OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Experience

All honesty that's why it takes over a year to get consistent. Need to be submerged and quick to recognize what potentially could be a pattern with good risk-reward.

Candlestick patterns
smokin.gif
 I like to use them as a basis for recognizing potential up/downswings. It's not the last thing I look at when deciding on what to trade, but it's a good start to see potential short term results and whether you want to look deeper. Candlesticks were my life when I traded (fake) futures for a competition.

And yeah, experience is how you recognize them quick enough to trade like JRS (I dont day trade). But I keep a tab bookmarked still that explains them all cause I still only know a few from the top of my head 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Pardon my lateness:

> APR 14

before

JBHT - JB Hunt Transport Services
JNJ - Johnson & Johnson
JPM - JPMorgan Chase
WFC - Well Fargo Co

after

CSX - CSX corp
INTC - Intel

> APR 15

before

BAC - Bank of America
DAL - Delta air

after

NFLX - Netflix
SNDK - Sandisk
UFPI - Universal Forest Products

> APR 16

before

ADS - Alliance Data Systems
BX - Blackstone Group
C - Citigroup
GS - Goldman Sachs
GWW - W.W. Grainger
PM - Philip Morris International
PPG - PPG Industries
SHW - Sherwin-Williams Co
UNH - UnitedHealth Group

after

AMD - AMD
AXP - American Express
MAT - Mattel
NOW - ServiceNow
SLB - Schlumberger

> APR 17

before

GE - General Electric
HON - Honeywell
RAI - Reynolds American
STX - Seagate Technology

This is why I get discouraged about trading even before starting. All these patterns? How does one even recognize all these?

:lol:

mai g. those patterns are all after the fact. its historical which makes it easy. theres no blue print

The hell is happening with SHAK? Can't find any news on it.

Bought some SNDK puts. Them lowering guidance in the middle of the quarter can't be a good thing.

what is going on with gopro after hrs
piper jaffray upgrade :nerd:

picked up some at 42.15 and 44.27 over the last couple wks. hopefully, it can hit 48 by end of wk. earnings report in a couple wks

Last edited:
my guess is SHAK is getting ready to do cash raise/secondary/etc in the near future. these random run ups in IPOs usually lead to something of that nature in time.

Last edited:
Anyone here still using Robinhood?

I follow the markets as I work in the industry, but have never had an account (too much BS with my firm's policies).
I finally made it off the waitlist. Haven't funded yet due to no stops. I did find this subreddit though, http://www.reddit.com/r/1kRobinhoodProject/ He's up to 1300.
As a full time, self-employed equities trader and part time mentor for newer traders, I've seen many new traders attempt to start trading with a small account of $500 or $1000. Usually, these traders are unable to overcome the cost of commissions and end up burning their accounts away with fees, even if they are good traders. With Robinhood, the new commission-free broker backed by Google Ventures and other venture capitalists, there is no commission. There are tradeoffs to this but I do not believe they are as significant as having to pay a commission on every trade with a small account. So, between 2/23/15 and 3/1/2015 I opened and funded a $1,000 Robinhood account to experiment with. The goal is to either grow it to $10,000 or lose it all with the underlying purpose being to prove how much commissions really do affect trading results on accounts of $1,000 or less. Trades will be opportunistic only, as implementing a time limit or restrictions on trade price/volume/etc tends to force bad trades.

Nice I'm gonna follow that project

There was an NTer here who was spending like $8 to buy 1 share of various stocks. I think TMUS around $30 was one of them. Haven't seen cat in a while

Commission-free trading? Sign me up. Those costs have been a big thorn in my side over the years. Signed up for the Android beta, hopefully I can try this out sooner rather than later.

end of the day commissions are a part of doing business. either trade enough to get a reduced rate, or just stack your money so you dont need to worry too much about commissions when you trade. if a trade takes days to execute, that's an easy pass.

