OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Losing money on all my call options hard

At least 2 positions are gonna expire close to worthless (expire tomorrow)

I thought the rule for playing options was that the first one was free. Not for me...lol

Taking this L in stride though. Learning a lot here these past few weeks.

Last edited:
Losing money on all my call options hard

At least 2 positions are gonna expire close to worthless (expire tomorrow)

I thought the rule for playing options was that the first one was free. Not for me...lol

Taking this L in stride though. Learning a lot here these past few weeks.
Honestly, buy at the money or a 40 delta call in a stock ready to make a hard and fast move. Avoid slow movers. Think about longer term options if front month premium is killing you. Keep size small until your account grows exponentially.

Honestly, buy at the money or a 40 delta call in a stock ready to make a hard and fast move. Avoid slow movers. Think about longer term options if front month premium is killing you. Keep size small until your account grows exponentially.

Good points. I messed up by not having good stops on DDOG on some OTM calls. Timing was bad as many took profits, but lesson learned. I still believe in my $70 price target on PTON but bought $60's ITM for August and $65s. I avg;d down on my $65s, too.

Good points. I messed up by not having good stops on DDOG on some OTM calls. Timing was bad as many took profits, but lesson learned. I still believe in my $70 price target on PTON but bought $60's ITM for August and $65s. I avg;d down on my $65s, too.
I personally struggle with otm options and wind up overthinking them. People who can clean up with deep otm more power to them. I usually only day trade atm options occasionally now or trade spreads. Not about that diamond hands gay bear life.

Because I blew it with AMD, I’m looking at FB tomorrow for an earnings beat :lol: :nerd:.

There goes FB...

200.gif

Apple did great.

Should have known. Damn I had a call out to 2021 on them...I mean i made money on it but damn. Dah well.

Back
Top Bottom