OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

I thought OH charges $5 per trade? Havent been on there in a while, did they change their rates?

It's $5 for stocks. $5 + 50c/contract for options. Used to be cheaper. They actually just got bought out by one of the big shots, so I'm expecting that rate to go even higher.

Might have to look into Interactive Brokers although their UI looks a little intimidating to me.

Commissions are the cost of business. Nothing you can do about it but take the best trades to make it worthwhile.

Word. I haven't been overtly active with trading, just picking spots here and there to snipe a quick profit.

^ Where ya been wiz? Used to follow your blog all the time for tech analysis.

Man I ran into a legal problem and lost my drivers license for drunk driving. Trading had to take a back seat while I sorted out my personal issues. Not to mention the $10k hit between lawyer fees, fines, classes, surcharges, etc. I had to learn the lesson the hard way because it wasn't the first time I drove drunk. So don't drink and drink

I've been back day trading for about a month and just grinding it out. I plan to get back to blogging in the near future

It's $5 for stocks. $5 + 50c/contract for options. Used to be cheaper. They actually just got bought out by one of the big shots, so I'm expecting that rate to go even higher.

Might have to look into Interactive Brokers although their UI looks a little intimidating to me.

Commissions are the cost of business. Nothing you can do about it but take the best trades to make it worthwhile.

Word. I haven't been overtly active with trading, just picking spots here and there to snipe a quick profit.
Yeah I got the email that eTrade bought em. Hopefully not too much changes.

wizards23 wizards23 glad you're safe and learned from the mistake, man. Hope everything's back in order now.

^ Where ya been wiz? Used to follow your blog all the time for tech analysis.

Man I ran into a legal problem and lost my drivers license for drunk driving. Trading had to take a back seat while I sorted out my personal issues. Not to mention the $10k hit between lawyer fees, fines, classes, surcharges, etc. I had to learn the lesson the hard way because it wasn't the first time I drove drunk. So don't drink and drink

I've been back day trading for about a month and just grinding it out. I plan to get back to blogging in the near future

Sorry to hear man. Glad to hear you're back trading though. I'm sure that $10k will be made up soon enough.

Speaking of blogs, any good websites/ blogs worth checking out to learn what's trending or worth looking into? I read articles on the Google stock app and etrade that compiles articles from the street, Bloomberg and etc. I was hoping to read other materials than releases, reports and what not

I use Scottrade. good user interface, and the lowest fees of the major firms. When you talking 1-3$ differences though, it really is preference imo.

Speaking of blogs, any good websites/ blogs worth checking out to learn what's trending or worth looking into? I read articles on the Google stock app and etrade that compiles articles from the street, Bloomberg and etc. I was hoping to read other materials than releases, reports and what not
Yahoo Finance

10K's of companies you're interested in -- read the industry/competitor section to get a big picture

Commentary released every quarter by mutual funds

Sell-side equity research reports

based mod based mod noskey noskey

I'm extremely grateful and thankful that no one got hurt. Sometimes you need to learn things the hard way when you don't pay attention to the signs the universe gives you. It's all good now and I put it behind me

dragonnife dragonnife
I like finviz.com for scans of unusual volume, top gainers, overbought, etc. Chart school on stockcharts.com is also a good resource for getting started with technical analysis. I like to check out the pre and post market movers on Nasdaq.com

Who made $ on this TSLA/SCTY deal?

laugh.gif

So my grandmother passed away and left me a lil money from her 401k. I have the opportunity to cash out the money or roll it over into an Ira to invest? Any advice and any good stocks to invest into

So my grandmother passed away and left me a lil money from her 401k. I have the opportunity to cash out the money or roll it over into an Ira to invest? Any advice and any good stocks to invest into

I'm a fan of saving so rolling it into an IRA would be my choice. I'd put it in a broad market index fund and leave it alone until retirement....maybe something that follows the S&P 500. I personally don't invest money from my retirement accounts in individual companies.....wouldn't want to put all my eggs in one basket.

Last edited:
Yeah I would roll it over. I know the temptation is there to get the cash now but you have to build your base for the future. It's tough investing in companies for the long haul 10, 20, 30+ years for me because trends and technology changes so often and companies can be left behind. An index fund would be a good idea like based mentioned

So Tesla was a swing and a miss on earnings I see. Musk on the offense right now to calm investors and analysts.

Back
Top Bottom