to give them a chance. He can create, he can score from outside, he can get to theline, he's just a pain in the a*^. Peterson has to be huge sticking him tonight or the Spurs could get an advantage. If Chandler stays outta trouble, heneeds to push Duncan as far out of the paint as he can, make him shoot from 14 instead of 12, things like that. Also, when they go to the bench, try to makeDuncan shoot and hopefully miss some free throws, that could slow him in the 4th and have him thinking about his shots instead of what he needs to do.

Spurs have the vet been there done that edge, Hornets will have the crowd energy edge. Hornets with the young legs, Spurs gotta be getting tired type legs.

Robert Horry has a knack for showing up in these games, even when he plays only 4 minutes. If he steps on the floor in the 4th quarter, everyone knows by now,you better watch him, nobody rope a dopes better then big shot.
laugh.gif

I hope the game goes triple OT, I don't care who wins.

Home team is havin a party in pretty much every series. If I had to bet, that is where I would lean.

I want the Hornets to win but I got a bad feeling that the Spurs will pull this game 7 out on the road tonight.

I find it hard to think the Champs will lose a Game 7 vs a team that just discovered playoff ball. I gotta go with experience....

The Spurs are going to play the dirtiest game of the playoffs so far...and still lose
pimp.gif

LAKER FANS YOU DO NOT WANT THE HORNETS
nerd.gif

I do not for the life of me get why alot of you would want the hornets... do you not understand that the hornets can go with us offensively?

The hornets are not old... what happend last time? lakers were blowing them out and then they came back easily WITHOUT Chris Paul on the floor....

and peja......kills us everytime.... for some reason he lights the lakers up now... i guess he still mad abot the lakers smashing the kings everytime...

the lakers can run the spurs off the court.... They cannot however do that to the hornets....

I do not for the life of me get why alot of you would want the hornets... do you not understand that the hornets can go with us offensively?

I would trust the Lakers having home court vs a young Hornets squad vs the veteran Spurs, who would probably steal a home game.

If the Spurs are trailing this game in the 4th quarter, even if its 6 points, I don't think they will win this game. If this game is tied with 3-4 minutesleft, Spurs will win.

I want the Spurs to win for a number of reasons including a heavy wager I put up against someone, but I honestly don't like a few of the Hornets players. Ithink they've gotten full of themselves expecting things to go their way a lot of the time. It's not their time yet.

SPURS!!!

Originally Posted by suprafly36

Im going with Sprus by 3

for some strange reason i'm seeing the exact same thing
tired.gif
BigShot Rob strikes again late

Back
Top Bottom