OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Hopeing that GameStop shares come through with some gains I’m planning on taking some of my equity from when I make a sale and put it with the stock that I’m down a few percent on the shed off the average price range on it this week
Only if it’s up for the day of course don’t want to add more money to something that down for the day

Good luck next week everyone

I can't find any bargains in this market. I missed the Tilray/Canopy runup the past two weeks so that's out of the question.

I have a few long term holds but am not adding any stocks at these prices. The semiconductor sector looks like it is slowing down. Emerging markets are tanking.

Tesla has some major issues. Only $2 Billion in cash with a $40 Billion market cap so the valuation is still absurd for a company with potential cash flow issues.

Borrowing costs are going to be rising with the fed raising interest rates too. I don't see a compelling reason to buy Tesla.

Tesla has some major issues. Only $2 Billion in cash with a $40 Billion market cap so the valuation is still absurd for a company with potential cash flow issues.

Borrowing costs are going to be rising with the fed raising interest rates too. I don't see a compelling reason to buy Tesla.
You don’t need a reason. Cult stock gonna always rise.

Cguy knows what he's talking about here.

I held TSLA from about $210 or so until $325. Sold roughly 6 months ago and never looked back. The valuation is ridiculous and they constantly under deliver.

I can't find any bargains in this market. I missed the Tilray/Canopy runup the past two weeks so that's out of the question.

I have a few long term holds but am not adding any stocks at these prices. The semiconductor sector looks like it is slowing down. Emerging markets are tanking.

Yup, holding a large amount of cash right now and being patient. Sold out my TQQQ for a nice gain right before the nasdaq drop. The unbelievable amount of bullish optimism was my signal to get out.

Could try to gamble on emerging market bounces, or trade the gold miners but I'd rather be patient and see how things play out.

Semi outlook doesn't look good at all, just look at AMAT, MU and LRCX. Lots of potential political and macro economic drama on the horizon through year end with trump, trade negotiations, and the global currency problems, rising rates. Jobs data and earnings are strong but the question is are they in the process of peaking and is it all priced in already. Housing market also slowing down, homebuilders have been getting crushed and demand is dropping. We all know how these cycles work.

Things could get ugly quick, and I want to have as much cash on hand as possible to scoop up the cheap shares while everyone is panicking. My personal opinion is that a massive sell off and drop is coming soon. It's gonna wreck all these new investor who have never lived through a real bear market; but that's where real wealth is made. If the market does keep going up, i'm not complaining either, still have my long term "forever" holdings which I continue to buy more of every single week no matter what.

Bruhhhhh do y’all see Tilray

Cannabis stock has a lot of volatility I got CGC and CRON on my watchlist trying to make a play with CRON was down an couple of cents yesterday from a profit sold some other shares of other stock that I had took that equity after subtracting the profit an bought some more CRON
It was up earlier this morning but it went back down by $1 so I’m jut sitting to see will it go back up
Which I believe it will if not today at least by the end of this week hopefully

Anybody think Apple stock will shoot up after they unvale their new phone and watches

Keeping an eye on these stocks since it's hurricane season. Plan on entering a few until November
Heritage Insurance Holdings
Halliburton Co
Kinder Morgan
Vulcan Materials Co
USA Truck
Quanta Services
Hyatt Hotels

Why those stocks specifically?

Also, RE: Tesla, if you're planning on the short term it's a bad stock to get into. I'm still holding my small number of shares because I believe in the next 3-5 years they will have sorted out their problems and moved into a position of EV and alternate energy dominance. I'm not adding anything else to my position though, unless they see a big decline around the $225 mark. Their valuation, when focused on current fundamentals, is indeed ridiculous.

bought 2 call contracts for SNAP expiring 12/21 at a strike price of $12.

Hopefully good numbers for earnings in november

bought 2 call contracts for SNAP expiring 12/21 at a strike price of $12.

Hopefully good numbers for earnings in november

Ok so will the transaction execute if it get to that before the expiration date and how much are you going to profit off of this

I need to remind myself that AMD is special and should be held until the end of the trading day after hours included

Ok so will the transaction execute if it get to that before the expiration date and how much are you going to profit off of this

I need to remind myself that AMD is special and should be held until the end of the trading day after hours included

still new to trading options but if my understanding is correct, my option will be worthless if it doesn't hit $12 by the expiration date.

However, I can always sell before the expiration date (for example, right now each contract is worth $0.32 x 100 = $32.00) and make a profit (depends on what the contract is worth at the time of the sale.

If SNAP is over $12 before or by the expiration date, it will be $1 x 100 after $12. So if the price of SNAP is $15, I would make $300 ($3 x 100 per contract, so $600 since I have 2 contracts) if i decide not to buy SNAP (I can buy 200 shares of SNAP at $12/share).

Not bad for a $64 risk.

Someone correct me if my understanding is wrong.

still new to trading options but if my understanding is correct, my option will be worthless if it doesn't hit $12 by the expiration date.

However, I can always sell before the expiration date (for example, right now each contract is worth $0.32 x 100 = $32.00) and make a profit (depends on what the contract is worth at the time of the sale.

If SNAP is over $12 before or by the expiration date, it will be $1 x 100 after $12. So if the price of SNAP is $15, I would make $300 ($3 x 100 per contract, so $600 since I have 2 contracts) if i decide not to buy SNAP (I can buy 200 shares of SNAP at $12/share).

Not bad for a $64 risk.

Someone correct me if my understanding is wrong.

What happens if it doesn’t hit that price and it expires

I might make tha play for tomorrow since I have gotten the hang of taking equity into my stock that are down to help shave off the average cost
So I got a extra $100 I can spare to test the waters
I need to learn that anyway

Last edited:
Expires worthless. If it hits $12 tomorrow you can sell the option for probably a buck or two but if you hold it till expiration and it’s still at 12 it’ll be borderline worthless. Intrinsic value = the difference between stock price (if above your strike) and your strike. Extrinsic value is more complicated but based on time and volatility.

Back
Top Bottom