OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

My friend sent me this and I agree 100%:

“The analogy I can give for markets is if you were a sports star in your prime (like our inflated artificial mkts have been) and you break 2 legs, 2 arms, both hips at once - you may heal in 6 mo and rehab, but you are damaged permanently.

6 month recession only??, no way.”

I have an emergency situation to deal with today so I can’t actively trade but I am holding large NQ short position and will hold over the weekend. If we get any pop at the close I am willing today put my whole life savings short NQ.

This trade is money in the bank. This past month has been my most profitable ever and i’ve been trading for 15+ years. Literally multiplied my account many times over. Definitely giving a lot back to charity this year.

Hope your emergency situation is remedied quickly with positive outcomes.
Godspeed!

Wow, might watch for a short opportunity :nerd:.

F62CB6F6-53A2-4EDE-AA39-4F0046F2187C.jpeg

NEW YORK FED SAYS IT WILL OFFER $1 TRILLION IN DAILY REPO OPERATIONS FOR REST OF THE MONTH

NY FED SAYS $500 BILLION WILL BE OFFERED IN THE MORNING AND ANOTHER $500 BILLION IN THE AFTERNOON

*just zeros at this point

Last edited:
One thing I can appreciate about Robinhood is that it will tell you when a option order has a wide bid ask spread

Those are the worst contracts to trade (imo)
It’s like people don’t want to pay you the value of the contract at all 🙄🙄🙄

like nah fam I’m already above my break even I’ll just let them execute it automatically for the right price

why are you so high on Pinterest?
I only have 70 shares at the moment but will continue building a position by dca'ing
322 million monthly active users. FB has 2.45 billion, IG over a billion, Twitter 330 million, snapchat 46 million, TikTok 500 million. Just looking at that alone, Pinterest should be 3rd behind the FB monopoly, TikTok and Twitter.

Half of all millennials are Pinterest users
1/3 of their users use it to follow brands and companies
667 pins made per user, 2/3 are brand or product related
6/10 millennials use it for product discovery
Pinterest drives 33% more referral to shopping websites than FB and yet only 28% of marketers are using Pinterest which means there's tons of upside potential once people realize how much more traffic it generates
revenue topped 1 billion in 2019
10th most relevant brand in the US
High income households are twice as more likely to use Pinterest than low income which means more purchasing potential from ads
>2 billion searches on Pinterest a month
number of active advertisers doubled in 2019
revenue from shopping ads grew 100%
91% of Pinners looking for tech/telecom decide to buy after seeing content on Pinterest
ads flow seamlessly amongst content and actually are intelligent (looking at baby showers will bring you a target ad for products you would buy when attending a shower)

Some more factors but basically, at these prices I think it's undervalued and should be at least the same price as Twitter. Next quarter will probably be down because of coronavirus but it'll be a buying opportunity.

What im wondering, is with how much $$ they are injecting into the market, are asset prices already seeing inflation?

For example, the Dow at 19K now, but without the injections would we be at 16/15K? And if so, wouldnt that relate to share prices as well?

I'm still trying to wrap my mind/learn about how all of the $$ printing is going to impact the markets and asset valuations

Seeing people on twitter talk about $MEDS, which is a home-delivery prescription service. Any of y’all watching? I’m basically looking for shorts with all these pumps :lol:.

20609F28-3B98-4E16-BB95-6765D7878D40.jpeg

10 minutes from close and the markets are dropping hard. Pricing in the terrible expectations of the weekend?

Apple finally starting to fail. Cut through 230 which was a level of interest. 205 seems like the next stop, then 165. Might set some limit lottos at 165 and see if they hit.

Pissed me off since I had puts for aapl 235 all week. Had to back out of that trade without profit. grrrrrr.

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm thats like my Baba 175 that was filled lol - make sure you fill at like 180 as well
Got a few set now for Roku at 48, DIS at 65, SBUX at 42 and 37, UBER at 10, Either none hit or they all hit and I max out my margin on accident lol I do think we have one more wave of selling happening. We have another big down week, Idk how people DONT step in and buy.
Pissed me off since I had puts for aapl 235 all week. Had to back out of that trade without profit. grrrrrr.
Frustrating man. Hang in there though.

Back
Top Bottom