OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

International markets looking good :nerd:

Picked up MAR 85 FB calls at the close. Pls.

Last edited:
AAPL either going to $110+ or $90/95 by weeks end.

I think it's gonna go higher for the time being.

Worried about their guidance tho.

It's all on guidence. Apple can beat expectations handily, but if they project a lower number of phones sold next quarter than analysts are expecting... madness.

Here's to a solid earnings beat and good news down the line!

All anecdotal, but I'd guess 6S sales won't meet expectations either through sales or guidance since no one I know has one and have no desire to upgrade from their 6. Same for the new line of iPads.

Yea, I'm an Apple stan but both the 6 & 6S have been totally underwhelming.

I actually went back to my 5S from the 6 and I'm enjoying the experience way more, in spite of the tiny screen.

Now they're going to release a Mini-6S, not realizing that amazing machined aesthetics and ergonomics of the 5S is what made it such a runaway hit, not just the size.

Tim Cook is running the premiere global Tech company like Walmart.

They better knock it out the box with the iPhone 7 and start putting that 300 Billion cash stockpile to use, acquiring some hot IPs/startups.

I bought in to NKE at around 50$ and I thought I was late to the party. Looking like they will have another record year. 

Last edited:
Everyone kind of saw the writing on the wall before AAPLs earnings. Luckily their stock didnt crash. It can handle a 2.5% drop after hours, but it'll be interesting to see how it plays out over the next week. Any bad news from China or Europe could send it into a tailspin.

Dont know anything about stocks. What are some great resources and books to read on how to be good at it? 

Also what are some realistic goals in the stock market? Hypothetically, if I put in 50k all at once, how much do you think someone could make with that?

Please lemme know!

Thanks

Also, why wouldnt you just buy stock in a big company, and sell it later on? Not too long afterwards, but like that guy mentioned up there he bought nike for $50. Depending on how many shares, you're now making $10 a share. So why not just throw all your money in Nike...

Also even if the economy is bad, shouldn't some stocks still do well regardless? Excuse me for not knowing anything.  Like I said some books and resources would be helpful lol

Last question- if youre out to make money in the market, shouldnnt you avoid stock that are high in price like Nike? I know Im contradicting myself, but even if you put in 100k for nike, youre making 20k. Seems like you need a lot more money and shares to win big from a stock with that price. Are lower priced stock riskier? 

Last edited:
Haha I meant someone with decent experience and someone with decent knowledge. Any resources though bro?

First page has some books listed in the OP.

Someone with decent experience, well, it all depends on their risk tolerance and time frame. Are they day trading or investing? Are they into speculative stocks or more secure stocks? Are they using options or stock? A concrete answer can't really be given on that question since there are so many variables and different styles of trading to take into account.

High priced stocks shouldn't be avoided because of their price. You need to learn the difference between valuation and dollar amount. AAPL may be a $100 stock, but it has a better valuation and future than let's say a $5 stock like VJET.

Last edited:
Practice. Sign up for a mock account on Marketwatch or something, and treat it like it's real money. You'll lose more money by not knowing yourself than anything. Gain patience, practice diffetent strategies, and figure out your biases. Once you're comfortable with the markets, dip your toes in. Right now, with the volatility levels so high, it might be best to watch from the sidelines.

Also, why wouldnt you just buy stock in a big company, and sell it later on? Not too long afterwards, but like that guy mentioned up there he bought nike for $50. Depending on how many shares, you're now making $10 a share. So why not just throw all your money in Nike...
Last question- if youre out to make money in the market, shouldnnt you avoid stock that are high in price like Nike? I know Im contradicting myself, but even if you put in 100k for nike, youre making 20k. Seems like you need a lot more money and shares to win big from a stock with that price. Are lower priced stock riskier? 
I wouldn't recommend putting all of your assets into 1 bucket. As with anything, you should spread your money around. I'm trying to build wealth, so I can stand to risk a lot more than my dad for instance, because he has more assets to protect. 

I usually purchase stocks in the 10$ range for that very reason, but that shouldn't be the only factor. I made exceptions with Nike and XOM because I see both as having long term upside. The easiest rule is buy low, sell high. It seems basic, but a lot of my friends get anxious when they see stocks they have dumped 10 grand into lose a couple thousand. You should invest with disposable income that you don't NEED for a few years imo. 

Last edited:
Another way of looking at "buy low, sell high" is "buy high, sell higher." Basically, don't be afraid of growth. There are limits obviously with overbought stocks.

Back
Top Bottom