OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Realistically, how much higher can DIS run? They have 88m Disney+ subscribers, while Netflix has 195m. With DIS as a company having a 280bn market cap and NFLX at 220, if Disney catches NFLX subscriber count in a couple years the mkt cap of Disney would have to double, right? Assuming they don't **** everything up and NFLX isnt too overvalued? Disney a good buy even at ATHs?
Parents continually have more kids or kids become of age where they will subscribe. I don’t know how many kids there are in the US but you could probably extrapolate some of these details based on birth rates and an % of subscribers. Thing is when you have a kid of age, you’re keeping that thing for a couple years at least.

Realistically, how much higher can DIS run? They have 88m Disney+ subscribers, while Netflix has 195m. With DIS as a company having a 280bn market cap and NFLX at 220, if Disney catches NFLX subscriber count in a couple years the mkt cap of Disney would have to double, right? Assuming they don't **** everything up and NFLX isnt too overvalued? Disney a good buy even at ATHs?

ive always looked at it as a 200-300 stock. I almost added at 154.50 but got cheap smh

this is why I started to lever down. Now things are different. Federal fund rate was 5% back then, it’s 0 now but if and when the fed tightens...

Last edited:
Im really weighing cashing out on my biggest winners (and keeping small runners on them) like I did with PTON. Being in a "euphoria" stage in the middle of a global pandemic and national economic depression is WILD.

I am on IG this morning and I’m not an IG person (I’m bored on a call)

Two of the dumbest people I know from HS I recently followed (mutual friend died) and they are talking about how they don’t have jobs but they are trading stocks

This just solidifies my bear status

judging off your past posts, two dumbest people from your HS = easily at least top 10% IQ in the US tho...

Last edited:
Im really weighing cashing out on my biggest winners (and keeping small runners on them) like I did with PTON. Being in a "euphoria" stage in the middle of a global pandemic and national economic depression is WILD.
I'm not touching any of my big winners since I love the companies long term and don't have a better place to put them, but I am trimming my lowest conviction stocks or worst averages. I took FEAC off today. I'm also hedging. Grabbed a SPY hedge for next week put spread 355-350 for .67 and a Jan 15 hedge for NVDA 420-415 for .32. I also levered down and bought back more PINS put spreads. I did start into some GOGO, just 25 shares, so raising cash and getting defensive but still staying net long.

May have been a day early but I think my hedges might print next week. QQQ is slowly working.

Last edited:
I am on IG this morning and I’m not an IG person (I’m bored on a call)

Two of the dumbest people I know from HS I recently followed (mutual friend died) and they are talking about how they don’t have jobs but they are trading stocks

This just solidifies my bear status

Nothing new. People read a couple tweets and think, “hey, I can do that too.” A friend of mine came across someone who claimed to have purchased ABNB at 68 yesterday.

I'm not touching any of my big winners since I love the companies long term and don't have a better place to put them, but I am trimming my lowest conviction stocks or worst averages. I took FEAC off today. I'm also hedging. Grabbed a SPY hedge for next week put spread 355-350 for .67 and a Jan 15 hedge for NVDA 420-415 for .32. I also levered down and bought back more PINS put spreads. I did start into some GOGO, just 25 shares, so raising cash and getting defensive but still staying net long.

May have been a day early but I think my hedges might print next week. QQQ is slowly working.

For your NVDA hedge, what makes you think it would drop that low? Total market crash?

For your NVDA hedge, what makes you think it would drop that low? Total market crash?
Worst case scenario if it breaks through the downside pivot of 516 and rejects it should be 415. There’s a VPOC there and typically VPOCs act as magnets. It might not work, who knows, but at $32 of risk to make $468 on a hedge, plug my **** into an outlet, I’m ready.

I feel like a true bozo buying at 146. Smh.
Not a bozo, just someone who is excited and needs to maintain perspective and create a concrete plan.

grabbed a starter in IIPR today. Weed reit. Love the growth top and bottom line, plus a dividend. Don’t see weed being legal federally any time soon which should continue to benefit their business.

Worst case scenario if it breaks through the downside pivot of 516 and rejects it should be 415. There’s a VPOC there and typically VPOCs act as magnets. It might not work, who knows, but at $32 of risk to make $468 on a hedge, plug my **** into an outlet, I’m ready.

There has to be a catalyst to this play that you’re not telling us about :nerd:.

ehhh nothing special
Accessibility if anything

Chase probably one of the better "hub" accounts to have. Schwab checking maybe a possibility for what you're looking for (esp if you also use Amex cards, they have a deal where you can cash out your Amex points thru Schwab).

I asked what you were looking for, because I'm pretty up to speed CC and bank account sign up bonuses. Also known as "churning". So if you were looking for a sign up bonus or something, I would have given a rec. I think I earned like $2100+ in "free" sign up bonus money from bank accounts this year :lol:

Technical analysis on Tesla stock for week ending 12/12/2020. Tesla’s bullish momentum hits a snag as it stalls in the $600’s. Tesla dipped sharply on Thursday before reversing. It’s found itself right at $610 support on Friday. If bulls can push it higher, the next resistance levels first lie at $628, then $660. However, bearish MACD and RSI are indicating a potential break below $610 support to test $585 support, and if that level breaks then $575 would be next level of support.

Tesla news this week includes:
-Gene Munster: Tesla could soar another 300% as the company expands its tech outside the auto industry
-Ryan Brinkman: Tesla gets $90 price target from JPMorgan
-Tesla to raise up to $5 billion in share offering

I w
Technical analysis on Tesla stock for week ending 12/12/2020. Tesla’s bullish momentum hits a snag as it stalls in the $600’s. Tesla dipped sharply on Thursday before reversing. It’s found itself right at $610 support on Friday. If bulls can push it higher, the next resistance levels first lie at $628, then $660. However, bearish MACD and RSI are indicating a potential break below $610 support to test $585 support, and if that level breaks then $575 would be next level of support.

Tesla news this week includes:
-Gene Munster: Tesla could soar another 300% as the company expands its tech outside the auto industry
-Ryan Brinkman: Tesla gets $90 price target from JPMorgan
-Tesla to raise up to $5 billion in share offering

i dumped Tesla this week lol

I don't have a position
Long. 43 average because of averaging up and selling my early buys to lock in profits. 25 shares. Would buy more over time.

As more and more people transition away from traditional cable they are best suited to hit multiple demos. Not hard to pass netflix when you have there catalogue, Hulu, and ESPN. You get all 3.

I've been in Disney long term. All this being done while parks are closed.

Bob Iger is also a big part of the Disney vision and should not be taken for granted. I think the board will do better with selecting the next CEO when the right time comes across.

Back
Top Bottom