OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET AND ECONOMY THREAD VOL. A NEW CHAPTER

Really need to learn to keep some ammunition on the side for days like this. Evergrande debacle got the whole market spooked, and though I already had an order filled premarket, I could've done more if I hadn't spent most of my funds earlier in the month...SMH.

Anyone got a strategy for keeping money on the side? Perhaps a certain percentage of your whole portfolio?

Red

there is a reward for hearing risk — I believe the best companies are the ones with the most resilient leadership

Really need to learn to keep some ammunition on the side for days like this. Evergrande debacle got the whole market spooked, and though I already had an order filled premarket, I could've done more if I hadn't spent most of my funds earlier in the month...SMH.

Anyone got a strategy for keeping money on the side? Perhaps a certain percentage of your whole portfolio?

I nibble on my emergency fund to scratch the itch of buying a dip. Main rule is that I need to replenish the amount I use with fresh capital ASAP, otherwise, I can’t nibble. I used to hold 3% off portfolio in cash but it didn’t provide me any psychological safety over being fully invested at this point in my financial journey, so I’ve opted for this strategy for now.

I’m curious what other people do.

Major risk alert for roku. Amazon and Google seem to be pressuring retailers to offer their TVs more or else. Roku could be in a tough spot moving forward unless they cut more checks with OEMs to entice them to use their OS.

you still holding onto your shares?

Major risk alert for roku. Amazon and Google seem to be pressuring retailers to offer their TVs more or else. Roku could be in a tough spot moving forward unless they cut more checks with OEMs to entice them to use their OS.

My remaining shares are honestly free at this point so there’s no reason to sell

pins on the other hand might get trimmed if I see something else I like

Back
Top Bottom