OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

What’s everyone buying up or playing for this upcoming week’s earnings?

FB_IMG_1596313669149.jpg

Looking at puts for Disney and Uber. Might play Activision/Blizzard. Already in a long call for fastly.

Torn between picking up some AAPL this week and then riding the wave until the end of the month when the split happens or making other moves until the additional shares become available. Decisions...

How y’all think Clorox will do? Beat or miss earnings?

I think Clorox will do well. But they ran up 10 bucks Friday. I had them on my watch list but got caught up with PINS (not gonna complain) and missed the boat.

Thinking about going in on Chegg, Activision, Etsy and Uber.
Was thinkin the same think with Chegg. Only thing I'm wondering, isn't Chegg based more for highschool and college students? I like the online schooling plays, just feel Chegg isn't broad enough. And Esty already ran up a ton so I wonder how much is already priced in or if there is more to go right now. I see them both going up over time just wondering if earnings will really make em pop alot. But with this market who the hell knows?!

FYI- this is just MY observation. I'm no professional and have only been doing this for a few years so any beginners in here don't listen to me, I'm asking questions and observing myself.

Torn between picking up some AAPL this week and then riding the wave until the end of the month when the split happens or making other moves until the additional shares become available. Decisions...

I've been debating this as well. Obviously, the split doesn't affect the immediate value of one's equity stake, but from a market psychology standpoint, I feel like it would be better to buy before the split. Can you imagine the surge in price we're going to see when the 13 yr old Robinhood day trader jumps on the wagon once AAPL starts trading at about $100 per share?

Was thinkin the same think with Chegg. Only thing I'm wondering, isn't Chegg based more for highschool and college students? I like the online schooling plays, just feel Chegg isn't broad enough. And Esty already ran up a ton so I wonder how much is already priced in or if there is more to go right now. I see them both going up over time just wondering if earnings will really make em pop alot. But with this market who the hell knows?!

FYI- this is just MY observation. I'm no professional and have only been doing this for a few years so any beginners in here don't listen to me, I'm asking questions and observing myself.
fwiw Chegg is IBD’s number stock this week.

I've been debating this as well. Obviously, the split doesn't affect the immediate value of one's equity stake, but from a market psychology standpoint, I feel like it would be better to buy before the split. Can you imagine the surge in price we're going to see when the 13 yr old Robinhood day trader jumps on the wagon once AAPL starts trading at about $100 per share?

That’s exactly why I’m considering buying in now even while the stock is on a high. The day those split prices become available to everyone there’s going to be a massive run. I wouldn’t be surprised if the stock was just on a steady rise all month long and then a crazy rush to close out August.

*$BOXL

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm If you don't mind me asking...what platform does your district use for remote learning? Any opinions on Boxlight? They have major school districts already signed on and est. 420k teachers registered on their platform. The stock itself is stressful due to its infancy & growing pains a la share offerings. This remote learning sector reminds me of Vaccines/Therapeutics back in February.

*$BOXL

johnnyredstorm johnnyredstorm If you don't mind me asking...what platform does your district use for remote learning? Any opinions on Boxlight? They have major school districts already signed on and est. 420k teachers registered on their platform. The stock itself is stressful due to its infancy & growing pains a la share offerings. This remote learning sector reminds me of Vaccines/Therapeutics back in February.
In the spring we primarily only used Google Classroom as the vehicle to store our assignments and lessons. In summer school the NYC DOE is using I LearnNYC not sure if it’s tied to anything, and in the fall it’ll be either that or a Google Classroom. Everyone will be using Zoom in the fall with some schools allowed to use Google Meet or Teams but Zoom seems like the city mandate. I honestly haven’t seen any of these remote plays in my daily life which is one of the reason I have ignored them. Chegg is the only one I’d pay attention too but that’s more so for colleges I think.

In the spring we primarily only used Google Classroom as the vehicle to store our assignments and lessons. In summer school the NYC DOE is using I LearnNYC not sure if it’s tied to anything, and in the fall it’ll be either that or a Google Classroom. Everyone will be using Zoom in the fall with some schools allowed to use Google Meet or Teams but Zoom seems like the city mandate. I honestly haven’t seen any of these remote plays in my daily life which is one of the reason I have ignored them. Chegg is the only one I’d pay attention too but that’s more so for colleges I think.

Thanks for your insight!

Anyone in here do vertical call spreads or any type of option strategy? I Usually do naked calls but the vertical spread seems a little better managing the risk. I think

Anyone in here do vertical call spreads or any type of option strategy? I Usually do naked calls but the vertical spread seems a little better managing the risk. I think
Vertical spreads are a little safer and more secure. You cap your upside, but limit your risk so it’s a trade off.

Never messed with diagonals but I want to understand them better. What’s your question?

Back
Top Bottom