OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

A hedge fund can out last a cost to borrow on a short more so than a retail investor. Not to mention they can put on a different trade to offset if they still want to be short.
The smart ones have been boxing this short squeeze the entire time while using the long side profits to build their short position.
Anyone for an idea for the next sub 1 dollar stock that will be triple digits by summer? Can PM me if you’d like too
Instead of gambling and hoping for a lotto ticket, why don’t you go out and grab a great company that has a strong CAGR or buy an index fund. I guarantee you will be more likely to create wealth this way than trying to gamble off finding the next great penny stock which will put you on the path to being average at best and never beating the market consistently.

I’ve been DCA into some mutual funds in my daughter’s custodial account, but I’m going to start buying a couple of stocks for her with great long term upside. It’ll be a balanced portfolio that isn’t too aggressive but focused on stocks benefiting from the thematics thst Ark mentioned in their big ideas.

Thinking so far about buying: GOOGL (deep learning, automation, fsd) BEAM (base editing), FB (virtual worlds), PYPL (digital wallet), PSNL (liquid biopsy). This gives me two very high risk/high reward plays which would be worth 5% each, and 3 blue chips that should grow safely over the next decade as they continue to redefine themselves. Ideally these are stocks that she can own for her lifetime (BEAM and PSNL will be bought out by then). If I wanted to be more aggressive I could swap PYPL with square or SoFi. We’ll see.

havent cemented my choices yet and will be building this over the long haul. The first purchase would probably be some beam and fb since they’re on sale.

You know it - gotten into red wine the last few years because of the fiancé.
Now you're speaking my language. Your in pinot noir heaven up here in the PNW. If you want some recommendations for some Willamette valley pinot lmk. Tbh I'm not sure how many get moved north but theres some wineries out here that dont know how to fail. My manager's got some recs for Walla Walla wines as well if merlot or cabs are more your speed.

Maybe if I end up in Seattle in the coming months I'll bring a little something with :nerd:

Wonder if they all work at AMZN and what level they are - maybe like lvl 9s???
I’m a Rainier Valley kid, currently working public sector with a humble salary. Basic pension and contributing to 457, but established a “play” account last year during the March dip essentially just going off a whim with companies I had some ideas about (DIS, ZM, PTON, BYND), nothing remotely close to five figures. This WSB stuff has been entertaining, but I’m in for the long trying to make real investments by adding little by little of shares from companies that fascinate me and can improve the world, it’s been cool to learn little by little. Not sure how y’all feel about Motley Fool, but I’ve tried reading their stuff for advice.

Do y'all use different apps for buying stocks or only one app?
Just one, Fidelity. It's all I CAN use, but I think keeping it all in one place is the best move especially as you get older a lot less to keep track of. Most brokerages have supplemental insurance above the FDIC $250k limit as well. And honestly... If one of the big brokerages went under we'd all have bigger problems.

Please don't use Robinhood. They had gamified what should be a very serious and thoughtful thing and have created this problem we're seeing.

I’m a Rainier Valley kid, currently working public sector with a humble salary. Basic pension and contributing to 457, but established a “play” account last year during the March dip essentially just going off a whim with companies I had some ideas about (DIS, ZM, PTON, BYND), nothing remotely close to five figures. This WSB stuff has been entertaining, but I’m in for the long trying to make real investments by adding little by little of shares from companies that fascinate me and can improve the world, and it’s been cool to learn little by little. Not sure how y’all feel about Motley Fool, but I’ve tried reading their stuff for advice.

It’s funny I was saying in a group thread today if they are upset about pump and dump what are they going to do about FOOL, CMLP, Cramer, talking heads etc?

Obviously the authors have to say if they have positions but anytime they have a new pick it’s a guarantee +5% pump

Look at the last CMLP pick - +22% today lol

Just one, Fidelity. It's all I CAN use, but I think keeping it all in one place is the best move especially as you get older a lot less to keep track of. Most brokerages have supplemental insurance above the FDIC $250k limit as well. And honestly... If one of the big brokerages went under we'd all have bigger problems.

Please don't use Robinhood. They had gamified what should be a very serious and thoughtful thing and have created this problem we're seeing.
Thanks.. :nthat:

My next question was going to be how legit is Fidelity?

Now you're speaking my language. Your in pinot noir heaven up here in the PNW. If you want some recommendations for some Willamette valley pinot lmk. Tbh I'm not sure how many get moved north but theres some wineries out here that dont know how to fail. My manager's got some recs for Walla Walla wines as well if merlot or cabs are more your speed.

Maybe if I end up in Seattle in the coming months I'll bring a little something with :nerd:

Damn man I was just there for MLK! Had an awesome time - stayed in McMinnville and loved Carlson (joked we should buy a spot there).

Spent way too much at Anderson - I got a bottle for you for your bday (the cellar is full with how much we bought). Feel like it’s the proper time to support these wineries.

Walla Walla is next in the list - I’m honestly more of a Cab guy.

Damn man I was just there for MLK! Had an awesome time - stayed in McMinnville and loved Carlson (joked we should buy a spot there).

Spent way too much at Anderson - I got a bottle for you for your bday (the cellar is full with how much we bought). Feel like it’s the proper time to support these wineries.

Walla Walla is next in the list - I’m honestly more of a Cab guy.
Makes sense if you're a California man to like cabs more. Their cabs are GOAT. Gotten drunk more than a few times in Napa valley during vacation and business.

Dont think I've had Anderson (might have at some point, the bottles look familiar after a quick google), but will add to my list. I live next to a wine shop.

If you make it back down here, Newberg has some of my favorite places. Gran Moraine and Evening Land are a couple places I frequent. They focus on pinots (its Oregon) but I think you might find one or two that you add to the cellar 8)

I’m going back to Webull bruh
I can’t do this fees after seeing my trade history for this month it probably more than a few hundred dollars of profit I could have had

I wish RH was a better platform these mother****as had a lay up in their app space and still missed the basket

I was pay check to pay check government worker 4 years ago and withdrew a third of my TSP to start a company. I can’t stomach much more at this point :lol:

I wish I could still contribute to the TSP. Hell I wish I had employer match still.

I hope everyone who works for a good company is taking advantage of the benefits and maxing out their IRA.
My company starting offering 401k a few months ago, and they're matching. I'm only contributing 2% tho :lol: will up the ante.

Fidelity is the definition of legit. In business over 70 years. They are their own clearinghouse. They handle over a TRILLION dollars. And it is rare, RARE, to hear any controversies from them. They also offer the most research for users.

Some people don’t like the UI, especially compared to RH. That’s the one complaint I hear about them. I don’t have a problem with it.

My company starting offering 401k a few months ago, and they're matching. I'm only contributing 2% tho :lol: will up the ante.

Max it out.

I wasn’t thinking about losing my 401k match and health insurance when I resigned. Those are HUGE benefits. I pay $600/mo for health insurance now SMH.

Back
Top Bottom