OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

If you literally bought anything in 2010 and the company didn’t go bankrupt you made at least double your money if you held until today. Buy and hold is proven to pay off if you invest in good companies with strong earnings year over year.

Idk how taking profits in stages is silly. You’re literally locking in gains and if you are adding back on dips, you’re winning immensely in the long run. Read William O’Neill’s book if you haven’t.

I feel ya
But nah I’m good

Might still check out that book what’s the title

Is anyone a long term holder in here because I don’t see how y’all do it unless the dividen payout is worth it

It honestly seems like you’re in this for a quick buck. Read O’Neills book like JRS said. This is about building wealth man, put together a sound strategy and run it past JRS and I.

It honestly seems like you’re in this for a quick buck. Read O’Neills book like JRS said. This is about building wealth man, put together a sound strategy and run it past JRS and I.

Buy and hold isn’t the only way to build wealth
The only difference I see between the two is taxes and dividen and not even that you can still get the dividend without being a long time share holder

Buy and hold isn’t the only way to build wealth
The only difference I see between the two is taxes and dividen and not even that you can still get the dividend without being a long time share holder

There’s multiple ways but the plays you have posted seem quite short sighted. You said you were new, think we are just showing you the other side of the coin and helping your education.

There’s multiple ways but the plays you have posted seem quite short sighted. You said you were new, think we are just showing you the other side of the coin and helping your education.

They are short sided but they are all the same we are trying to get the same results

Gonna be honest you probably aren’t hitting $43 in amd by then. If you take the at the money straddle (the prices of the call + put) you have a $6 move being priced in for either direction. My recommendation is either you take profits before expiration if it hits $36, or for the future you buy at the money or in the money options so you can collect deltas. Out of the money options should be utilized primarily for shorter term trades. That’s where you’ll get he highest percentage increase. For example, I love to see what a stock’s atr is and if on average it moves between $1 and $2 I’ll look to buy a weekly option for a day trade or short swing (1-2 days, time decay will kill you otherwise) either .50 or a $1 out of the money and hope it goes into the money. That’s when you can see a .30 contract go to 1.50 and make you a ton of money on a little risk.
I need to learn this

I’m absolutely a long term holder. It’s very rare if I hold something less than a few years at minimum.
This is where I'm at. Stopped short term trading a while ago and haven't looked back. Just building cash reserves atm until the next downturn and sitting on current holdings. Day trading costs too much in stress and taxes for the minimal amount of cash I was (sometimes) making.

All my friends on Wall Street say Oneill's book is actually trash and most of the way he made his money is actually illegal in 2018.

Not gonna leave ya'll hanging, but Millenial Money by James O’Shaughnessy is golden. Realistically there are dozens of good books out there, but this aint crypto with get rich quick schemes.

Last edited:
Well let me rephrase what I said
Because it’s not silly for anyone to take their money and make more money with it EVER

I’m just saying stock trading is a favored preference for me
I got some long term plays that I got going as well with
Apple
Google
Amazon
Coke And others that I only check on a weekly basis when I want to add more money
Like I said you can do both
Those are just my preference

All my friends on Wall Street say Oneill's book is actually trash and most of the way he made his money is actually illegal in 2018.

Not gonna leave ya'll hanging, but Millenial Money by James O’Shaughnessy is golden. Realistically there are dozens of good books out there, but this aint crypto with get rich quick schemes.
The O’Neill book isn’t anything astronomicall at all but it’s a good way for newcomers to understand basic charting and how to deal with long term holdings.

It’s just a book for beginners. My Hedge Fund buddy always recommends it when people find out what he does.

Still watching $CEI. For a big pump. Might happen tomorrow.
Might pull a $ped and $igc type moves 2 days after news.

I'm a long term holder. I hold dividend stocks.

I want to set up something like that for my nephews in the future any info on some cheap shares with good payouts
I think someone put a suggestion on this thread a few pages back but I don’t want to search for it

IGC is definitely being pumped right now.
Traded all of my stocks in for Apple, Microsoft & Cocoa Cola. Also bought some Ethereum Classic.
what do u think of this whole Coca cola being over valued with their earnings dropping yearly now ?
i know they are dividend kings but is the price bound to drop ?

I don’t think they will successful in the CBD industry unless they go ALL IN. They have one foot in and one foot out.

More bullish on Pepsi.

Back
Top Bottom