OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

My friend went to do his taxes with some accountant and told them about his capital gains had his forms on him and everything. The accountant said he doesn’t have to file it since he reinvested and it never hit his bank account. That’s gotta be incorrect right? I thought u get taxed once the gains are realized no matter if u withdraw it or not

Is it an IRA or 401k account?

I don’t like the valuation one bit, but I have to admit, I probably wouldn’t have liked TSLA’s valuation either. I’m thinking about taking a position in Joby Aviation RTP through options. I might buy the Oct $10 call and sell the $10 put or a put spread. If the trade works where I have a good cushion, I’d probably take assignment. This is not something I logically want to own valuation wise. $6b mc at $10 with zero revenues until 2024 and contingent on getting approval. It’s a huge lotto ticket. But it could become the TSLA of the air. If this is truly where we are heading as a society, they are lined up to be the leader in the space. I’m gonna go through the presentation and think it over but it’s definitely something I feel like I could regret never owning. My main gripe is that market cap which is ridiculous. But then again, if it went public in three or four years, the MC would be $30b plus so it is what it is. We’ll see what I decide to do.

the other option could be to just buy warrants outright and treat them as a call option

Td Ameritrade he definitely needs to pay. I feel like whoever he went to just wants to get him the biggest refund possible ... by any means

I have an IRA with TDA and I only pay taxes on disbursements. If u paying capital gains on ira/401k trades you gotta teach me how lol.

Its the only thing I can think of cause otherwise it sounds wild lol. Tax guy might be confusing real estate capital gains or something.

I have an IRA with TDA and I only pay taxes on disbursements. If u paying capital gains on ira/401k trades you gotta teach me how lol.

Its the only thing I can think of cause otherwise it sounds wild lol. Tax guy might be confusing real estate capital gains or something.
Lol it’s reg td trading account that tax lady prolly just wildin

MBN to work at Tesla but imo owning company stock <<<< especially if you are acquiring it at cost with no discount.

You're already exposed enough by working at the company why double down on that risk. I sold my company stock the day I got it and if I start getting paid in it will continue to do so.

I forgot about the possibility of that account being an IRA but really it just sounded like that person was misin

With the long hyped, long anticipated stimulus finally here, I am very curious to see what markets do now. I think short term bounce into another drop.

have anyone here been looking at the WSB reddit threads? All the meme is sooo funny that it got me buying GME just for the laugh.. lol

have anyone here been looking at the WSB reddit threads? All the meme is sooo funny that it got me buying GME just for the laugh.. lol
50b431b25821e0cf9d167e0c0ab9fa70.gif

tenor (10).gif

I learned very early on that there are a lot of "professional tax preparers" who will straight up lie on your tax returns to help you get the biggest refund possible. Why? Because you'll be happy and tell your friends and continue going there. The thing is, even if someone else does your taxes, you're still on the hook for the info submitted. You can still get in trouble. Is it worth it? I decided early on that it was not worth it for me, so from then on I just learned to do my own.

Max pain trade is up. They bull trapped you. Then shook you out into capitulation. Now they’re going to bear trap and lock you out. This is March all over again potentially. I’ll let price confirm, but I think we go higher.

With the long hyped, long anticipated stimulus finally here, I am very curious to see what markets do now. I think short term bounce into another drop.

I keep hearing about the head and shoulders set up on the s&p and nasdaq but idk man. With sentiment where its at, with fed asset purchases, with new stimulus capital, I feel like there needs to be a catalyst for a major correction.

All I know is the bulls need to hold these levels and they have the capital to do it, so if they dont....

Careful chasing this gap up. See if there’s profit taking off the open and let a trend set up.

two spacs that could be hot if the market heats up
VACQ rocket labs
NSH space + data and analytics company

Back
Top Bottom