> APR 20

before

HAL - Halliburton
HAS - Hasbro
MS - Morgan Stanley
STI - SunTrust Banks

after

FTNT - Fortinet
IBM - International Business Machines
LRCX - Lam Research
RMBS - Rambus

> APR 21

before

BHI - Baker Hughes
DD - Du pont
KMB - Kimberly-Clark
KSU - Kansas City Southern
LMT - Lockheed Martin
MLNX - Mellanox Tech
SAP - SAP
UA - Under Armour
UTX - United Technologies Corp
VZ - Verizon

after

AMGN - Amgen
BRCM - Broadcom
CMG - Chipotle Mexican Grill
CREE- Cree
DFS - Discover Financial services
ISRG - Intuitive Surgical
NBR - Nabors Industries
PFPT - Proofpoint
URI - United Rentals
VMW - VM Ware
YHOO - Yahoo!
YUM - Yum Brands

> APR 22

before

ABT - Abbott Labs
AN - AutoNation
ANGI - Angies List
BA - Boeing
DHI - DR Horton
EMC - EMC Corp
KO - Coca Cola
MCD - McDonalds
OC - Owens Corning
SIX - Six Flags Entertainment
STJ - St. Jude Medical
TMO - Thermo Fisher Scientific

after

CAKE - Cheesecake Factory
CLB - Core Labs
CLGX - CoreLogic
CTXS - Citrix Systems
E BAY - e Bay
FB - Facebook
FFIV - F5 Networks
ORLY - O Reilly Auto
QCOM - Qualcomm
T - AT&T
TSCO - tractor supply
TXN - Texas Instruments
XLNX - Xilinx

> APR 23

before

ALK - Alaska Air Group
ALXN - Alexion Pharmaceuticals
AVT - Avnet
BAX - Baxter International
CAB - Cabellas
CAT - Caterpillar
DOW - Dow Chemical
DNKN - Dunkin Brands
DPS - Dr Pepper Snapple
DPZ - Dominos Pizza
FCX - Freeport McMoRan
GM - General Motors
HSY - Hershey
LLY - Eli Lilly
LUV - Southwest Airlines
MJN - Mead Johnson Nutrition
MMM - 3M
MO - Altria
NUE - Nucor Corp
PEP - Pepsi Co
PG - Procter & Gamble
PHM - Pulte Group
RTN - Raytheon
SWK - Stanley Black & Decker
UAL - United Continental
UNP - Union Pacific Corp

after

ALTR - Altera Corp
AMZN - Amazon
AWAY - Home Away
BGS - B&G Foods
CBI - Chicago Bridge & Iron
COF - Capital One Financial
EW - Edwards Lifesciences
FSL - Freescale Semiconductor
GIMO - Gigamon
GOOG / GOOGL - Google
HA - Hawaiian Holdings
JNPR - Juniper Networks
MSFT - Microsoft
N - Netsuite
NTGR - Netgear
P - Pandora
SBUX - Starbucks
TRN - Trinity Industries

> APR 24

BIIB - Biogen
COG - Cabot Oil & Gas

Biggggggg week

Is this the start of the long awaited correction, and if so how big of a correction y'all think we finna get?

Frankly, I was holding off on jumping into the market until realizing certain financial milestones, but if we dip like crazy, I'm gonna be out here splurging.

"Gimme some of that, i'll take some of those...owhhh wee definitely wrap those up for me..."

...gotta shop when the market is on sale...:lol:

Last edited:
nice trade fam :pimp:

Thanks papi. I have a confession to make. This was my first trade of the year :wow:

Is this the start of the long awaited correction, and if so how big of a correction y'all think we finna get?

Frankly, I was holding off on jumping into the market until realizing certain financial milestones, but if we dip like crazy, I'm gonna be out here splurging.

"Gimme some of that, i'll take some of those...owhhh wee definitely wrap those up for me..."

...gotta shop when the market is on sale...:lol:

Nobody knows. Every time we get a pull back, a v-shaped rally happens. I'd be cautious

yes, earninga dont matter, liquidity does.

Earnings absolutely matter especially for day traders

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom